Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tools of Torment wasn’t rushed.

2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

the basically pointless power unless you can a 3gen with is boring af to do as killer especially from the get go

Absolutely. I've seen survivors give up and beg for the hook rather than deal with a 3-gen situation. I've also seen killers give up defending a 3-gen and go AFK because they just got so damn bored with it. Both of those are bad, you don't want either side bored out of their skull in your game. And you certainly don't want to design killers that are built for pretty much that exact playstyle and not much else.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

It depends how the 3gen happens, if me and my team mess up and 3gen ourselves then that's on us, though I dont ever condone giving up but maybe that just me. Try till you win/lose imo.

But a killer doing a 3gen from the get go is boring because it stops all the fun and chases that can go on in the trial. But yeah terrible design of a power encouraging a playstyle neither side enjoys.

Like twins, while I'm a survivor main of recent years twins always put me off playing them because to play at a high level you had to slug often and that's not me when I play killer, if they changed it so slugging wasnt as needed by simply making Charlotte gain haste after downing someone with victor at least its abit more viable to go pick them up sorta thing.

Fun is the selling point for both roles, the devs often overlook this on a few killers and now they made a killer which is unfun for both constantly, devs are odd that way lol

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    edited February 2023

I don't know if you can honestly say you are part of the majority when there is no real way to find out what the majority thinks right now when it comes to this chapter. Usually, the ppl who come onto a forum or reddit are those who are really unhappy about something while the happy ppl tend to not even come on here to talk about how happy they are. Without some kinda poll or consensus I don't think you can honestly say you are part of the majority. Reddit and this forum do not represent the whole community as a whole and the only real way to prove what you are saying is by looking at the chapter sales when it comes out. If the chapter sales really poorly and doesn't make as much money as previous chapters then yes then you can claim to be part of the majority but till we know those numbers we really don't know what the majority thinks. All we know is ppl who really hates something tend to be loud about....

Post edited by BlueRose on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333

They can't all be Zingers

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I can say I stand with the majority of the forums. No argument there…

I love your little sideways dig at me at the end. Am I “loud” because I don’t like the killer? Or because I don’t agree with what you think? What aspect of any of my comments make them “loud”? Why aren’t the other comments debating the other side loud? Nothing I said was hateful or unreasonable.

“People like you”, lmao ok kiddo. 😂

• BlueRose
    edited February 2023

No dig at you...just saying ppl who dislike something are loud about it aka talk about it all the time and sometimes drown out the voices of those who do like the chapter. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me and I meant no disrespect. I'm just saying what most ppl already know about internet forums. You are free to continue to complain and voice you're displeased about the chapter. Just know you do not represent the whole community. Have a bless day ^^

P.S. I just edited my post to take out "ppl like you" Hope that is better ^^

• Gummy
    Gummy Member Posts: 25

Her lore is terrible not because she's not a robot/cyborg/tragic but because how am I supposed to take "she kills CEOs and guts their companies and nobody put two and two together" seriously?

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I never claimed to represent the whole of people on here?😂 Why do you people keep saying stuff like that? I simply stated what I think about the chapter, just like everybody else. I never once said “THIS IS MY OPINION AND IT IS THE SUPREME OPINION OF THE FORUM!” what?😂

• BlueRose

"I stand with the majority. Major majority at that. You sir, are in the minority." <--- this makes you sound like that tbh. You may not say it directly but your wording implies it. It sounds like it bc you agree with the majority which makes you right when in reality you only agree with the majority on the forums but not the whole community. The forum is only part of the community. You're right most ppl on the forum don't like the chapter but that doesn't mean everyone in the game community feels the same way as you at the end of the day it really doesn't matter if you part of the majority bc its the majority of a small part of the whole community. Anyway, Im just going to leave it here and say we just have to agree to disagree.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

They could always put out a tome that explains why such as "Entity Cult decided to help her out so the Entity can snatch her away so they get rid of the Cringe Merchant"

Also the whole re-sells their companies is literally from YuGiOh!

"buy out company & ruin it unless they pay it back double the price"

If nothing else then pretend an alternate version of herself made a deal with the Entity to help out inferior versions of herself to increase the amount of survivors/killers in the Realm.