The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This thread to talk about MMR

In this thread, we would like to explore the problems and solutions regarding MMR.

Comments

• sakuraE
    sakuraE Member Posts: 15

So I think the following are some of the problems.

Assuming that the system had in this game is the widely used Elo rating or similar system, the current problems with MMR are the following two points.

(1) There is a discrepancy between the kill rate and the winning percentage based on the rate system.

(2) Killer and survivor rates are not zero-sum.

I will explain them one at a time.

(1)The principle of Elo Rating is that two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. 

Therefore, if we want to make the killer more deadly, we have to rethink the matching process.

(2) Rate points exchanged between winners and losers are zero-sum, meaning that the total amount of points held by all players does not change.

However, in this game, the game is divided into two roles, and there is no point transfer between the same roles.

Therefore, if the winning percentage is skewed toward one of the two roles, the total amount of one rate and the total amount of the other rate will not be the same, resulting in different average rates and distorted match-making wait times.

Let me know if I say something that's unclear.