Chapter Idea: Tomb Raider
My concept for a Tomb Raider chapter based on the 1996 videogame. Sorry for the wall of text, I might update with visuals.
SURVIVOR: LARA CROFT
Just as she was picking up a long-sought relic in a tomb she should've perhaps not been in, a mysterious fog engolfed her. On the bright side, she'll put up a fight in the trials by being the smart and resourceful adventurer she's always been. Unfortunately for her though, her famos dual guns won't do much in the entity's realm. Doesn't mean she'll give them up.
- SMARTER WITH KNOWLEDGE: You know your relics, and you learn how to adapt by studying them. Gain a Token every time you cleanse a Totem. For each token, increase the duration of all aura reading effects by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
- ON YOUR OWN NOW: Usually you'd rather be a lone wolf. You're still willing to help your teammates out, and you'll even give them extra help if it means getting back to working alone. Whenever you perform a Killer Grasp Rescue, the rescued survivor breaks into a 150% sprint of their normal running speed for 2/3/4 seconds. Inflicts the Exhausted status effect on both you and the rescued survivor for 30/20/10 seconds. Ignores the Exhausted status effect.
- ICE QUEEN: You'll weep for the dead, but only when it'll be time to do so. For now, you're focused on surviving, and getting the rest of your team out of the trial. For every sacrificed or dead survivor, gain a token, up to a maximum of 3 tokens. For each token, increase your speed action for healing of all types, recovering, opening chests, cleansing and booning totems and opening exit gates by 10%, for vaulting and repairing by 3% and your base speed by 1%.
KILLER: THE RAPTORS
JURASSIC TERROR: Five Caves spawn on the map from the very beginning of the trial. You start by controlling one raptor, assigned to a cave at random. The raptor's initial speed is 110%. Fill up the Jurassic Terror power gauge at a 1% per second rate by moving. Actions like breaking generators, walls and pallets fill up the power gauge by an extra 10% per instance, while standing still by any means will make it lose progress by a 5% per second rate. Hitting a survivor with a Basic Attack or with Predator Claw will deplete the power gauge by 25%, while missing with either will deplete it by 50%. For each 5% of the power gauge filled, raptors gain a 1% stackable Haste status effect. When the Jurassic Terror power gauge is filled to its maximum, raptors reach a 130% running speed, though this can be modified with add-ons. The power gauge will stay fixed at its maximum value as long as the active raptor doesn't either stop moving (performing actions is excluded) or attack.
SPECIAL ABILITY: THEY MOVE IN PACKS
Whenever the Jurassic Terror power guage is filled up, press and hold the Interaction button to spawn another raptor from a cave that's closest to a Survivor. You will then gain control of the newly spawned raptor, granted with a 30 seconds long Undetectable status effect. The previously controlled raptor will automatically run back to a cave and despawn there, indicating any survivors in a radius of 8 meters around it with Killer Instinct, inflicting them with the Exposed status effect for 20 seconds and injuring them if they make contact. They Move In Packs cannot be triggered even if the Jurassic Terror is filled up as long as the previously controlled raptor hasn't despawned at a cave. Survivors can block caves with debris performing a 5 seconds long animation on them, making any raptor then take 5 seconds to unblock it when spawning at said cave. The Jurassic Terror power gauge fully depletes when triggering They Move In Packs.
SPECIAL ATTACK: PREDATOR CLAW
A secondary attack that can be triggered with the Power button. The raptor will claw the survivor and inflict them with the Blindness and Oblivious status effects for 30 seconds instead of injuring them. Performing a Basic Attack on a Survivor that's been hit by Predator Claw will injure (or down if already injured) them and inflict them with the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effect.
- Not Quite a T-Rex (Brown): Increase the Raptors initial running speed by 2%. This also raises the cap for maximum running speed.
- Primal Tactics (Brown): Increase the detection radius for Raptors returning to a cave by an additional 4 meters.
- Break Your Prey (Brown): Survivors hit by Predator Claw will break the next pallet they vault within 5 seconds.
- Animal of Fear (Brown): Any effect inflicted by Predator Claw will last an extra 10 seconds.
- Maybe a T-Rex (Yellow): Increase the Raptors initial running speed by 4%. This also raises the cap for maximum running speed.
- Hideouts (Yellow): Spawn 1 extra cave in the trial. Survivors take an extra 5 seconds to block caves.
- End Your Prey (Yellow): Survivors hit by Predator Claw will break the next pallet they vault within 10 seconds.
- Carnivore (Yellow): Increase the detection radius for Raptors returning to a cave by an additional 8 meters.
- Faster Hunting (Yellow): Increase the rate at which the power gauge fills up to 1.25% per second.
- Terrific Predator (Green): Increase the duration of the Exposed status effect inflicted by Raptors returning to a cave by an extra 10 seconds.
- Trembling Water (Green): Increase the duration of the Undetectable status effect applied to newly spawned raptors by an extra 10 seconds.
- Animal of Death (Green): Any effect inflicted by Predator Claw will last an extra 20 seconds.
- They Can Go Faster! (Green): Increase the rate at which the power gauge fills up to 1.3% per second. Increase the Raptors initial running speed by 2%. This also raises the cap for maximum running speed.
- Slow Them Down (Purple): Survivors hit by Predator Claw are also inflicted with Incapacitated for 5 seconds.
- They're All Over! (Purple): Spawn 2 extra caves in the trial. Survivors take an extra 10 seconds to block caves.
- Ultimate Predator (Purple): Decrease the time it takes a raptor to unblock a cave when spawning by 50%. Increase the detection radius for Raptors returning to a cave by an extra 8 meters. Increase the speed of Raptors returning to a cave by 5%. Raptors make no sounds when unblocking caves.
- Of the Lost Valley (Iridescent): Increase the duration of the Undetectable status effect applied to newly spawned raptors by an extra 30 seconds. Decrease initial running speed to 105%.
- Out For Her (Iridescent): Generators in a 32 meters radius of any cave where a raptor spawns will explode and start regressing normally. Removes the Undetectable status effect when spawning at caves. Increase the rate at which the power gauge fills up to 1.25% per second. This effect doesn't stack with other add-ons.
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED: You always think one step ahead of your prey. Once per trial, after hooking survivors 5/4/3 times and breaking 6/5/4 generators, pallets or walls this perk activates. While it is active, you move 2% faster and gain the ability to kill any survivor that's been hooked at least once. The perk then deactivates.
- HIDING IN THE RUINS: There's tactics to being a perfect ancient predator looking out from behind the temples. Whenever you're effected by Undetectable, you also make no sounds until you attack. The perk then enters a 40/30/20 seconds cooldown.
- GUARDIAN OF THE DEAD: You have an affinity for everything that's bones. Whenever a totem gets cleansed or blessed, you see the progression intensity of all objectives that are being interacted with in the trial for 5/7/10 seconds.
MAP: THE LOST VALLEY
Something like a jungle-ish map with some verticality presented through ruins, so that it doesn't have to be immense in terms of width.