The survivor entitlement is insane

Options

Comments

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,163
    edited March 2023
    Options

I play usually 2 man or solo. I'm not afraid to play injured. I know when its time to heal and when it isnt. I'm not begging for heals everytime i get injured. I think survivors will need to adapt not being always healthy and i think its good. The amount of times i see people waste time healing instead of doing gens when its needed is the reason why survivors also lose.

Personally i find medkits too powerful and CoH is...something the game never needed. The amount of times i've gotten out due to my powerful medkit i can't even count.

Also you arent thinking of the perks that help survivors heal faster. You will still have we'll make it, which is very powerful. Youll have botany to help faster heals. Theres many perks to help survivors to heal faster, but you don't think of these.

These nerfs are to CHANGE the stale meta both killers and survivors have. For us to use and try DIFFERENT builds and perks.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,163
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm not even going to bother explaining why this nerf is needed... If survivors can't see how powerful medkits + healing + CoH are then..i have nothing to say. LIke i said i play mostly survivor nowdays and even i found healing to be disgustingly powerful.

Anyways im done. At least i can see things from both sides.

I used Brine by the way..and scourge hook, yet i can still understand the nerf behind them. I will start using Jolt or Deadlock. Its fine. Im glad i get to use different builds instead of always relying on the same gen regression. Slobby has always been with me and it will stay. Survivors have always been scared of being injured, nothing is going to change their willingness to heal. Nowhere to hide. Love me that perk always with me.

• MerleDixon
    MerleDixon Member Posts: 159
    Options

I don't use dead hard, I actually use sprint burst and lithe. Try again tho

• MerleDixon
    Options

There are other perks you can use. adapt and quit crying xx

• Dbdenjoyer675
    Dbdenjoyer675 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 18
    Options

You think these changes will go through lmao people are gonna tear the ptb to shreds and I don’t blame them no one has said any of this is a good idea And yeah cause killers haven’t had the entitled victim baby attitude for years the whole reason why both meta shifts have happened but this one nahhhh I doubt they will do it buddy if they do I’ll be shocked

• Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61
    Options

Nah, I'd want my money back too for the current state of the game. People are just too brain dead and on copium to see past the BS.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options
  • Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61
    Options

Did I just read your post correctly? You understand the full picture with most of the community so far has been directly hate? Gen rushing is going to be more prevalent, and killers will tunnel and camp no matter what.

If you think this update is going to "buff solo Q" then you're in for a rude awakening. I'm not trying to be mean to you but you're one of the other comments I see that are trying to look past all the "faults" and sound like you're full of copium.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

Darling, the baseline 16 second altruistic heal was never a problem, but it got hit anyway. Medkit change is fine, CoH change is massively overboard but what's another perk in the bin?

It's the baseline change that's excessive.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

Players think gen rushing is going to be more of an issue because they think players should not heal. So lets go over how clearly wrong that take is by theory crafting it. Lets stay on average 1 hit will take a killer 30 seconds. In the next patch you will run healing perks as survivor. For soloq I'm planning on running botany and bond to completely remove these nerfs. Now for those 2 perks lets say it takes 16 seconds to find a survivor and 16 seconds to heal. This would result in 48 seconds of gen efficiency to get healed. If they last 30 seconds longer in chase because they were healed they now can potentially add 30 x 3c=90 charges or one full gen. 3 survivors all doing sperate gens at 1c per second. This means by healing and last 30 seconds in chase longer because of the additional health state we get more gens done compared to 16x2+16=48.

Just because killers can camp and tunnel doesn't mean you will still see it as much with both being nerfed. The strat is weaker next patch.

This update does buff soloq. 3 genning, camping, and tunneling are all getting nerfed. If you think all 3 of those things being nerfed and survivor just needs to bring bond+botany to remove the changes killer got then idk what to tell ya. And I'm not looking past the faults. I'm injecting the changes into the game and mentally simulating how these affect the game and coming to a conclusion on what the game will look like because of it.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

Also Inner Healing and Renewal, which insta-heal you long as you meet the prerequisites.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348
    Options

People talking about using botany to negate the heal base nerf are forgetting about perks like sloppy that make you require double the heal time 24=48 with sloppy and let's not forget Coulrophobia which reduces the speed which it takes to heal by 50% meaning it will be more like 90-100 seconds to heal with just those 2 perks alone before botany

It's like people forgot about the anti heal perks on killer side because the meta was gen regression for so long

• Trollinmon
    Options

3 gen was massively nerfed. We are going to see a SB meta and trying to do a 3 gen vs SB and need hits for slowdown just isn't going to work. I don't see how you come to the conclusion that the healing changes bring 3 gen back to anywhere near the power it was at. It's still going to be a strat but it has always been one in dbd since Doc release. It has only be a serious issue with the gen kicking stuff which has been nuked.

