How is the new ranking system going?

Hi guys.
I was thinking about the road map of this year and i realize that there is something left.
The new system of ladder that they talked about and there is no information about it.
Long ago they said it would be done in a couple of months, this is not a complain, its almost the inverse, the 3 year of dead by daylight is almost over, and must be really close his arrive.
In the other hand im asking if someone knows something about it and how its will look, if i missed anything from dev stream or whatever. :)

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Probably won't see leaderboards or anything until dedicated servers are out.

Then they can take allot more stats per match to make it more accurate.

I personally hope they never put in leaderboards though.. or the tryhards are gonna ruin the game.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    TheBean said:

I personally hope they never put in leaderboards though.. or the tryhards are gonna ruin the game.

This game def doesn't need Leaderboards.  I would like a profile stat page though, would love to keep track of how many Kills/Escapes I have.  Usage % of the Characters, the stats on how many times I sacrificed each Survivor and whatever else could be tracked :P.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    TheBean said:

We need tryhards. Because they would show the balance flaws. 
  • BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

@TheBean said:

If this game does not give any reason to be competitive, I can assure you that it has no future, it needs to reward the effort of the players for trying to improve or raise the rank, otherwise it will never increase its fan base, it would stall for sure

• BlackReaper

@Nikkiwhat said:
    TheBean said:

This game def doesn't need Leaderboards.  I would like a profile stat page though, would love to keep track of how many Kills/Escapes I have.  Usage % of the Characters, the stats on how many times I sacrificed each Survivor and whatever else could be tracked :P.

If a ranking system is not introduced, people who disconnect will never stop, even if there would be people who disconnected but would be much less, I think that as long as the rewards are interesting and valuable.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    I would like some stats. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheBean said:

Leaderboards have been promised for this year. But then its BHVR, so ya never know..... :wink:

• BlackReaper

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    I would like some stats. 

Me too 8-) , have your own profile where you can find your current rank, the last season rank, the escapes, the heals, the kills, the engines repaired, you know, the whole stats, even some achievement with that stats, and of course, some people giving his best to rank up, i think it would be a wholesome game in that way. :)

• BlackReaper

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

Leaderboards have been promised for this year. But then its BHVR, so ya never know..... :wink:

It have to be around the corner

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I'd love some lederbord and stats for each character and overall so I can track my bubba masks
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

@Nikkiwhat said:
    TheBean said:

If a ranking system is not introduced, people who disconnect will never stop, even if there would be people who disconnected but would be much less, I think that as long as the rewards are interesting and valuable.

I know it's well intended, but I'm gonna be blunt with you...nothing short of bans will stop or deteer people from intentionally disconnecting.  Even then, people often find workarounds. The people who do so, don't care about Rank or even rewards