So what is so good about Balanced Landing?

Could anyone explain why you'd rather run this perk over lithe and adrendaline? 
1. You are surrounded by objects to vault over in which you can use lithe and even dance with me to get away.

2. You cant always find a place to drop off of in crucial moments.

I'm curious as to what everyone is going to say. Could anyone steer my reasoning and maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Answers

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I really like how it removes a lot of the landing lag on drops.

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Two words: extra benefit
  • BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    It opens up more opportunity in the map.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Opens up extra loops, good for gaining distance, u can waste a lot of time making a killer walk to ur dropdown and even works when exhaustion effect happens. Strongest exhaustion perk in the game. Second is Sprint Burst. Third is Lithe/Dead hard joint.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    As someone that loves Lithe, I'm often not surrounded by places to use it. Most jungle gyms utterly lack them.

Balanced landing is more situational but most any drop will activate it.
    I.e. hills.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Balanced landing creates new loops.
    Lithe is the worst exhaustion perk by far. Why? Because as a survivor u want to loop the killer 3-4 times and then go to another loop. Lithe kinda forces you to go somewhere else after vaulting.
  • Poweas

@Vietfox said:
    Lithe is the worst exhaustion perk by far. Why? Because as a survivor u want to loop the killer 3-4 times and then go to another loop. Lithe kinda forces you to go somewhere else after vaulting.

That's what makes it decent. It's not the worst though, it's JOINT worst with Dead hard. The only reason people think Dead hard is good is because it saves you from messing up but tbh against a competent killer it's worthless, Sprint Burst and Balanced Landing have no counterplay though. It goes like this:
    1. Balanced landing
    2. Sprint Burst
    3. Dead hard/Lithe.

• Vietfox

@Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

That's what makes it decent. It's not the worst though, it's JOINT worst with Dead hard. The only reason people think Dead hard is good is because it saves you from messing up but tbh against a competent killer it's worthless, Sprint Burst and Balanced Landing have no counterplay though. It goes like this:
    1. Balanced landing
    2. Sprint Burst
    3. Dead hard/Lithe.

Yeah i don't like Dead Hard either, i think i've used it only once or twice. Doesn't suit my playstyle at all.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018

@Poweas SB/BL have counterplay in some situations. Huntress and Nurse specifically can beat them by predicting your path. Billy can chainsaw sprint and not let go when he gets close if he expects it. Clown and Doc can inflict exhaustion on you (Huntress too).

I'd also rank DH as number 2, because even though it can be countered by simply waiting as killer, there are some times where there is no counter, such as if they run through a pallet or to a window. Then you almost have to swing and let them dodge it with DH or else they gain distance and keep the DH.

SB/Lithe would be the worst only because their only real use is to avoid the chase or break the chase respectively, both of which won't really work against a good killer. Only time it would is if you gain enough distance that the killer CHOOSES to break the chase. Also Lithe with DWM is quite powerful, so I would say SB is now the worst exhaustion perk. Good for beginners but ultimately useless against good killers.

• Poweas

@thesuicidefox said:
    @Poweas SB/BL have counterplay in some situations. Huntress and Nurse specifically can beat them by predicting your path. Billy can chainsaw sprint and not let go when he gets close if he expects it. Clown and Doc can inflict exhaustion on you (Huntress too).

I'd also rank DH as number 2, because even though it can be countered by simply waiting as killer, there are some times where there is no counter, such as if they run through a pallet or to a window. Then you almost have to swing and let them dodge it with DH or else they gain distance and keep the DH.

SB/Lithe would be the worst only because their only real use is to avoid the chase or break the chase respectively, both of which won't really work against a good killer. Only time it would is if you gain enough distance that the killer CHOOSES to break the chase. Also Lithe with DWM is quite powerful, so I would say SB is now the worst exhaustion perk. Good for beginners but ultimately useless against good killers.

Nope I still think dead hard is bad sorry.

