Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you could delete one survivor perk and one killer perk which ones are getting booted?

Thought I'd contribute a topic that doesn't involve stabbing each other with word-shivs. For my money, I'd kill Dead Hard and NOED. Noed since the killer does not earn such a powerful effect and DH since every killer is terrified of swinging at an injured person more than they are swinging at a healthy person.

Also not including Eruption since its getting nerfed in the upcoming chapter

What are you picks?

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,636

Dead Hard and Hangman's Trick

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

reassurance and selfcare (yes, i still found people who use it)

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Eh, Franklin's and Residual Manifest

• Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397

Dead Hard + Nowhere to Hide.

Dead Hard still has the same problem it used to, granted its not as bad.

Nowhere to hide makes hiding useless as its name implies.

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

NOED and Sole Survivor.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265
    edited February 2023

lucky break and bamsnoozle

Bamsnoozle devolves gameplay

Lucky break also devolves gamepaly

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Dead hard and NOED

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208

If I had to it's difficult. Playing against I'd like to not to have to see dead hard and devour hope as they're infuriating to lose against and often punish people off luck, however they're perks I enjoy using quite a bit and many others do so it's hard to pick these ones. Survivor I'd have to say prove thy self, out of all the gen speed options it's the least interesting to use and the least conditional imo so having it go and forcing people to use other options that require some more thinking would be good. Killer I'd pick lightborn, although it allows for some funny moments it's mostly a crutch perk that does very little for the person using it, often makes some people dependent on it as they learn to rely on it instead of playing around flashlights, and makes the survivor's item do nothing which isn't fun to play against considering items are a consumed resources.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Boil over because there is no way to ever make it a fun or balanced perk

Deadlock because it’s free slowdown with no risk or prerequisite

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 139

CoH & NOED

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Noed and COH.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Boil over, its just been bad recently.

Corrupt Intervention/dead lock. I like regression better, or a way to block gens that survivors can work around, like DMS, instead of just blocking them because time.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,757
    edited February 2023

On the survivor side, I'm incredibly torn. Either COH because of how much it just invalidates all hit and run playstyles and simply deletes certain killers, or Self-care, because people in solo still using only Self-care deserve the worst and the least I can do is use COH to make it marginally quicker for them to heal up.

Killer side though I think it's NOED. Just because it's incredibly rare now doesn't mean it won't be, and the nerf made changed nothing of the core problems with the perk (and while solo hud Icons are nice, they don't communicate where the totems cleansed actually are, if someone finished cleansing the totem, and they absolutely don't make the players good enough to know what a totem is). Remove an incredibly badly designed, very unhealthy perk that also isn't used that much right now so nobody is too sad about it and just be happy forever.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited February 2023

Noed: You fail to stop the gens and get rewarded with a guarantee kill half the time. This perk treat survivors like Cannon fodder

COH: This perk has destroy splitting pressure and have made body blocking 10× stronger. Injuries are irrelevant

Just thought of some Honorable mention

Territorial imperative: most useless perk ever! only rival by the old buckle up

i like no where to hide so i wouldn't delete it but stealth is no longer viable because of it

no mither........

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

boil over is extra cringey when pair with the flip flop combo. Literally planning the spot to go down at.... pure cheese

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Survivor perk - CoH, just deletes pressure.

Killer perk - Fearmonger, just a nuisance of a perk.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Survivor: Boil Over. It’s not really a good perk per say but it’s extremely annoying to face and a lot of people like to burn maps with insanely good map buildings that you HAVE to drop from a two story height and continuously run up to the top floor. I just hate this perk.

Killer: Uh…nothing bothers me too much since Eruption is getting changed. I guess Franklin’s or Rancor just because they’re super petty perks

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Dead Hard and Deadlock

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605

Dead Hard. I don't know but at least make it so that its not a free "get out of jail card" for not "M1" attacks.

That perks should be a "oh no my buddy needs a body block on hook!" not a "Let's turn most killers into M1 killers lol"

For killers I'd remove [Insert perk that inflicts mangled here].

Useless perks, [whatever]% of nothing is still nothing. Survivors heal instantly nowadays.