Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why is there no ban for changing the region?

Options
FeryGEN
FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

As I found out last time, changing the region violates the dbd rules, so I began to fulfill my function as a conscientious player who wants to clean the game from scammers and hackers. I wrote reports on 2 players who changed the region to benefit from buying cells, DLC and other things. However, the ban did not follow, having iron arguments and evidence in the form of a video showing a purchase with lira and recognition of a change in region.

There are quite logical questions for moderators, how can I ban a person who has changed the region? In what situations will I not wait for this player to be banned? What do you need to have to ban a player? Recognizing and receiving cells on his account, screenshots of his currency, which was different a day ago, is no longer visible enough

From a screenshot in the official dbd group: Well, send me these moderators (who claim that they are banned for this)

It got to the point that the players do not believe in the ban. I need a full detailed answer, preferably from a moderator. Does it violate the BHVR rules to change the region to get advantages in buying cells if the country is sanctioned and what do I need to have in order to ban such a player? It seems to me that everyone is equal and must abide by these rules, all my submissions were considered, but the ban did not follow.

With all due respect, I ask you to answer in such a way that I can answer something to others in response to the accusations that I'm lying that I'm banned for this

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,485
    Options

Wouldn’t that need to be reported to the platform, as all direct transactions would go over there and not directly in-game? (It’s been too long since I have purchased auric cells so genuinely can’t remember the process)

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,402
    edited February 2023
    Options

Abusing the regional prices is against the Terms of Service, regardless of the platform and should be reported to them.

This is not something that needs to be brought up here though, as we do not apply game bans, you have to contact Support to get more information: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/categories/6713776396180-Dead-by-Daylight

This discussion has been closed.