The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what's the best/your favorite doctor build?

robin
robin Member Posts: 149

after months of just using doc for daily rituals, I'm picking him back up again to prestige him. I was wondering what the best or most fun doc build is.
I used to run Distressing, Montior and Abuse, Overcharge, and Deerstalker. this was the first killer I really used so I didn't have any teachables back then, that's why it's such a basic doc build.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Anything that affects increases his Aura, as that is what affects his shock radius. Distressing is defiantly a good one to have, and Monitor and Abuse can be good if you only switch to attack when you're right on top of the survivor. Don't know about many other perks because I have so few as him though, so this is the best I can do.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330
    edited June 2018
    Hex: Ruin, Unnerving presence, Distressing, Overcharge
    Fundamentally I don't use Unnerving presence + Monitor & Abuse because Unnerving presence alerts the survivors that you are close. Then is M&A pretty useless.
  • Aladeen
    Aladeen Member Posts: 22
    Best build for me is distressing, over charge, bbq and chili, unnerving pressence. U can change over charge for Hex Ruin, but I pref oc.
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Distressing, caulrophobia, unnerving presence, and overwhelming presence is a really fun build imo. Combine with increased effect of static field or TR add-ons. 
  • Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

Distressing
    Unnerving Presence
    BBQ & Chilli
    Overcharge

Calm + Restraint

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2018

Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge, NOED

I find 3 gens close to each other and you know the drill....

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

I use:

• Distressing
    • nurse calling
    • BBQ
    • Ruin
      Add-ons: Restraint + Discipline

but when the update is out for consoles, i will remove bbq and put on Coulrophobia

• Dibs
    Dibs Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2018

I don't like to run the three gen build, I prefer to maximize Blood Points, without torturing the survivors (Although if that's your thing, go ahead).

I run:

• Distressing
    • Nurses Calling
    • BBQ & Chilli
    • Overcharge

With the Addons

• Order
    • Range extension

With this build, yo can easily keep track of the survivors, and put decent pressure on them. I find order to be great, as I don't tunnel, so with the Illusory pallets, it greatly reduces looping for my newer targets, and this effect snowballs the later into the game you get.

Nurses is definitely optional, as good survivors wont heal near you. The same goes for Overcharge, as better players wont have much issue with the skill-check, but often they will fail it.

Unfortunately, for higher level play, with good SWFs, you might find the 3 gen build is much better.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    BBQ
    Distressing
    Unnerving Presence 
    Overcharge

Iridescent King/Any Carter’s Notes add-ons
    High Stimulus Electrode
  • DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Cetren said:
    Distressing, caulrophobia, unnerving presence, and overwhelming presence is a really fun build imo. Combine with increased effect of static field or TR add-ons. 
    Is this good for hitting the survivors with Therapy? Making them crazy?

Been trying new killers and really hating how weak they all feel, especially starting, but the Doctor is actually quite a bit of fun right out of the gate.
  • Raketenluna
    Raketenluna Member Posts: 1

Distressing
    Ruin
    Unnerving Presence
    Nurses Calling

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2018

I have 2 builds. One is "for funsies"

Main build is pretty standard. Pressure and annoy them into making mistakes, maintain that pressure

Distressing
    Unnerving Presence
    BBQ n Chili
    Nurses Calling

Then there's the "for funsies" which is when I decide to go "Railgun Doc". Must be run with the addins "Interview Tape" and the green electrode to get a 35 meter shock. Combined with the below perks, this long range lets you surprise them from outside your heartbeat range and make self-heal almost impossible to accomplish as you stay on them. Not saying it's the best build, but it's funny as hell to use. (especially when you surprise them by probing generator auras)

Monitor and Abuse
    Nurses Calling
    Overcharge/NOED/Franklins (depends on mood/group)
    BBQ N Chili

• christtrash
    christtrash Member Posts: 5

Always nurses calling, it shows you them when they are snapping out of it. That with add ons to boost his shock range and you will have everyone at tier 3 all the time. You could easily 4k with nurses calling and hex ruin.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Just for fun; I like to use Monitor & Abuse, Spies from the Shadows, Sloppy Butcher, and Overcharge (good if I didn’t have teachables). I like being able to track my prey.
  • Bayside
    Bayside Member Posts: 40

When I play him, I usually like to make people confused about where I actually am. So I run Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Hex: Ruin, and Overcharge with the addon that makes it so my terror radius is tremendously increased in treatment but tremendously decreased in punishment. You get some interesting results.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Because i'm still waitung for the Update on XBOX. How is Coulrophobiaon the Doc?
    Any experience do far?

• Shaokon
    Shaokon Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    Distressing, Brutal Strength, Overcharge, and Unnerving presence with Calm & Order addons is my build on Doc.  Now that I can kick gens faster and destroy pallets like a boss for some illusionary ones
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Shaokon said:
    Distressing, Brutal Strength, Overcharge, and Unnerving presence with Calm & Order addons is my build on Doc.  Now that I can kick gens faster and destroy pallets like a boss for some illusionary ones

Nice necromancy, there. This thread had been dead for over half a year.

• Trashman
    Trashman Member Posts: 4

My doctor is pretty boring as I originally had him set up for a farming build but later abandoned it. BBQ,Ruin, Thrill of the Hunt, and Distressing. Still usually good for at least a 2k but could be optimized.

• Dark_Whorse
    Dark_Whorse Member Posts: 45

I like to use one build in particular after I get my ego hurt by a SWF, and that's the iridescent chess-piece, electrodes for reach then a combo of Ruin, Distressing, BBQ, and Overcharge.

Just because at that point the fun has stopped and I'm just there to recoup off of the schadenfreude. The extra BPs don't hurt either.