Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This game has a serious problem

2»

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Ok so.... maybe adjusting progression and regression would help this just a little bit

Cause giving Survivors 1.0-2.1 charges per second (1-3 survivors on a Gen cause 1 is being chased) plus perks, toolboxes and hitting great skillchecks

And Killers having .25 charges per second and 2.5% plus perks

Doing the math would be hard for me right now... but the point still stands

• Desteriaa
    Desteriaa Member Posts: 118

Yeah maybe it was a but childish of me to say that they were bad but being tunneled every game is annoying.

Now that I have read these comments I’m kinda understand why tunneling and camping are the best strategies right now but it just seems lazy and stale in my opinion because the gen slow down in this meta are really good for slowing the game down…

I just find saying that survivors finishes gens to quickly as justification and is really just an excuse because killers tunnel regardless which is annoying and I have every right to feel that way especially since it’s every game its boring & repetitive.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,582

I understand how you feel. Being tunneled can really feel bad, especially when it happens almost every game.

The problem is that the game is not balanced around fun right now. As a killer I don't want to run gen regress every single game. But I will lose even to survivors that don't play super well because they will play as if I played quadro slow down Nurse. And that's exactly what killers do as well.

The current regression perks work best in a 3 gen because you need to keep the gen regressing to really get value out of them. That is partially why some killers will drag out games for an eternity. Pop was different because it removed a bunch of progress at once and allowed the killer to leave the area immediately.

Sadly the current balancing and decisions by BHVR do not really support the fun aspect of the game.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

tldr you can't shame people into playing the way you want. This is something for the devs to fix by making it so that both sides can have fun at the same time. As is, right now, either one side is having fun or the other is, not both.

That was kind of satire, but I am quite annoyed at the number of survivors I get who disconnect, go AFK (in a locker, with three birds, and the killer ignores them), or crouch around the edges of the map waiting for the hatch from the moment the match starts. This is a regular problem for me: my teammates are not actually participating in the game. It sucks. The killer either can't find the other survivors because they're hiding in bushes not on gens, or they ignore the survivors because they're not a threat because they're not working on gens. It's not fun hiding in corners doing nothing, and it's not fun to run the killer around for a long period of time with no gens even being touched. The HUD makes it so that it's not even a question anymore: I know they're not on gens. Unless I also hide in a corner waiting for the hatch, there is no possibility of escape.

Those aren't all my matches, of course, but they are a ridiculously large number of my matches.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

You clearly never played at high MMR as it seems if you think those killers are bad. Is it unfun to play like that? Yeah for sure, but have you thought about why competitive Dbd players are playing the way they're playing? Because it's the most effective way to play this game. Tunneling an easy target while not sacrifing too many gens is the best strategy. Camping someone out if you can afford to lose (unimportant) gens is effective. Slugging at the right time is effective if you can put pressure and time-wasting on other survs (getting free hits). Good killers will continue doing this if they think it's necessary to win the game. I mean, will survivors stop doing gens because i have trouble downing them? Will they not open the exit gates because i don't have much hook stages yet? Will they not break a 3-gen because that would ruin my strategy as a setup killer?

Do i say "if you have to break a 3-gen at the start you're just bad and need to get better"? Or "if you have to split up on gens..." or "if you have to take hits for each other..." . You understand now?

...but hey, have fun trying to 12-hook a 4man swf with multiple thousand hours with Wraith or Trapper :D

• solidhex

well there is no definitive win condition as far as i know, so everyone can play how they want. I sometimes don't care for kills and just go for chases/ hook stages, if i get 8 stages but 3 people escape i still feel like the winner because e.g. 8 stages with Trapper on a ######### map is good. Hook stages is also the win measure in most competitive dbd tourneys. But yeah, i think most players will say that a 4k is winning, wether it's by one hooking survs or 3-hooking...

• solidhex
    edited March 2023

for me the balance even felt better 1 year ago because perks like old Pop and Ruin kinda balanced the faster gen speeds, for me at least. It doesn't feel like they take longer at all because survivors adjusted and gen regression perks are worse now, with CoB being the only real staple.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Exactly. Plus without reduction of the grind at least sometimes survivors interacted with chests.

Currently, you earn much more items, so chests arent interesting.