Matchmaking - can you make Rank meet same Rank of the player?

I've been going up against high ranking players as a Rank 13 Killer and I do not understand why I get put up against terrible players that enjoys humiliating me in the end. So, is it possible for Rank players to meet the equivalent of the same Rank against the other players? I just think this is needed if a new player gets put up against a high level/ranking Survivors or vice-versa. Above all, I know it is a Asymmetrical-Multiplayer Horror game and it is not meant to be competitive ,although it does not make things enjoyable for someone new to go up against an experienced player that has high tier perks and add-ons.

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    You're likely running into Survive With Friends (aka SWF) groups.
    A high level player can join up with low levels and mess up match making by ending up going against people of lower rank.
    Heck, sometomes they don't even need to group with lower levels to end up against low rank killers.

These people generally get off on tormenting killers, and playing big brother to the lower rank survivors they run with.
  • Ashkan
    Ashkan Member Posts: 26

@Lodosslight said:
    I've been going up against high ranking players as a Rank 13 Killer and I do not understand why I get put up against terrible players that enjoys humiliating me in the end. So, is it possible for Rank players to meet the equivalent of the same Rank against the other players? I just think this is needed if a new player gets put up against a high level/ranking Survivors or vice-versa. Above all, I know it is a Asymmetrical-Multiplayer Horror game and it is not meant to be competitive ,although it does not make things enjoyable for someone new to go up against an experienced player that has high tier perks and add-ons.

if you join a game with another survivor that you/him invited each other , the killer rank that you will face is mostly based on you and your friend's ranking so if your friend has a rank of 6 and you are at 17 , it's likely that the killer will be at ~14.
    and another point is to know "when you are matchmaking". sometimes there are not enough online players to join a lobby or not enough killers hosting a game. so the question is : "limitations would be still more important or that you could play ?"re important or this that you can play ?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

SWF have sucha big advantage anyway that they should verse a killer of the same rank as the highest SWF rank.

And evne that doesnt balance voice comms

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

I see, thank you all for your response and I do not mean to complain or make a big deal. So, I'll try to play this game with a person/friend as the same rank as me.