Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Monstrous Shrine Buff idea

Shad03
Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Might as well try my hand on this. If ya'll know any Devs that would be interested in reading this please @ this to them. I don't wanna just in case of anything, I dunno. ANYWAYS! Idea:

Your devotion to the Entity has been noticed. Half of the hooks in the trial will be converted into Devout Hooks. Devout and Devotion Hooks grant 50/75/100% more blood points in the Sacrifice Category. The hooks are given bonuses:

• 4/6/8% faster Entity progression.
  • 4/8/12% increased difficulty on escape attempts.
  • 4/6/8% increased penalty to escape fails.
  • Applies the hindered and mangled status effect for 10/20/30 seconds.
  • Devout Hooks take 10/20/30 more seconds to be sabotaged.

The Basement Hooks are turned into Devotion Hooks which pulse with the power of the Entity:

• 9/12/18% faster Entity progression.
  • 10/15/20% increased difficulty on escape attempts.
  • 6/9/12% increased penalty to escape fails.
  • Applies the broken status effect for 5/10/15 seconds.
  • Grants a 5/1015 second haste effect to killers upon hooking a survivor on a Devotion Hook.
Post edited by Shad03 on

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Nice idear.
    This is a good buff.
    But i think the perks need a new name,too.
    The current name is like:
    Hey when you hook survivor, then you can summon the entity.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

cool idea but seems a bit too much for a single perk available from the start

• Shad03

@MyNamePete said:
    cool idea but seems a bit too much for a single perk available from the start

Yeah, let me see if I can make it more fair. But of course the idea is that Monstrous Shrine should not be just a Basement thing. I will update now.

Is this better?

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Like I said on @ShyN3ko post, it should make escape impossible on all hooks with a bit faster regression.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I've made several different posts/discussions on this perk and how to improve it but they were all about altering what the perk did while you just improved what it already does. The faster Entity progression would be a great tool if it was faster, you made it faster AND made it for hooks above ground as well. So yours can be used on half of the normal hooks but the full power is still in the basement, and it gives more points. I would totally use this in a Basement build because I love Basement builds and I never use this perk because it's crap.

• Shad03

@thekiller490490 said:
    Like I said on @ShyN3ko post, it should make escape impossible on all hooks with a bit faster regression.

We wouldn't want to make this game unfair now would we? Much as I agree I doubt that would be a good idea.

• Shad03

@HatCreature said:
    I've made several different posts/discussions on this perk and how to improve it but they were all about altering what the perk did while you just improved what it already does. The faster Entity progression would be a great tool if it was faster, you made it faster AND made it for hooks above ground as well. So yours can be used on half of the normal hooks but the full power is still in the basement, and it gives more points. I would totally use this in a Basement build because I love Basement builds and I never use this perk because it's crap.

I'll take this comment as you liking my idea. If so, thanks, I like trying to come up with ideas that could be worthwhile. Now if only the devs could see this then that would be just fine.

Also yeah, the point of this would be that it should still be a basement relient perk, BUT should be 'viable' outside the basement if all else fails.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I like the idea, especially the Broken/Haste component. However, i don't think the Broken effect should be on basement hooks. It gives way too much of an advantage in a situation where survivors are already vulnerable. Other than that it looks fine.

Would like to see more BP farming perks for survivors like this and BBQ as well.

• Shad03

@DexyIV said:
    I like the idea, especially the Broken/Haste component. However, i don't think the Broken effect should be on basement hooks. It gives way too much of an advantage in a situation where survivors are already vulnerable. Other than that it looks fine.

Would like to see more BP farming perks for survivors like this and BBQ as well.

I might come up with something for that. Survivors definitely need more blood point gain love. As for the broken effect in general, it's to prevent survivors from just healing in the basement or even hanging around the general area. But I could either tone it down or give a different effect. I'll go do that change now.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Yeah I love your idea, I enjoy reworking perks and this is a good one. I know they have people who look here for them, I only know of one person though and that's peanits.

• Shad03
    • Updated the number values.
    • Changed blood point bonus to a straight category point bonus.
  • Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Should probably update Broken timed effect. 12 seconds isn't much, I'd say 40/50/60 Secs to do real damage to the survivor, or maybe set it to 10/20/30 secs. Regardless, 12 seconds is quite quick.

• Shad03

@Toxicity23 It isn't meant to be super damaging. It is just to prevent basement healing, since a lot of survivors tend to do that. It's a "Either get out of my basement or die again" thing.

• Toxicity23

Oh, that makes sense, alright. Thank you for clarifyin'.

• Shad03

@Toxicity23 No prob, though I'll buff the numbers jus a lil' bit.

Would 15 seconds max do?

• Toxicity23
    edited May 2019

@Shad03 Yeah, that'd work.

• Shad03
    • Switched the effects of Devout and Devotion hooks.
    • Devout Hooks now apply hindered and mangled while Devotion Hooks cause broken.
    • Broken lasts slightly longer.
  • Shad03

@DudeDelicious Sure.

That only applies if the killer is alone with that radius. If there is another survivor, that defect is not applied.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933
    edited June 2019

MONSTROUS SHRINE:

- Survivors within the basement or who enter the basement while the Killer is at least 48 metres away will suffer from the Exposed Effect for 60 seconds

- Survivors within the basement while the Killer is also in the basement will scream and reveal their location

- Reduces hook stages to 55/50/45 seconds on basement hooks

- Reduces hook escape chance to 0 regardless of offerings or perks on basement hooks

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

I can see upping the progression for Monstrous a little as it really isn't worth a perk slot as is unless you're screwing around but Nurse's is best left for catching people healing in the basement.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

What in any way should be op on this Perk. It's only the basement which is dangerous. And going down near the basement is the Survivors fault in the first place. People are just afraid to make perks proper strong and viable

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Just delete this perk.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited June 2019

This perk needs buffs/rework more than any other. It’s been in this state since launch.

• Shad03

@JESUS_CHRIST

Some people bring instant heals or We'll Make It, trust me there were many times I get to the basement and they're still down there healing. I want to prevent that occasion from occurring.

@Star99er

It does, that's why I have this post. I don't want to make this a op perk, nor do I want it's main design changed so much, this is what I feel would do it justice without making it a go to perk.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

Exactly, the basement is a very dangerous place to be hooked in the first place that's why his idea is OP. His idea encourages camping because now survivors have to hook bomb the person before they die cause they'll have 45 seconds instead of 2. It'll encourage camping and you wont get punished for it cause they die so quick. Nobody is against weak perks being decent, everyone's against perks being OP.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

One idea could be that the rescuer is locked in the basement for x seconds, but the unhooked can go free. Make it only apply if the Killer is x meters from the basement, like Huntress' basement perk