The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Game - Release Date Reveal

Options

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,076
    Options

I am so excited for this. Can't wait to play it and be able to play either side with friends. Bummed can't play as grandpa but atleast you get to interact with him.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 4,999
    Options

I'm just glad it's on Game Pass. I already got burned by The Evil Dead Game so being able to play this "for free" will be nice. Don't have to risk money on it.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 489
    Options

Our boy Bubba and Co finally bring some true fear into people's hearts.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,133
    Options

im exited for this one

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,105
    Options

I am so utterly not excited about this.. I want to be but.. ugh…

why did they have to choose TCM and not any other franchise? 🫠 or make it original but with TCM licensed stuff

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,493
    Options

I'm so worried about the balance of this game beyond the novelty of the experience.

Imagine a new SoloQ player vs a group of Killers on Discord, my God.

• Mooks
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hm. I guess preferably something like DbD, original with potential for multiple licenses.

if it has to be like Friday 13th or this game.. I would prefer Scream or Halloween. Or even Nightmare on Elm Street (original, not reboot) - multiple locations, survivors etc.

Post edited by Mooks on
  • Mooks
    edited March 2023
    Options

Wait, forget what I wrote before.

Scream Queens asymm horror game, with every character having a killer version and survivor version available

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,948
    Options

I won’t play with unless I can gaze into Bubbi Bois eyes while he facecamps me.

• bm33
    Options

I was already excited, watching this past weekends technical test increased that excitement. August can't come soon enough, it's going to be a long summer waiting. So curious about the skill trees for each character and the characters/map they didn't include. Both sides look wicked fun.

• Phyrqc
    Phyrqc Member Posts: 77
    Options

Family really doesn't look very fun, ngl. Feels like roleplaying as a janitor for grandaddy.

• bm33
    Options

Family requires the players to do their roles during set up (like turning on electric grids and adding extra locks to doors) and working as a team rather than trying to take victims on 1v1. If you're not doing that then you're going to have a bad time.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,122
    Options

Same 😁 I played the tech test for 24.4 hrs lol, i got addicted.

• bm33
    Options

I'm jealous, I'm on console so couldn't play it. Husband and I don't watch streams together but we watched steams for this together on our TV because they were so fun to watch. We're really looking forward to being able to play both sides together.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

its look so nice, If I had known that it was so fun, I would have signed up for a beta key :( sadge but well, if it comes out and perk, leveling, etc. is made in (grinding) then I would definitely switch to TCM, only cs2 and TCM (instead of dbd) dbd is then dead for me :D why play a game that has no matchmaking although it is very important that if you are an experienced better player you will be matched with others who are about your level because no matter how good you are and you play perfectly, you know you lose, in TCM it doesn't matter how bad your mates are, you don't need them! :D if you're good you will escape, there are voice rooms, not like bhvr puts a lot of things in which requires communication ( swf) but bhvr does not offer voice rooms

I'm definitely very surprised by it, the other versions of killer vs survivor were uninteresting and boring (I haven't tried one) but TCM has convinced me very much, looks very fun, only the content is missing (perks, leveling, etc.)

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,020
    Options

My worry is that there are too many killers compared to amount of survivors. I would like for example 2 killers vs 5 survivors then you can kill often more than two. But when it's 3vs4 you can only kill about one...

• OrangeBear
    Options

I liked how 3v4 worked. It's not like each killer has the same amount of kill potential, they all have different roles. Bubba is the one who usually got the most kills, followed by hitchkiker, cook was mostly a support character who double locked doors and could find survivors to call out to the other members.

Also there was a lot of variety in kill distribution, some of the exits close automatically which allows for the match to keep going even after one escapes.

I really do feel like the design they have is pretty solid. Also the game isn't necessarily balanced around 50% kills either, i don't think it was designed with anything like that in mind.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,243
    Options

Streams are looking good.

But i am not sure about the lasting appeal. They have to make some different stuff or it will get a bit boring i think.

Like Evil Dead - looks good but has the same problem.

• OrangeBear
    Options

I agree that longevity of the game is a concern because they are limited in new content possibilities. Apparently though there is leaked content that suggests there is more original content coming other than Sissy and Johnny so that is exciting.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,224
    Options

I played the tech test for this game the past few days. It was so much fun I was sad when the tech test ended and just found myself wanting to play more of it. The game feels very satisfying playing as the victim/survivor. You feel the sense of urgency to escape from start to finish. The overall atmosphere of the game is incredible and I can't wait to experience the full game. I'm glad its only 2 months away because this is definitely a game I will be buying and playing a lot of.

• bm33
    Options

Wes Keltner has said that Kim Henkel (writer of TCM) basically has a catalogue of characters that wasn't used in the movies that they can add to the game. The two additional killers at launch, Sissy and Johnny, are two of those characters. There's also another map and survivor for launch. So there's definitely content available.

The tech test also was only a portion of the content because the focus was on testing the servers not the content. There's perks, attributes, and skill trees we haven't seen.