Camping falls down with the kicking nerfs. You are now not heavily encouraged to camp hooks where gens are high since you no longer have cob and 3 gen nerfs mean getting a down and going into a 3 gen was also nerfed. On top of this PR was nerfed which was another thing strong for camping since you could camp a survivor on a PR hook and cycle procs. Healing changes are a nerf for camping unless survivors think they can be cute and not heal which camping counters. The name of the game next patch will be split pressure. This is where you get your game delay since slowdown is kinda trash now. The healing changes are basically base kit buffs for going for 12 hooks.

With camping nerfs you see OTR buffs since proxy camping countered this perk. PR is a nerf for tunneling since you no longer have a good regression perk. DH change also increase value for OTR which again is nerfing tunneling. The healing changes make gens go faster if you are tunneling and slow if you split pressure. Tunneling nerfs is mostly being that split pressure is how you slow the game down and OTR should be used massively now which is the anti-tunneling perk.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

Camping falls down with the kicking nerfs

Camping =/= kicking. CoB and OC were never components of a camping build and honestly, neither was PR. Yes, PR is now potentially less effective if the survivors decide to trade more than four times (What kind of camping this is is beyond me at this point) but that's not exactly a fall for camping.

Healing changes are a nerf for camping

Survivors being slower is not a nerf for camping in any shape.

The healing changes are basically base kit buffs for going for 12 hooks.

Those are not nerfs to camping and tunnelling. I know it gets regurgitated ad nauseam, but no matter how much the game favours killers, they will continue to camp and tunnel.

With camping nerfs you see OTR buffs since proxy camping countered this perk.

And it is not gone, so no, OTR doesn't move.

PR is a nerf for tunneling since you no longer have a good regression perk.

That's not a nerf to tunnelling though, tunnelling is still by far the most effective method and its every bit as efficient as it has been.

Though of course, the killer does now have more time to find the unhooked survivor before they can get healed, so that's a buff to tunnelling.

The healing changes make gens go faster if you are tunneling

No, they don't. Gens are gonna go as fast as normal, unless you're referring to survivors picking up more genrush builds, but that's not a tunnelling specific nerf, is it?

OTR should be used massively now which is the anti-tunneling perk.

In other words, if you tunnel hard enough, survivors will now have 3 perks instead of 4. That's a buff to tunnelling.

• Trollinmon
    Options

Yea man I'm not going to even bother teaching you have to theorycraft. I've been a top 200ish player in a games that had 10 mil players and another with 1 mil. Did so by being good at theorycrafting. Saying things like "Survivors being slower is not a nerf for camping in any shape." or "No, they don't. Gens are gonna go as fast as normal, unless you're referring to survivors picking up more genrush builds, but that's not a tunnelling specific nerf, is it?" just shows you don't have any idea how this patch changes the game. Nerfing top game delay perks on killer and adding new delay that is only good for spreading damage is a obvious nerf to those strats.

• paperface
    paperface Member Posts: 20
    Options

these people who pretending. jeez what a loser.

just say it out loud you're survivor main and not agree with the changes

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    NerfDeadHardPLZ Member Posts: 70
    Options

small killer nerfs ? all gen regres perks are basically dead since 6.1.0

survivor bias as usual speaking on forums

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    Options

We come to the begging

1. Survivors deserved those nerfs and they are nowhere enough
    2. Strongest killer in the game need some tuning as well
    3. Weak killer in the game need huge buffs to be vialable
  • AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

I love it when some random person online is trying to read me because of a few bad apples. Us v them threads are old and your tone of voice makes me think you have similar entitlement as well

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

Strawman argument. Base healing got nerfed as well as every aspect of healing not even taking into consideration hemorrhage and mangled

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I agree.

DH, while still being the most used survivor perk, was actually in a good spot. Devs should have buffed the lesser used exhaustion perks instead.

The healing nerf will lead to 2 things, survivors repairing gens while injured and high mobility killers increasing their kill rate. The lower tier killers are still left in the dust and whats worse, they have now even less stuff to deal with gen rushes.

Dark times ahead.

• MerleDixon
    Options

your username is literally nerfdeadhard when it's easy asf to counter, i can tell your not very good

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    Options

Easy vs low skilled survivors, i agree, but in high mmr, nope

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I think Killers, as a whole, will be MUCH stronger.

The VAST majority of players are extremely uncomfortable playing injured.

It's gonna be 2018 DBD but with the competitive mindset of 2023 DBD.

• MerleDixon
    Options

Just wait it out ☠️ it's only uncounterable at pallets

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

What on earth is that screen resolution? Are you playing on a cinema sized screen?

