The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why isn't there non ranked quick play?

Why doesn't this game have quick play?

A game mode where you don't move up in rank but you just get randomly grouped with randoms. No SWFs, no hidden MMR. Just get thrown into a match with a bunch of randos and have fun.

If you want to try hard and make IRI 1 and get your bloodpoints, play the ranked mode against SWFs and the META.

There needs to be a game mode for people who want to have fun and a mode for people that want to sweat. I don't understand why this isn't a thing.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

A non ranked mode would only make sense if there was a ranked mode, but DBD does not have a ranked mode. Most games with a quick play system still have an mmr system to try to create fair games for "casual" modes. Ultimately you'll never escape the meta as people still try hard in casual modes in other games.

• sweetjumps
    sweetjumps Member Posts: 19

How about we dont called it "Ranked" we just call it normal play.

But, theres quickplay mode. No SWF, No MMR, no pipping. Just Quickplay for 5 random people who want to have fun or to practice a new build because lets be honest, the bots suck and dont act like real people.

• Crowman

And people will 100% queue intending to run strong stuff for people "just trying to have fun". MMR and stuff got added, because the old system of ranks and emblems caused uneven skill level and people didn't like that.

• sweetjumps

Ok, so since you're against having another game mode.

How would this overall negatively impact the game to add a quick play mode other than people complaining about imbalance in a game that was made to be imbalanced.

I personally think people would flock to this mode to try new builds and to just have fun with not having to worry about losing any hidden MMR, losing PIPs or having to go against a bully squad in the few minutes a day you get to play this game.

Take away all progression tied to this mode and guarantee people would still flock to this mode to play.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Yep and you would still have sweaty killers to bully the survivors that juat wanna "try stuff out" and bully squads doing the same thing to killers so why bother.

• Crowman

You want a mode that gives no bloodpoints and no pips. That's Kill Your Friends/Customs.

The Hidden MMR means nothing. Worrying about losing MMR is pointless as the entire point is for the game to have something to match people based on. You can't show off your mmr to other people so losing/gaining MMR does not matter.

Even if this game mode exists, there's nothing stopping bully squads queueing up in it and matching with you.

• sweetjumps

No, its not Custom Matches. Custom matches do not put you against 4 random people.

I didn't say I wanted a mode that gives no bloodpoints, I'm saying even if it didnt people would still play it. Nothing gained, nothing lost, cant argue with that.

With the new survivor UI survivors get more than enough information to work together without having to SWF and everyone is on the same page.

And yes, this would help at discouraging bully squad game play because its pulling 4 random survivors that probably all have their own personal objectives rather than the team collective objective to bully the killer.

Hell, just call it Practice Mode but you get to play with real people instead of the lifeless bots.

• Crowman

You said "no progression". Bloodpoints are a form of progression.

• sweetjumps

yes, I said "Take away all progression tied to this mode and guarantee people would still flock to this mode to play."

meaning, regardless on if this mode gave progression or not, people would still play it.