If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Did you play on Hawkins? Did you actually like it?

Options

Did you actually like Hawkins, or do you just miss it because it’s gone?

Did you play on Hawkins? Did you actually like it? 83 votes

Yes I played on it, I want it back.
72% 60 votes
Yes I played on it, it wasn’t to great
22% 19 votes
No I didn’t play on it, I want it back.
4% 4 votes
No I didn’t play, and I don’t care too much.
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Steve_Big_Harrington
    Options

I played on it twice at a friends house, I didn’t even know what it was at that time, I wish I could have enjoyed it more.😢

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited February 2023
    Options

It was pretty terrible to play on. I am willing to bet the majority of people saying they miss it and want it back are speaking out of a place of nostalgia because, in actual play, the map was pretty terrible and suffered from a lot of problems. Killers that were slower than average played badly on the map because of how some of the loops were. Certain killers that relied on collisions, like bubba and hillbilly were awful on that map. It was pretty much only really good as stealth killers and hag/trapper with all the sneaky trap placements.

For survivor it was okay, there were plenty of strong loops, but it was kind of difficult to find generators and in the current meta I would no doubt think it would be a really strong 3 gen map if a killer say the knight were on it making it pretty miserable to play. So it would not have faired well with the slowdown-gen kicking meta.

When the map initially left it left with a lot of people saying they were glad it was leaving because it was at the time the RPD of maps in dbd.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

As someone who played on it quite a bit on both sides, even without Nostalgia I think it was a fun map

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and layout of the map and imo it was a nice break from all the same tiles you'd see in every other map. There were no jungle gyms, L wall T walls, long walls etc - every tile was unique in a certain way.

Don't get me wrong though, fun =/= well designed. If you want a modern comparison for the issues Hawkins had then midwich is basically like having two hawkins stacked on top of each other. It was horrendous for certain Killers like Huntress.

It had baked in 3 gen scenarios because of the guaranteed generator spawns that would be in the portal room and the drop down rooms. It even had the exit gate problem where the gates basically always favoured killer.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yeah dont get me wrong the map definitely had the best atmosphere out of any map released, but yeah it just sucks how it was designed is what personally just made it one of my least favorite maps. Like I enjoyed playing on swamp and old Haddonfield more than Hawkins because it was one of the worst indoor maps you could get at the time and I also played a lot of billy during Hawkins so I think you can probably guess why it is still a map I really dislike.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I miss the "Underground Lab" aesthetic, but I dont miss actually playing on it. Terrible map design.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options

Aesthetics aside, it was probably my least favorite indoor map to play on.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

I loved the visuals but that's about it. I hated playing on it as killer or survivor

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options

If it were to even come back, it would have to have an RPD treatment where it becomes less claustrophobic.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Most of the time I really enjoyed playing on Hawkins. The visuals were great and I kind of loved how there were no standardized tiles on it... instead it had a ton of weak pallets that you could sometimes combine into a mega tile and I did really like it. As killer it was quite nice that there wasn't much in the way of God windows or pallets. Most tiles felt like you could play them out in your favor.

Except if I was playing as Huntress... then it *sucked*.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options

good looking map, but it was very killer sided (especially those barrel loops)

• edgytumor
    edgytumor Member Posts: 5
    Options

It's a nice map, especially because it was so different. Most of the maps look alike.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2023
    Options

i didn't buy the dlc because i was too broke to afford it. so i'm sad i'll never get to play as the demogorgon.

edit

but i liked the map also. felt very different. had a lot of cool features before silent hill was added that silent hill has now...

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

I kinda miss it but it's more about nostalgia than map being nice to play on

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

It was far from perfect, but it added a lot of variety with its layout.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,268
    Options

Hawkins was great.

Hope we get ST back someday.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

one of the worse maps in the game. Only out done by the first RPD

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
    Options

Imagine Nemesis on Hawkins. Those hallways are so narrow that in most of the map, zombie hits will be guaranteed.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hawkins was super fun. Difficulty-wise was much better than Lery's, for example. I wish it would return. Also I still sceptical about all thouse "palace intrigues" with removing whole chapter and not informing peasants of reasons.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Hawkins was far from perfect but neither are other maps. It had the usual issues indoor maps have, the exit gates were too close, a couple gens were too safe... however maybe it's the nostaliga speaking, or the fact I was probably in low ranks at the time and never had a terrible experience on it, but I only remember loving playing on it. Kinda hoping we'll get it back someday, even if it's reworked I loved the mood of it. Also I'm positive I liked it way more than Lery's at least.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I loved Hawkins. It was a lot of fun. But I love indoor maps. I prefer them to outdoor maps. I had so much fun taking Deathslinger in there. It also made a lot of Myers builds viable.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,856
    Options

The "terrible design" comments tend to come from people who get lost on the map, and who likely also hate Lerys and RPD.

After learning the layouts like the back of my hand, Hawkins, Lerys and RPD are some of my favourite maps.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

it was a good one