• Trollinmon
    Options

3440x1440p ultrawide monitor. Need to play dbd in 16:9 sadly but the game doesn't change the aspect ratio until I get in a match.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

I wouldn't call those killer nerfs small at all. They basically kill most of the few meta gen regression perks left. And the buffs that killer got are so utterly worthless that they might as well not even be taken in account.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

So healing will be longer and gens will go faster. It's not good on any side but no way will killers be stronger then now. Inner healing will be more popular perhaps that is a fast heal and with Bond you can always find survivors if you can't do gens injured which is mostly a low MMR problem with survivors always wanting to heal.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

I disagree, the other Exhaustion perks are fine, healthy, and balanced, they shouldn't be touched (except Smash Hit). Dead Hard was the standout problem and needed to be hammered down. Now it can't be used repeatedly forever, but good survivors will still use it the same as before. The fact its omnipresence has been revoked means that it will eventually become easier to surprise killers with it, when they will have less reason to expect it every time.

• MerleDixon
    Options

So longer healing which provides more slowdown for killers is useless? Anyways

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

This is what I'm worried about. For every survivor that will "just put on resilience + adrenaline and omega genrush" there's several that basically get a -100% repair speed debuff applied to them from the moment they're injured until they're fully healed.

I'm totally on board with knocking med kit speeds and even self healing down a peg, but it really feels like both an initial patch + the "The first one wasn't enough, so here's additional changes" amendment patch a while later slapped into a single patch.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

Inner Strength also has a strict and limited activation requirement.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,047
    Options

I thought that COH was powerful, and GREEN medkits were also powerful with the 50% increased self heal but they didnt need to nerf all the others meds and the max charges per medkit, on top of boosting the normal heal to 24sec.

It is not about "begging for heals" or "know when to be healthy or remain injures", it is obvious that an injured survivor lasts less in chase than a healthy one and now that all means of healing are nerfed simultaneously you are dependent of your random teammates to keep you in one piece because resources will run out in like 4-5min.

BHVR prouded themselves to be helping soloQ players with the new HUD and now they drop this forcing them to use more perks than before to sustain the new basekit nerfs.

When this patch goes live and you want to play without your 4man SWF you will be forced to take:

1-2 healing perks in case you are against a high mobility killer or a killer using sloppy

1 aura perk to find your teammates or let teammates find you in case you are in indoor maps

Fail to bring one of these and you are basically begging for the RNG god not to be crushed any game.

• Rovend
    Options

1- Survivors perks needed nerfs. No BASEKIT NERFS to healing, or to all medkits simultaneouly.

2- Strongest killer are buffed once again, nurse even more since the removal of the lightburn mechanic.

3- Weak killers will get a minor buff with the healings nerfs but nothing more.

• paperface
    paperface Member Posts: 20
    Options

killer only 1 and survivor is 4.

of course there are more survivor main.

and oh man, the entitlement is real and it's almost disgusting.

they literally ignore all the heavy nerfs to killer and went on like BHVR always buff the killer

and they ALWAYS have all the reason to make you believe they're on point.

it's basically pointless talking to these kind of people

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    Options

Bro what nurse buff with lightburn nerf ? no1 ever used it against nurse, what are you talking about ?

• Rovend
    Options

It's still a buff to remove a mechanic that could hurt her even if very few people used it. Now no one will

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    Options

Yeah buff on something that no1 ever used :D big buff not gonna lie

99% of the survivors are running medkits and toolboxes, even if they remove flashlight completely i doubt killers would even notice that item is gone

• Rovend
    Options

Maybe if keys, maps, fireworks and flashlights werent so useless in this game to the point you are literally handicapping yourself by bringing them people would use them instead of medkits and toolboxes.

And now as the nerf hammer goes to the medkits toolboxes will be the first option to pick.

Still, now you have less reason to use a flashlight so expect more toolboxes genrushing you.

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    Options

Sure the more toolboxes the better, so they can nerf that too in next chapter

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,875
    Options

I've literally never asked for any of these nerfs for killers. And like every other solo player, I'm just trying to protect the measly escape rate I already have after the 6.1 update. These changes impact swfs very little to none. The entitlement is those who apparently feel I just shouldn't escape at all.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

I can assure you no one cared if billy got nerfed, I mean I guess the clown nerf is good? but there is no entitlement, you can look the forums or at the top 1% players reactions to this update almost nobody is happy, Otz said that high skill wont have a problem with this but low skill survs are gonna suffer because of this,

Vulpixa one of the best nurse mains in the game said that it promotes tunneling

I'm ok with the dead hard nerf but the altruistic nerfs to medkits and healing as a whole was wayyy too far

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yes, abusing one broken offering if and when you found one and spent 7k blood points for it is so much stronger than being able to win while half asleep 90% of the time. You can win without add-ons or offerings just fine now and reliably. If you can't and I, who played mostly survivor for the ~2400 hours I have played, can... I'm gonna go with it being a skill issue.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Cool.

Doesn't change what I said. Insta-murder without having to actually hook people will still trump any perk meta, ever. Now and forever. Unless they someone introduce a mechanic that lets you kill survivors even faster.

Even old Dead Hard and old Decisive Strike and all the flashlights in the world didn't save you from that.