Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The survivor entitlement is insane

13»

Comments

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 418
    edited March 2023

Can we stop doom posting a Us Vs Them post every 5 god damn minutes?

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

The time when you could enjoy Freddy. No slowdown for placing slowdowns, some better addons (even if they were boring), Perk-Synergy...

Now everything is gone.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,529

Yes, it is.

Nerfing everything is a good thing. Things got way to powerful on both sides over the time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Nah, i don´t think so (and sorry for answering so late).

I see survivors repairing while injured in almost every match. If there is a progressed gen nearby and the hud indicates that someone is getting chased, that i guarantee you, that survivors will first finish the gen before healing.

• Tsulan

Usage rate of the other exhaustion perks was... well... low. Like, i can´t remember that i´ve seen a different exhaustion perk than DH, Adrenaline, SB or Lithe. When there are more.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

Of course they're low, when they have to compete with Dead Hard. Personally I prefer Lithe and Balanced Landing, but I'd also use Overcome if I had it.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

I don't even play survivor and even I know these changes will not go through from dead hard to healing. BHVR will not risk upsetting the survivors like that but the killer nerfs will most definitely survive.

No way dead hard received the nerf it truly deserves and no way healing is effectively nerfed to prevent instant heals. I'm almost certain the killer nerfs will either stay as is or be increased because... F$$k killers.

• Tsulan

Remember that time right after 6.1.0? Where everyone was convinced that DH was trash and people tested other builds? I saw all kinds of exhaustion perks back then. The other, lesser used perks needed a buff more than DH the nerf.

We went from one extreme to the next. Maybe its a better idea to meet in the middle. Nerf DH a little and buff the other exhaustion perks at the same time.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Yes but they just overnerfed everything call of brian and overcharge could be left with 150% regression so they would still be useful but not overly oppressive in 3 gen situation and they could just remove the synergy stacking with each other. Pain res could be just changed you have to hook different survivor each time to it work. Overall I think gens should been increased to 100s as that woulf bit nerf gen rush swf:s.

Altruistic healing should left to be 16s only med kits and coh needed nerf which were overnerfed as well. Dead hard needed nerf but instead it could activate after being unhooked so you could still go after unhooker now it's not worth it to go after someone with 3 health state instead just one. Overall dead hard should get few other nerf itself while you activate it you should not be able to drop pallet or vault a window for few secs. This would give it to more fair counterplay.

For hillbilly nerfs I don't know what to say. Blight and nurse will be OP after this update and especially the first has most broken add ons in the game and they were left untouched.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

im going to steal someone else analogy to explain this. lets stay your stuck in a cave and you got to fight 500 killer turtles to get out and you do then you go into the next part of the cave and you have to fight 490 killer turtles and someone turn's and says hey its the easiest its ever been. just because its easier then it was doesn't make it easy.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,279

I agree they went heavy on the nerfs. The self healing should probably stay at 24 seconds and the medkit nerfs should stay, but altruistic healing should be back to 16 seconds. NO ONE in their right mind should use self care anyways as a perk. Medkits are still powerful so 24 seconds is fine for a selfheal.

Recovering at the ground is also nerfed which is really bad and should be back to normal. It takes way too long to recover from slug now.

Brine... well lets just say how it is that perk got destroyed. It is useless now. Same with overcharge. Same with scrouge. IF they do decide to go back on the healing nerfs they need to go back on these perks nerfs as well. This is what im personally little scared. They will undo the survivor nerfs but leave the massive killer perk nerfs in completely destroying the balance again.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I'm loving that all the "reviews" are basically

Good changes: The things that don't nerf me

Bad changes: Anything that may change how I must play.

I hope all 50 of those survivors quit. I also love the people saying "THE COMMUNITY" when what they mean is "survivor players."

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301

Bad analogy. Seriously. Stop trying to make it sound like killer isn't laughably easy to play 99% of the time now. You can faceroll to 4k most games it's a joke.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

Survivors were babied for years while killers got used to being abused. As a result, if survivors get nerfed, even if killers are getting nerfed in the same update, then survivors will act like babies. Remember that it took 2.5 years to rework Decisive Strike, which originally simply let you escape from the killers' grasp simply for hitting a skillcheck with no counterplay on the killers' end. Do you think killers would be allowed to keep that perk for 2.5 years? Closest thing they had was the machine gun, which required two perks and it lasted a month at most.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

Yea when you start a thread putting survivors against killers and vice versa, its no surprise. You're part of the problem.

Both sides got some very big nerfs, stop acting like survivors didn't get hit with this update and you're the only one who is affected.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

The narrative needs to change from Survivor vs. Killer to EVERYONE vs. SWF’s. SWF’s are the real problem…

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Never did. Perhaps you are part of the problem with your disingenuous assertions.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

Nah you're quite clearly emotional after your dreaded 'killer nerfs' so I'll let you be. Defending killer nerfs while playing victim and ignoring the survivor nerfs. You're part of the problem. Stop acting like you're the only one affected, thanks.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Or it fits perfectly but whatever. Sure if your playing bad survivors. Let me guess your a killer main that 4ks every match with no perks and addons blah blah blah.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

What do you mean? SWFs certainly cause balance problems, but I don't see any solo survivors any less "entitled" since they need all the help they can get.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067
    edited April 2023

The sad thing is, the healing nerf is not that bad. Just use a medkit and adrenaline if you can’t loop. 2 heals should be enough.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189

I'm personally happy about healing nerf. Getting injured didn't carry any weight as long as survivors manage to get away. At least now I will see less few second heals. I play soloq when not playing killer and I will just adapt like always. I'm too addicted to this game just to stop playing because studio changed something -_-'

As for Call of Brine and Overcharge nerfs I will probably still go with Overcharge and maybe throw in Oppresion from time to time. Shame for Pain Ressonance. If I can't recharge tokens somehow it's a complete no-go for me.