The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Scott Jund Skull Merchant changes before release

Scott Jund just released a video on changes to the Skull Merchant. I ask Behavior to please consider some of the changes. If some of these changes don't happen to this killer I can say I won't want to buy her. Her perks don't interest me and having another Knight like killer already sounds miserable.

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/XtsoIJZ3w0c

Have a good day Behavior.

Comments

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,660

The idea to make survivors oblivious instead of making the killer undetectable is interesting. And while I understand his point about 'things BHVR might actually be able to do in 3 weeks', most of the suggestions are just putting a band aid on mechanics that should be changed/reworked entirely.

I actively disagree with some of his suggestions when combined together, namely the increased drone radius, extra drone(s), and exposed meter never decaying (mostly this last one). There's a difference between 'people will 3 gen with her regardless' and 'let's actively make a 3 gen strategy a guaranteed win if you get good gen spawns'.

Let's take the tamest version of his suggestion: 5 total drones, no increased radius at all, and exposed meter never decays, but increases slower. Now if you camp a 3 gen from the start, you've got each gen covered by a drone, and at least two approach areas covered as well. Survivors can't even get near the 3 gen without telling the killer where they are by either alerting or turning off a drone, and eventually they're guaranteed to be instantly downable in your 3 gen.

This also actively *discourages* placing drones map wide. You want them all together so that when someone gets exposed, which is now inevitable, they're as close to you as possible. Placing a drone across the map gives counter play for the survivor to possibly become exposed when the killer is busy or too far away, which means doing so is 'suboptimal' and no one will ever do it.

And that doesn't even take into account perks or map layout. You get a 3 gen in the corner of the map, like dead Dawg behind gallows for example, and it's trivial to set up a drone perimeter to cover that quadrant. It also becomes impossible to turn off every drone since you can't interact with them if you have a claw trap on.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

This is perfectly put and highlights the broader balance issue here i.e. her power is territorial by design. I can't see how simple number tweaks will make playing her without a 3 gen strat a superior choice.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

I do feel that the buffs were intended to make something other than picking a 3 gen and refusing to leave it viable.

Not that I disagree, people will 3 gen no matter what happens but if I had an option I'd try to do something fun unless it looked like steering people to a 3 gen situation is the only chance I have (I'm not going to bother defending the gen on the other side of the map when there's no other reason to be there, after all).

Honestly the killer should just be scrapped entirely and the next three weeks should be spent fixing bugs, buffing bad perks, and making CoH tolerable.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

King released a video with the changes she already got from the Epic patch.