• junkevil
    junkevil Member Posts: 25

@Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

1. Balanced landing
    2. Sprint Burst
    3. Dead hard/Lithe.

DH is great in some situations though, like when the killer is at the top of the basement stairs and you DH past them as they swing. It's hilarious every time. The speed boost is weak, but that immunity is strong. I've had DH work wonders for me in the past and seen killers get super upset over it, which makes it even more amusing. BL isn't nearly as good for mining salt, but it's definitely a safer perk.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Dead Hard is definitely the worst exhaustion perk. Compared to others, unless in a very situational occasion, you get no distance from the killer, and even then, it will only work once before the killer realises you have it, and then its a wasted perk slot. Not only that, but people expect you to have it. So when you have it, its also useless. And, finally, even if you bait the killer into swinging, a well timed lunge (which is almost every lunge) can negate it.

If I had to rank them. I would say:
    1. Balanced Landing
    2. Either Sprint Burst or Lithe (SB limits you on how often you can run, which potentially wastes your time, but at the same time it counters a large amount of killer powers)
    3. Dead Hard

• Poweas

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

1. Balanced landing
    2. Sprint Burst
    3. Dead hard/Lithe.

DH is great in some situations though, like when the killer is at the top of the basement stairs and you DH past them as they swing. It's hilarious every time. The speed boost is weak, but that immunity is strong. I've had DH work wonders for me in the past and seen killers get super upset over it, which makes it even more amusing. BL isn't nearly as good for mining salt, but it's definitely a safer perk.

A competent killer will never fall for it though, I would since I realy don't care about remembering what my survivors think.

• Poweas

@PigNRun said:
    Dead Hard is definitely the worst exhaustion perk. Compared to others, unless in a very situational occasion, you get no distance from the killer, and even then, it will only work once before the killer realises you have it, and then its a wasted perk slot. Not only that, but people expect you to have it. So when you have it, its also useless. And, finally, even if you bait the killer into swinging, a well timed lunge (which is almost every lunge) can negate it.

If I had to rank them. I would say:
    1. Balanced Landing
    2. Either Sprint Burst or Lithe (SB limits you on how often you can run, which potentially wastes your time, but at the same time it counters a large amount of killer powers)
    3. Dead Hard

Smart.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Denson381 said:
    1. You are surrounded by objects to vault over in which you can use lithe and even dance with me to get away.

1. You cant always find a place to drop off of in crucial moments.

I'm curious as to what everyone is going to say. Could anyone steer my reasoning and maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Balanced landing is only good if you have map knowledge. While sprint burst and lithe are activated at the beignning of the chase, balanced landing can extend the chase since you can decide when to use it (with map knowledge)

• GodDamn_Angela

I already posted but I'm going to post again.

I literally cannot play Survivor now without Balanced Landing (or Urban Evasion). Sure, a few maps make it useless but most of the time I get great use out of it. When I don't have it I just feel like something is... off.

Pointless addition: Without Urban Evasion I basically want to kill myself because of how slow the crouch speed is.

• Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32

I literally cannot play Survivor now without Balanced Landing (or Urban Evasion). Sure, a few maps make it useless but most of the time I get great use out of it. When I don't have it I just feel like something is... off.

Pointless addition: Without Urban Evasion I basically want to kill myself because of how slow the crouch speed is.

LMAO I love that pointless addition. I completely agreed. Once you test out urban evasion, there is no going back.
  • thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Balanced I agree.

If you understand line of sight then Urban becomes a wasted slot. Learn to walk and use something else. The only time I'll ever sorta wish I had Urban is against Hag. It's honestly a crutch for some players, and they never learn how to actually avoid the killer.

• GodDamn_Angela

@thesuicidefox said:

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Balanced I agree.

If you understand line of sight then Urban becomes a wasted slot. Learn to walk and use something else. The only time I'll ever sorta wish I had Urban is against Hag. It's honestly a crutch for some players, and they never learn how to actually avoid the killer.

Lol. Rude much?

I know how to walk, and I do it quite often in game. However, I like Urban and if its a wasted slot then I honestly don't care. I like it, and it's my choice if I use it or not. :p

• thesuicidefox

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Balanced I agree.

Lol. Rude much?

