Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wesker, Wesker, Wesker

2»

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

This is similar to dead hard from the killer perspective. There are plenty of times a survivors is about to vault, and i use my power as wesker, and they vault the pallet, but i bump into it, even though i should have definitely gotten them, i feel like in those cases i should at least be able to vault behind them. I would imagine its a latency issue.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328
    edited March 2023

IDK about the vaulting instead of grabbing, but I think that this is more of a Wesker issue than a latency problem. I've never had a killer grab me after the vaulting animation or been able to do so myself whilst playing killer. I reckon it has to do with his powers, where one cancels the other out, e.g. you vaulting instead of grabbing and so on.

Edit: maybe this can be tested with Legion, considering their powers are quite similar to Wesker's 🤔

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,435

I personally don't have an issue with him or his power so I'm fine with him staying as is. But I see him *alot* and it can get tedious. I remember when he got released, I LOVED his chase music. Now I hate it lmao

• Reinami
    edited March 2023

No, you have it backwards. Like, i know a survivor is vaulting a window, because their item disappears, i rush at them, and i SHOULD hit them, but then for some reason i don't but i just bounce off the window and nothing happens. I don't hit them, i don't vault, nothing. If they were mid vault, such that i couldn't vault, it should be a hit, if they successfully vaulted, then they should be out of the animation so i should vault after them. But like i said i think it is a latency thing.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618

1st of all he isn't a combination of those 2 killers: he can't ignore pallets and windows like nurse can and he can't slide with his dashes on objects (not to mention that he has only 2 tokens unlike the 5 that blight has). Said this he doesn't need any kind of nerfs

• Phantom_

I don't. I was mentioning a different example, when you decided to throw in your own anecdote about your experience with Wesker and what goes wrong for YOU. In your case it might very well be latency. In that which I was initially speaking of has nothing to do with latency :) Also I understood your point you don't need to keep regurgitating it, when you clearly haven't understood mine. So stop responding to me and wasting both of our times.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618

Did you ever played with him? if you say this then it's probably a no... try to play with him aganist decent people, then we can talk again

• Reinami

You mentioned that "him grabbing your through the vaulting animation" and talking about that. My point was, on his side of things, he probably only grabbed you partway through the animation. The example i gave is an example where it works the other way. And i'm saying the both are likely related to latency issues or just networking/server issues.

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 269

Grabbing choice is related to some fixing from the past few months.

In August, his newly launch, if anyone play him heavily, they will remember about the M2 at loop windows.

100% of the time, during the vault animation, Wesker will have tentacle hit survivor at the back, never a grab.

This is for the first month.

For the many in last 3 months, I have played as him alot and you will always get a grab animation at vaulting widows, pallets and such. This is with 40ms btw. So, its not ping issue but a change choice of grabbing or hit at the back which the dev coded it.

Now you will see that tentacle hit only during endurance hit to survivor.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Ping only tells you latency to the server, not other players' latency.

• Phantom_

First off, I'm sorry for my moody reply, I should refrain from replying when I haven't had my morning coffee 😅.

To your point, that may be, but I've had several instances, where a survivor is mid-vault animation and Wesker is just starting to do his dash. The vault animation was done and he was mid-dash, when the survivor was about to run away is when it suddenly goes to him having grabbed the survivor. I think it has to do with his power.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

To be fair if i was in a room with 2 skeletons and a crazy supersoldier i would also desperatly and probably fruitlessly shoot him.

In game he's fine. The only issue he has is how often you see him and that's something you fix by buffing other killers to also become viable like him. Not by nerfing him.

Nerfing is something you do for things that are actually problematic, buffing is the way to promote viarity

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Just throwing this out there, but there is a counter to killers with a strong chase mechanic. It's not getting chased at all. Sometimes I think survivors forget that stealth is an option

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640

I understand that facing the same killer can be annoying sometimes. I totally get it, cause there are killers that do bug me sometimes. But I think Wesker is super fun to play as and go against. I also have to say that he’s pretty balance for the most part. I mean yeah he may have some bugs here or there that still need fixing. I just think Wesker is fine and doesn’t need any nerfs.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

There’s no entitlement on the survivor side, it’s just that going down only because the game felt bad for the other side is BS. Feeling like you deserve a down just because the chase has been going on for too long is peak killer main entitlement, the killer should know when to stop chase and pressure gens. If you need bloodlust 3 + the 8% slowdown from wesker’s power to get a down I’m sorry but get good.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Right, if you've been chasing someone so long the infection has kicked in, you're already doing terribly. We agree on this.

At which point, it doesn't matter. The Survivor got a huge amount of time out of the chase. That's a good result! The idea of an asymmetric game literally breaks if you assume that an infinite 1v1 should be possible.

And if the Hinder effect only comes in after so long it's a throw to not pursue someone else, then it doesn't need nerfing. Because the potential of being stuck with it by ignoring the infection to do gens is why it works as a slowdown.

• yauniqua
    yauniqua Member Posts: 151

Now you might as well put Wesker in a semi truck cuz that's how big his hitbox is.

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2023

Wesker has incredible skill cap, you need to be really fast to actually catch good survivors with power, rebound gives you like 1sec of time to hit with second bound until survivor hides behind random texture.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Wesker is one of favourites to play vs as survivor. And he's the only killer I currently play because he's strong and very fun.

The only thing I wish BHVR would change about Wesker is the -8% speed when fully infected. I'd like it to be removed completely, although tweaking the speed value to e.g., -4% would be better than nothing. It makes tunneling too easy and chases against fully infected survivors feel too easy. I think the instadown potential is enough.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,639

I think wesker is severely overrated. He's clunky and buggy and none of his add-ons are particularly impressive. He's very map dependant too. I suggest trying him for yourself, he's not as consistent or as good as the community sentiment would have you believe.