We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Escaping

Eleghost
Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

Does anyone actually escape anymore? I have around 3k hours and recently came back a month or so ago and the matches seem to almost always go the same now, whether i play survivor or killer, that being no one escapes or if they do it is extremely rare.

In around maybe 30-40 matches as survivor this past week i have escaped a total of 4 times, 2 of those times being because the killer was messing around.

When i play killer it's generally the same, even against the sweat squads unless i'm playing a m1 killer on the game or something like that.

Comments

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Solo queue is rough, particularly with how off matchmaking is. You'll get thrown in with clueless teammates, killers that wipe everyone at 4-5 gens, or both. You'd think there would be some in-trial boost to help balance out the difference in rankings when that happens. At least a small action speed buff, minor heal-over-time buff, hit/swing recovery buff, reduction to stun/blind timers, reduction in number of pallets/windows, pallets reset after enough time has passed, etc. Something.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,129
    edited March 2023

Clearly less than before. I noticed it with Archive-Challenges, Challenges where I have to escape or have to do things in Endgame are much harder, because I dont reach Endgame as often anymore.

But it is not as bad that I would say that I "never" escape.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061

my win rate in solo q is about 45% and my kill rate is around 75 to 80% so I'm definitely in agreement with you. I'm way more skill with survivor yet it really doesn't seem to matter most of the time. Honestly solo q just never feel fair. Thank god for swf

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 598

I'm 100% solo & record / collect stats on all my games.

Started again with the new solo queue hub.

Playing all survivors in rotation only using adept perks my escape rate is currently about 45% after 6 games with every survivor (including 2 just released)

Overall survivor survival is over 50%

Will have time to go through all the videos soon & start posting more stats on a whole host of things

For comparison though playing my standard build (kindred, coh, bond & dark sense *which I will be dropping for another intel perk*) my escape rate is 72%

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

I either solo or duo as Survivor and my escape rate is ~30-35%. On a typical night I can play 10 games and escape 3 or 4 times basically.

As Killer I play mostly Billy & Hag and don't get less than 2 kills per game unless I'm trying dumb techs with Billy.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

My own survival rate is pretty low. However, we often make it to end game and get someone out and I'm mostly the person who will run at the camping Bubba with noed to try and get that Meg (it's always Megs for some reason) off the hook. I feel like the HUD helps a lot. For example I know that my team mates are almost done on gens so I don't have to greed any pallets. Or I can try and break a potential 3-gen way before it happens.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Depends on killer and teammates. And ofc my mistakes.

One teammate not being productive can cost you a game against someone who tries to win.

Then you have games you can't really win in solo q even with good teammates if killers bring maps with "strats" and has some experience.

Killer can also be rough especially if you play weaker ones. Go against coordinated team and you won't be able to get downs quick enough to win. Then you get tbagged at the gates because why not lol.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 598

My Meg thanks you for your sacrifices!

Though to be fair if I ever listened to my kids screaming just leave when I open a gate then go back for someone my own escape rate would be far higher too!

I've always played the team game as survivor so my individual escape % doesn't mean as much as the teams to me personally. (Most of the time)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

As survivor almost never (except RPD, where I put super "tryhard mode" that even hands are shaking, because of achievement, plus it's the only map where everything is in the same place). As a killer I meet very hard teams and some of them sometimes escape, but it's very rare. So survivors escapes ratio correlate with killers wins.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Yh i find me and my team don't get gens finished very often. Most of my escapes tend to be hatch or the odd farming game.

It's one of the things I kind of dislike about dbd. Matches are always very onesided, either gens get finished quick and 4/3 escape. Or gens don't get finished and survs get shredded with maybe one slipping out via hatch. Reckon survs should get a buff when first surv dies if there's 3 or more gens left.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

simply bad matchmaking = miss matches

if you play soloq you'll get a lot of bad players in your lobby, but if you think to yourself then i'll just play killer then you'll get swf troops who don't feel like playing solo q (understandable) i give f about dbd! let's talk about other games, what good players like to team up with bad ones? so if you want to have fun and almost always want to escape then just play swf, where you bring people who are also experienced into your lobby (specially created matchmaking) and you can start destroying the killers

bhvr says with the bad decisions and actions "play swf or die in the solo q! if you spit killer then you meet swf troops like yours" fair and fun, I assume that most experienced players have turned their backs on dbd or play swf, which is why you will be matched with bad ones, btw I have 9k hrs and play almost no dbd anymore, currently took a break of almost 3 weeks and feel good :D just play other games, e.g. csgo, the matchmaking is not perfect (it doesn't have to be in any game) but a global player plays with his peers and not randomly with silver and gold players xD

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,253

I have been suggesting some catch up mechanics for the longest time, but a lot of peeps here don't like it, ie "why should I be punished for playing well?" .. or even more telling, "why should they be rewarded for losing?" But do people love stompy matches that much, that they can't see the wisdom of a catchup mechanic for the side that had fallen behind? And what is hatch, if not the biggest catch up mechanic, not only there to give a game a quick closing, but also holding high the hope of the losing side?

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 654

Hmm... When the new MAJ where Killer got massively buff... I got the same feeling when I play survivor... Not anymore

I got rarely strong killer main, sometimes, bad one, a lot of camper or cheater... And I generally lose against Good, cheater and Skull Merchant... And sometimes, against the camper one when I'M the hooked one

But yes, now, you need a better skill on the survivor side for looping or doing gen for escaping

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239

I never escape 😮‍💨

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918
    edited March 2023

If I play solo queue with consideration for the other survivors it’s around 30%. If I play solo queue only thinking about my own escape it’s around 60%. If I play with my SWF it’s around 75%. As killer I 3K around 80%, and 4K maybe 40%. The only killer games I ever have with less than 2K are because I let them all go.