I know how to walk, and I do it quite often in game. However, I like Urban and if its a wasted slot then I honestly don't care. I like it, and it's my choice if I use it or not. :p

Not saying to insult you. I'm just making a statement that you do the same thing with walking as you can with UE. Only in a few instances is UE of value, one being against Hag. It's good against slow killers, but if you are injured you might as well not even have it. If you want to play stealthy Iron Will is really all you need.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

@GodDamn_Angela said:

I also used to think I couldn't play without UE. Then I became one of those survivors that don't care about stealth. XD

• junkevil

@Poweas said:

A competent killer will never fall for it though, I would since I realy don't care about remembering what my survivors think.

I'm at rank 1 and I've made 2 killers quit already just tonight. I feel like "Competent" killers shouldn't chase the same person for 5 gens and 2 gates. But there they are, at rank 1.

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

I'm at rank 1 and I've made 2 killers quit already just tonight. I feel like "Competent" killers shouldn't chase the same person for 5 gens and 2 gates. But there they are, at rank 1.

There's a lot of baby killers at rank 1 who shouldn't be there. You're not facing 'Competent killers' you're facing people who don't deserve to be there. Its why I stay at rank 6-8 as survivor and rank 5-7 as killer.

• junkevil

@Poweas said:
    There's a lot of baby killers at rank 1 who shouldn't be there. You're not facing 'Competent killers' you're facing people who don't deserve to be there. Its why I stay at rank 6-8 as survivor and rank 5-7 as killer.

So, let me get this right, you're saying you stay at lower ranks to face more "competent" opponents, and that Dead Hard is a garbage perk that doesn't work against "good" killers.

I feel like you're a killer main just having a laugh at this point and that the next thing you're going to tell me is that doing gens is completely pointless. Oh, or maybe that hook saves are always futile because no good player would ever get on a hook in the first place, so why bother saving garbage teammates, right? Please, enlighten me more with your wisdoms.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

Sometimes I like doing a no brain killer to improve my self, especially on Huntress.

If the guy is strong enough to loop me etc, then I take it as a good challenge and Im gonna work on improving my shots, I don't care if everyone escape ^^ (yes, huntress on PS4 is rough)

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

So, let me get this right, you're saying you stay at lower ranks to face more "competent" opponents, and that Dead Hard is a garbage perk that doesn't work against "good" killers.

I feel like you're a killer main just having a laugh at this point and that the next thing you're going to tell me is that doing gens is completely pointless. Oh, or maybe that hook saves are always futile because no good player would ever get on a hook in the first place, so why bother saving garbage teammates, right? Please, enlighten me more with your wisdoms.

Oh that's cute you're trying to twist my words. Firstly, I'm not a killer main I play a lot more survivor and some killer. I just rank up faster as killer because it's easy to double pip as my main (Spirit). Secondly, I never said that lower ranks face more competent killers, I said that you're not facing them in your examples. There's a lot of competent killers at rank 1 and some that aren't. You're facing the ones that aren't and you're only mentioning them. I never said dead hard won't work against good killers. I said it will but I forgot to mention it only works ONCE. You are obviously twisting my words. So you haven't got this 'right' you've got it all wrong, son. I'm pretty sure you're one of those players who shouldn't be in rank 1. I shouldn't be in rank 5-6 (as both sides) myself. I should be rank 10. You sound like you should be rank 15 or 16. You're definitely a new player too if you think that everyone who thinks Dead hard is considered bad by killer mains. You're acting like an entitled survivor main. I'm sure you aren't but you're acting like one.

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018

@Poweas said:

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

I rarely play against a rank 1 killer that is incompetent. There have been a few more this patch because Legion is easy to get boosted, but most rank 1/2 killers on Xbox are really good. And most rank 1 survivors are good too. Purple ranked players aren't usually very good, they just run all the OP stuff with SWF all the time. When I face 4 purple ranks they sweat like crazy but suck at doing gens or getting chased. When I face 4 rank 1 survs, they just play super optimally and don't always run the best stuff. And purple rank killers tend to camp or tunnel a lot, or use mori's every game, or generally just play really sweaty and lame, like they haven't gotten a single kill in 10 games. Red rank killers will body you and play fair the whole time, like they don't care because they know they will probably kill you.

Red rank survivors/killers are more challenging. Purple rank survivors/killers are more annoying.

