This chapter is abysmally bad

Options

You know you’ve made a horrible killer when people are more excited for eruption incapacitated removal.

have seen 2 skull merchants out of about 20 games and both have just tried to 3 gen off the bat.

After the really FUN and INTERACTIVE killer that was knight, I was praying we would get a good chapter next run and of course that didn’t happen.

Seriously the skull merchant looks like a complete goofball, her appearance and animations are just insanely cringe and that mask looks stupid. The lore takes the crown for the worst ever written in dbd, “inspired by her fathers manga” like what? Did you even try?

How are you guys genuinely not embarrassed? This is some seriously low effort. Hopefully the anniversary won’t completely whiff off in the wrong direction because I’m already more keen for it than this “chapter”. Dead on arrival isn’t even possible when there was no alive to begin with.

But of course, in true bhvr fashion, we will get absolutely 0 word or statement about everyone’s feedback on there awful awful recent work.

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

What do you expect them to say we’re sorry and rework the entire killer? Listen this chapter is awful but there a business there not going to push anything back.

To show that this was bad don’t buy it.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

Did you try to come up with some actual criticisms, or...

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Is her 3 gen really that strong? Or are those just assumptions? I get that her 3 gen is probably one of the stronger ones, but I feel like her 3 gen shouldn't be as strong as that of Knight for example. And this 3 gen problem is arguably more a problem of the game itself than her design.

I haven't been 3 genning too much and still have had good results with her, though I do agree that she will probably still need some more buffs.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

It is. You put 3 drones at the 3 gens over and over. They have to hack it or they get exhausted. Easy defending while getting feeded.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited March 2023
    Options

I only faced one SM today.

She hard tunnel and small area camp for the most part. She used her drones to extend her camp range.

The community seems to hate this, but I don't see it as all bad.

I don't want to play as her but, It seems okay to play against.

That new map though. #########, they added an unreachable area to the little smoke filled hut where you can't see.

Why would they do this?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

We’ve seen worse. I feel a lot of people have forgotten how tragic the Binding of Kin chapter was. I certainly haven’t forgot.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

That's normal though for a new killer. Every time a new killer comes out, there's plenty of tunnelling and camping in the first couple weeks or so. Because people don't know how to play the killer but still want to win. Wesker was so bad for it because he was so popular, it was game after game of Wesker just tunnelling and camping. I don't see that now that most people have learned him.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Damn her chase music, it’s my only hitch from truly enjoying her. I like/tolerate everything else but her chase music was a huge swing and a miss for me. I hear it was stolen off Hag, no wonder nobody plays her lol~

• philward1953
    philward1953 Member Posts: 208
    Options

"She tunneled and camped but I don't see this as that bad"

🤨

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

I can see that. I think her zone control approach is different from the knight(The other heavy user), so maybe something fun will develop. Not to say that what I played against today was so bad.

I do not see it as all that bad.

She is supposed to try to win, she used her tools as she understood them to play for a win. Appreciated stuff.

She also left some room to consider alternate perk load outs as counters.

This game has to have more it than to loop well know walls to waste 45 seconds.

• yauniqua
    yauniqua Member Posts: 151
    Options

I am not interested in this at all. Since this chapter's announcement, I've played less and less knowing the nonsense this chapter (aesthetics & gameplay) would bring.

First Kris Jenner match, she 3 gen'd...lol.

• skylustv
    skylustv Member Posts: 220
    Options

I wish this chapter never existed, everything its so bad, I wish that this chapter was the first time ever we're not getting killer/surv but instead of this balancing the game and fixing problems that we have: rework of useless perks, buff all weak m1 killers, nerf op killer addons, balance the game in general, maybe a new map for some killer who doesn't have it).

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

Guy would fit right in at BHVR. One guy is quoted as saying on video 'Insidious bubba is pretty neat actually'.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,263
    Options

it's not strong it's just all she can do with his kit to actually win. Plague is the real queen of the 3 gen and knight is the king

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,718
    Options

I played one Skull Merchant today who actually did interesting things with her power - threw up a lot of drones in chase to try and expose, liberally used Undetectable for a spooky pseudo-stealth approach.

The rest of them just hard 3-genned. And they did far better than the Skull Merchant who was trying to have fun. They were pretty unfailingly frustrating games of attrition that just involved the same loop of hack a drone, touch the gen for eight seconds, she comes back, chases you off, sets another drone.

She'd be a bad addition to the roster even if her visual design was more fitting and her lore wasn't a colossal mess.

• ad19970
    Options

Meh I still think that is more a problem of the game itself and not a problem with her. She does have to walk to each gen herself again and again, while other survivors are already getting rid of her drones elsewhere. Now that survivors with claw traps can also hack drones, I am not convinced quite yet her 3 gen is that terrible.

But as I sad, I do think this is more a problem with the game than anything else. For example, Call of Brine and Overcharge shouldn't stack, and some maps also are pretty badly designed.

• ad19970
    Options

Yeah that's what i thought.

Now maybe all the survivor teams I have been facing weren't that good, but I have been having good results with her without locking down a 3 gen from the start. I do feel like people are underestemating her potential.