Hear me out.

Options

You know those addons on killers which give some kind of "tutorial" for them? The Chipped Monocle for the Blight, Plaid Flannel for the Nurse, etc...

Why not make them basekit, and have there be an option to turn it off? There's no need to have it be an addon. There's hardly any risk or benefit to use it in the first place.

Comments

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

I'm sorry but if they were turned on by default Nurse use would skyrocket from the skill floor dropping.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

They're already common addons, it's not like they're rare or iridescent

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

Nurse would be just as hard to play as she is now, giving her a common add-on isn't going to change that.

• Technature
    Options

Knowing the exact location you're going to be at the end of a teleport doesn't make it easier to play her?

Are ya sure about that?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,911
    Options

pinhead can see where he opens his gateway and pinhead is not OP. it helps beginner player who are visual based. I think it would help nurses that just started playing nurse while experienced nurses would turn off/not use it.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

It would also mean that Nurse players don't have to give up an addon slot, or waste their Plaid Flannel addons, when a map is released/reworked to find the unblinkable spots.

• Technature
    edited March 2023
    Options

I can't believe I have to point this out, but Pinhead and Nurse are two completely different playstyles.

Pinhead isn't OP because even with the information of exactly where he's going to shoot his chain because his power ######### sucks.

Knowing where you're going to be as Nurse is the difference between hitting a survivor and angrily stabbing a wall.

Nurse is incredibly strong. She needs to have SOMETHING that makes her harder to use to compensate.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

why are we buffing nurse?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,911
    Options

why? you will eventually go past the artificial skill-floor of the killer and reap the benefits of the strength of the killer. Its little bad if a new player is intimidated in playing nurse because the mechanic is not intuitive for the player to begin learning.

Ideally, characters should have low skill-floors(easy to pick up) and big skill-ceilings(difficult to master). This is the perfect formula for video games because it makes the player invest time in the game which raises odds for the player to sink $$$ in the game.

On side note, Pinhead's chain balance is bad hence his skill-ceiling is hampered by bad balance. that is not good. suppose a new dbd is a hellraiser fan buys the chapter, they realize the killer sucks. do you think they'll continue to invest time into playing pinhead or playing dbd? They'll think the game is scam and just quit dbd. Not a good business model IMO.

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 277
    Options

I think part of the charm of plating Nurse is learning to play as her, and the fun in playing against her is mind guessing with her, so I would say no. If there was a way to make new nurses play with it for a few games, similar to how new player get tips of the killer they're going to play against, I would accept it.

Regarding Pinhead, while I think he has room for imporvement, he is fun to play as, and I think if a new player got attracted to the game because of it, either he would like the game and keep playing anyway or stop playing either way. Besides, Pinhead can be pretty overwhelming for survivors in low MMR.

• Technature
    Options

"Its little bad if a new player is intimidated in playing nurse because the mechanic is not intuitive for the player to begin learning."

This is why there's an Add-On to help you get used to her. Once you feel comfortable with that you can start trying without it.

Look, if this was a perfect game, every killer would be fun to play as and against and would have a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling.

But the game is managed by BHVR and, to be frank, even if the game WAS perfect there would still be people complaining how awful and imbalanced the game is.