• Poweas

@thesuicidefox said:

@Poweas said:

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

I rarely play against a rank 1 killer that is incompetent. There have been a few more this patch because Legion is easy to get boosted, but most rank 1/2 killers on Xbox are really good. And most rank 1 survivors are good too. Purple ranked players aren't usually very good, they just run all the OP stuff with SWF all the time. When I face 4 purple ranks they sweat like crazy but suck at doing gens or getting chased. When I face 4 rank 1 survs, they just play super optimally and don't always run the best stuff. And purple rank killers tend to camp or tunnel a lot, or use mori's every game, or generally just play really sweaty and lame, like they haven't gotten a single kill in 10 games. Red rank killers will body you and play fair the whole time, like they don't care because they know they will probably kill you.

Red rank survivors/killers are more challenging. Purple rank survivors/killers are more annoying.

It's really only PS4 and PC where theres people who shouldn't be in rank 1, even True admits theres a lot on PC. On Xbox, I agree theres very few.

• Vietfox

@Poweas said:

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

@thesuicidefox
    Sometimes i face incompetent rank 1 killers but there's a clow main out there in PS4 who is a beast. That guy pressures me more than the average Billy and i always forget to check his name.
    I'll find you Clown main, you are so good 😭
  • Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32
    Vietfox said:

@Poweas said:

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

@thesuicidefox
    Sometimes i face incompetent rank 1 killers but there's a clow main out there in PS4 who is a beast. That guy pressures me more than the average Billy and i always forget to check his name.
    Yo I think I know which clown you are talking about. I'm rank 4 and I've faced some clown that is amazing on ps4. Everytime I attempt to stun him with a pallet the dude always knows how to get around it or even prevent it from falling. 
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Denson381 said:
    Vietfox said:

@Poweas said:

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

@thesuicidefox
    Yo I think I know which clown you are talking about. I'm rank 4 and I've faced some clown that is amazing on ps4. Everytime I attempt to stun him with a pallet the dude always knows how to get around it or even prevent it from falling. 
    @Denson381
    With a ludicrous amazing aim?
    Edit: yeah i faced him on red ranks as well.
  • junkevil

@Poweas said:

Oh that's cute you're trying to twist my words. Firstly, I'm not a killer main I play a lot more survivor and some killer. I just rank up faster as killer because it's easy to double pip as my main (Spirit). Secondly, I never said that lower ranks face more competent killers, I said that you're not facing them in your examples. There's a lot of competent killers at rank 1 and some that aren't. You're facing the ones that aren't and you're only mentioning them. I never said dead hard won't work against good killers. I said it will but I forgot to mention it only works ONCE. You are obviously twisting my words. So you haven't got this 'right' you've got it all wrong, son. I'm pretty sure you're one of those players who shouldn't be in rank 1. I shouldn't be in rank 5-6 (as both sides) myself. I should be rank 10. You sound like you should be rank 15 or 16. You're definitely a new player too if you think that everyone who thinks Dead hard is considered bad by killer mains. You're acting like an entitled survivor main. I'm sure you aren't but you're acting like one.

I've hit rank 1 pretty much every season since launch, and had legacy prestige 3 on multiple characters until my save file was lost. I do have the achievements with the right dates to prove that, if you have doubts. It's nice of you to say that I sound like a rank 15 survivor though, I used to really love going back there every rank reset before they changed how resets work.

Also, I'm not twisting your words at all. You decided to go on about how bad DH is compared to every other exhaustion perk, but it's actually awesome. You also don't seem to realize that rank 1 survivors don't actually even need exhaustion perks. In fact, multiple killers have add ons that cause exhaustion, negating DH and other exhaustion perks entirely. Huntress, Freddy, and Doctor, for instance. What do you do when your BL doesn't proc? Get hooked? Good plan, I guess. Saying that I haven't played against good killers is laughable as well. I've played against Marth88 multiple times and won most of the time. I know he's not the best killer, but he is sort of the darling killer of the killer community.

