We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

I hope the upcoming TCM game is going to be a serious competitor for DBD

Options
FMG15
FMG15 Member Posts: 456

The last chapter and the upcoming chapter are disasters and the community is very unhappy. Knight is a killer that has a power that promotes holding 3 gens, the same goes for the skull merchant. Both are boring to play as and against. And this is a huge problem for DBD. If they keep pumping out bad chapters this game is going to die soon. Unless they have planned an actual banger for the upcoming anniversary event I don't have much hope that this game is going to be around for long anymore. So my hopes are that the TCM game is going to be very popular and a serious competitor for DBD. I hope that this will force BHVR to make good chapters so they can keep being the most popular asymmetrical horror game.

"But TCM isn't like DBD? Stop comparing those games."

That is true and it is also true with the other asymmetrical games. I hear that counter-argument very often when someone brings up the argument in this post. But that counter-argument is missing the point. We all shouldn't forget that despite the games not being the same, they have the same target audience. So if VHS would be successful, they are still going to be a competitor to DBD. Same goes to Evil Dead: The Game and of course the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game. And I am starting to think more and more that the only way DBD can keep itself alive is by having a competitor that puts them under pressure. Though I am also going to be realistic and acknowledge the fact that the game is only based on one license so it might be tough for them.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,176
    Options

It would definitely be good and healthy for DbD to get more (friendly) competition in this genre.

personally I am not too interested in that TCM game as I don’t think a single license game offers that much variety and all. also this specific license is kinda.. eh.

• The_Scarlet_Witch
    The_Scarlet_Witch Member Posts: 209
    Options

It will be a competitor due to the new mechanics it introduces to the genre, 3v4. Hopefully this realisation of competition and loss of the player base will wake them up.

Plus the gameplay looks insane

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,035
    Options

Im hoping it forces devs to add 2 killer mode vs 6 or 8 survivors on dbd.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Competition is good. Also the more assym horror games the better - I want options other than DBD to play on console. I personally like variety and I hope DBD fans that play them don't expect a DBD 2.0 and instead just enjoy playing a game different from DBD. I am excited for the new assym horror coming out on console and I hope they're all successful.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2023
    Options

it wont. already looks bad and repetitive. firstly it's 3v4. secondly it's the same map every time (basically). thirdly the gameplay loop is evil dead style.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2023
    Options

Just about everything you've written in this thread has already been repeated and regurgitated by others in the past who's made the same type of threads every single time a new potential dbd competitor comes along.

Like all those other asym dbd competitor games that people make out to be dbd's fated replacement or rival, TCM will not make a difference to the majority of dbd's playerbase numbers and the game will continue on as always because people will still continue to play and dump money into this game despite the occassional less popular chapters that comes every now and then.