If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Would Susie be Better as a Survivor?

Options
Mad_Dash67
Mad_Dash67 Member Posts: 7
Out of all the characters in the Legion, Susie stand out to me. It seemed like she was only in the Legion because of Julie. My theory is that she doesn’t have many friends because of her shy and naive nature and she mainly followed Julie because Julie wasn’t just her best friend. She was her only friend. She might’ve enjoyed the mischief and thrills with the Legion, but when they were killing that man she wasn’t quick to join in. We can see she still has a moral compass and she also technically didn’t kill anyone. The knife was in her hand, but it was forced by Frank.

So that got me thinking: Would the story be more interesting if Susie was a survivor?

Say in an alternate timeline, when the Legion killed the man and took the body to the resort, Susie became overcome with guilt and threatened to go to the police. In order to keep her quiet, Frank decides that the best course of action is to kill her. He convinces Julie and Joe that it’s the only way and now Susie has to flee from them as they try to keep her from talking.
I think this alternate story would be more fitting with the theme of the chapter. Darkness Among Us; a girl risking her life to do the right thing. The people she once called friends hunting her down for what she believes in.

Comments

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited December 2018
    Options

NOPE! Susie works excellent as a killer ... she fits several tropes, trust me. I wont get into them because going into cross genre and sub genres seem to trigger people on these forums. However the "innocent killer" or "cute killer" does exist in other horror media. I would even go so far to say that Susie is probably the most dangerous; because if you look at her attire, choice of weapon, etc .. she is the most creative out of the lot. Her Mask and her weapon looks like it was made in an arts and crafts class. THATS AWESOME. I could easily see her turning on the Legion if it didn't fit her personal ideals. If you do some digging around you can find some very popular "cute girl slashers" in mainstream media ... Susie fulfills this role.

Still a "what if" of Susie flipping to the good guys side, does seem like a good story ... However I LOVE her as a Killer, I could see both Susie and Huntress getting along just fine under certain circumstances.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I would like to add that even though Susie may seem like the nice girl, I am fairly sure they stated somewhere (during a live stream or something) that she is indeed evil, presumably because of Frank's influence. She is too far gone to turn sides.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited December 2018
    Options

I actually like the idea of Susie slowly being overcome by guilt in the entities realm since hurting others is against her nature. She eventually breaks and switches her alliance to the survivors. I like the possible conflict of her trying to earn the trust of the other survivors, since they, understandably, would be cautious of her. I also like the possible story that could arise with her facing her former friends in the matches. I think it could create a very cool story with multiple sides making it up (the survivors' wariness of her, her friends' varying reactions to her betrayal, and her own inner struggle.) Just my opinion, but I like to think of Susie as someone who's good at heart and hates the role she's forced to fill.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Nope. She wears green, and purple. The colors of comicbook villains.
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited December 2018
    Options

I’d love to see Susie as a survivor as well, but not exclusively as a survivor. I think the second post here summarized it rather perfectly. I think playing a survivor who has a killer form could be a tragic element added to the game, and I’d rather them be a killer first before made into a survivor. It solidifies to an extent what path they will more likely follow down