Further, to say DH only works once shows that you lack a basic understanding of the perk. It still comes in handy to reach the next vault/pallet safely after the killer knows you have it, and if you're going to that vault/pallet even the best killers will swing in the hopes of ending the chase before the vault. You can use that knowledge to fake the vault and hit DH. It's a simple mindgame, which you'd understand if you were a decent survivor or killer. DH is really good, but it requires an understanding of the perk, excellent timing, and situational awareness.

Finally, if you run a certain killer for 'teh ez double pips,' then you're clearly not rank 1. There are no pips at rank 1 and there haven't been for some time now. Double pipping at rank 1 is just a feelsbadman moment because it's literally meaningless.

• Poweas

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:

I've hit rank 1 pretty much every season since launch, and had legacy prestige 3 on multiple characters until my save file was lost. I do have the achievements with the right dates to prove that, if you have doubts. It's nice of you to say that I sound like a rank 15 survivor though, I used to really love going back there every rank reset before they changed how resets work.

Also, I'm not twisting your words at all. You decided to go on about how bad DH is compared to every other exhaustion perk, but it's actually awesome. You also don't seem to realize that rank 1 survivors don't actually even need exhaustion perks. In fact, multiple killers have add ons that cause exhaustion, negating DH and other exhaustion perks entirely. Huntress, Freddy, and Doctor, for instance. What do you do when your BL doesn't proc? Get hooked? Good plan, I guess. Saying that I haven't played against good killers is laughable as well. I've played against Marth88 multiple times and won most of the time. I know he's not the best killer, but he is sort of the darling killer of the killer community.

Further, to say DH only works once shows that you lack a basic understanding of the perk. It still comes in handy to reach the next vault/pallet safely after the killer knows you have it, and if you're going to that vault/pallet even the best killers will swing in the hopes of ending the chase before the vault. You can use that knowledge to fake the vault and hit DH. It's a simple mindgame, which you'd understand if you were a decent survivor or killer. DH is really good, but it requires an understanding of the perk, excellent timing, and situational awareness.

Finally, if you run a certain killer for 'teh ez double pips,' then you're clearly not rank 1. There are no pips at rank 1 and there haven't been for some time now. Double pipping at rank 1 is just a feelsbadman moment because it's literally meaningless.

Why are you still going on about this? #########. Let me make this simple. Dead hard does work in those situations you mentioned i.e getting to a vault and yes you're right about that my bad. Also if balanced landing doesn't give the Sprint burst, it still works pretty well believe me. On maps like the Asylum, it's really good for looping with/without balanced. I am rank 1 as killer and survivor right now but I just wanted the achievement :P so I played a ######### ton of Nurse (had 1 awesome game where I made a mental comeback). From now on on, I'm going back to playing for fun though rather then in a competitive way.

I don't consider Dead hard strong compared to Exhaustion perks like SB and Balanced landing because SB negates almost every killers power (including Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Wraith and Clown because the slow gets countered) and Balanced opens up so much loops for you. Problem is that DH doesn't feel as reliable as SB or Balanced for me. I play without self care now and I should be running balanced since I spend about 60% of my game injured, doing gens but it's not reliable enough.

Idk though you're probably right, I've forgot about the fact it can help you reach stuff but in my opinion, I think it's not as versatile as SB or balanced. If they go through with the 2.5.0 patch, I'm going to probably stop using any exhaustion perk anyway so I don't care much about which is strongest anymore.

• junkevil
    edited January 2019

@Poweas said:
    Why are you still going on about this?

I hadn't been around over the holidays because of family, so this isn't a necro or anything. But, your last post insinuated that I was new to the game and hadn't hit rank 1, so I had to make a post about my cheevs, as is custom when talking to dbd players on a forum.

So, what killer do you main?

Post edited by junkevil on
  • Poweas

@junkevil said:

@Poweas said:
    Why are you still going on about this?

I hadn't been around over the holidays because of family, so this isn't a necro or anything. But, your last post insinuated that I was new to the game and hadn't hit rank 1, so I had to make a post about my cheevs, as is custom when talking to dbd players on a forum.

So, what killer do you main?

That's a nice change, I main Spirit and Hag.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Denson381 said:

1. You cant always find a place to drop off of in crucial moments.

Well if you read every other perk name THIS perk is the only one that's balanced. 8-)