Blood Rush can be a good perk for survivor and a nice add to the meta... if we buff Renewal.

Options
notJustDante
notJustDante Member Posts: 96
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

When I saw the new perk, I immediately thought about making a combo with Renewal to have a sort of "anti-tunnel" build, and if you put it in theory, this combo can be very strong while also taking some skill to pull it off.

Scenario:

You get unhooked from your second hook, and the killer is a very dedicated Nemesis main that decides to run in your direction immediately after hearing the unhook notification (not that this attitude has anything to do with being a Nemesis main). You have Renewal, Sprint Burst, and Blood Rush (not including Off The Record in this combo even though you could, because I just want to talk about the Renewal + Blood Rush potential). Renewal is active, you are already in the process of being healed by the perk. You know the killer is coming for you so you use your Sprint Burst to get some distance, giving you some more chance to get healed. You survive those 20 seconds and now you are fully healed, but the very dedicated Nemesis main has not changed their mind and still wants to tunnel you. Since you are fully healed, you can use Blood Rush when you feel the need to, and you are a decent survivor so you make good use of it, and the killer gets severely punished for committing to you.

This sounds like a really good survivor could make really decent use of it, right? You throw Off the Record on the mix and you even have some safety in case you make a mistake. There's one problem: Renewal's activation conditions suck. You have to heal the equivalent of one health state to activate it, and sometimes that can be either hard or inefficient. Want to double-heal your teammate to be more efficient? Renewal doesn't activate. Healing someone in a solo queue match and, right at the end, someone showed up to complete the last 10% of the heal? Man, sucks to be you. Claudette was self-healing in the corner of the map and you try to offer to heal them? Well in that case you are probably not the one being tunneled but still, it really, really sucks.

There would be no efficient way to abuse Renewal if the condition was just to complete a healing action, there would be no problem with that. A small buff can make this cool build have some potential in the meta as a build that rewards skill.

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

The worst part is... getting hit immediately after being unhooked takes away value from Renewal and Off the Record, and Blood Rush only works if you get the chance to heal. All 3 perks are countered by tunneling. 🤷‍♂️

Off the Record protects you, sure, but so does the basekit endurance after unhook, so OTR did nothing in that regard. Hope you can break line of sight and the killer sucks at tracking blood because that's all that OTR has left.

If the killer doesn't down you in time, Renewal will only heal you from deep wounds to injured. Even if they leave you shortly after, there's not enough time to mend before it activates.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,324
    Options

Should Renewal activate upon being unhooked to death hook, like how Blood Rush only works when you're on death hook?

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96
    Options

I think that's a solid solution too, but you know how many people would complain about that. I think BHVR would prefer to not make another free anti-tunnel perk, even if something like this would be okay since it can be countered.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,324
    Options

Imagine running it with Deliverance. Unhook yourself on first hook, heal yourself on second hook.

I wish Renewal was still called Second Wind, it'd be a much more fitting name.