The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will you be buying The Skull Merchant on 7th March?

2»

Comments

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

Not with actual money. I'll buy the characters with shards, but that's it.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 694

Nope

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I liked using her power in the beta. I've always wanted a killer with pure tracking potential, and the drones are a cool concept for doing that. Granted, I do think she needs buffs and changes in certain areas.

For example, I think the exposed function on her drones promotes unfun antiloop gameplay for the other side, and I feel like they could have a different function instead. This could possibly be maybe commanding a drone to travel to a different area while it continues scanning around its path, or tasering a survivor to temporarily prevent them from doing an objective action for a little bit if spotted within the range of the drone so that it can stall survivors from afar. Something useful for better tracking or stalling in her drone rather than being used as an antiloop tool.

However, I do not know yet if I will be getting this dlc or the new Stellaris dlc that comes out around the same time.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I plan on waiting to see how The Skull Merchant plays (through content creator videos) before deciding whether to purchase the DLC, but I am leaning toward not buying it right now. 

A lot of good changes are coming at release to make the killer feel better to play, but at the same time, the change that allows survivors with claw traps to deactivate drones is very concerning to me. Admittedly, it may not play out how I imagine (which is why I'm looking forward to watching others play The Skull Merchant). Still, I can't help but feel that this change makes her much worse overall and will lead to one player removing all her drones, leaving her with effectively no power except the possibility of tracking one potentially exposed survivor. 

Overall, I'm striving to stay open-minded about the killer, and if she looks fun to play and seems viable enough, I will get the DLC. However, that one change regarding the claw traps left me very concerned and caused me to be more skeptical about getting it right at release. 

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Absolutely not.

Putting aside how underwhelming that chapter is, I've lost the drive to play. I launch the game once every few weeks then I go back doing stuff I like better.

Last time getting Garden of pain five times the same night, then, the next day, as my first map did it.

A month before it was the now absolute necessity to tunnel (if you want to win) or to be tunneled (obviously).

Getting so many cheaters is not helping.

I still browse the forums to check for some good news (Steamdeck compatibility, finally some serious server-side validation, removal of the auto-miss, removal of the map offerings, ...)

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288

Nope. Gonna spend my shards on perks in the shrine I already own for bp. Killer looks so dumb I’d rather have the Bp >_>

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Most likely. I'm definitely getting the survivors but I may wait a bit to get her.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

Yes

And I love these topics cause people normally make them to make fun of the chapter expecting a lot of "no no no no" and instead a lot of people saying they will. LOL

Many YouTubers and streamers doing this poll "will you buy the next killer?", "do you even wanna watch me play the next killer?", "do you even care about the next chapter?", "should I even make videos about the next chapter?"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I won't play survivor at all that week so I don't have to face Natasha from Apex. Roll on chapter 28 👍

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I will but with shards and after I get the other Killers (Dredge and Knight)

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited March 2023

If she had gotten a full power rework and not just complete and utter "whatever" buffs, then I might have

As it stands, I'm probably going to be drinking hard enough to forget the complete waste of potential that Skull Merchant is

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Yes. I get every new killer and survivor. It also helps this one can be purchased with shards.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Im forced to since im an achievement hunter, but unless she gets some changes, its unlikely ill play her much after, if at all.