The Knight's Permanent Injunction Set: A Predatory Spread

Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,698
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Normally I'm not one to complain about limited time cosmetics. I'm kinda part of the "It's just visual stuff clothers". Although I do have to say, if a set is going to be limited time, you should be able to get the whole set without issue.

This is not the case with The Knight's Permanent Injunction set. First off, I think it's weird that the set is split into two different tracks of the track. Giving part of a set for free and the rest of it costing money comes off as predatory to me.

What is also just straight up annoying is how far away from each other the parts of the set are. The body is available at tier 1, the sword is available at tier 31, and the headpiece is all the way at tier 68. Having 30 or more tiers between pieces of a set is where I really take issue. Not only do I work a full time job, but I also have other games I want to play, and sometimes just need to take breaks from dead by daylight. Being locked out of a full set because I don t always have the time to, or even always want to play this game comes off as extremely predatory. I'm already paying for the premium track, I shouldn't have to dedicate all my time to this game to complete the set I already had to pay for.

Bottom line, the individual pieces of sets should be way closer together on the rift, with this current spread coming off as extremely predatory.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,709

This is how battlepass in all video games work tho. Of course they will give you the best stuff at the end and split the good and bad between from start to finish.

• Chordyceps
    edited March 2023

And I think this shouldn't be the case for any game. And not being able to complete a set is a little different from having better cosmetics towards towards the end of the rift.

• Chordyceps

Ok, I'm bringing this back up because this tome makes it looks like the Devs saw this post and then decided that they should do what they did with Permanent Injuction with Singularity but turn it up to 11. Needing to complete the ENTIRE regular track just to get the full set for both Singularity AND Gabriel. If what they did with Permanent Injunction was predatory, I don't even know what to call this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,183
    edited August 2023

What are they supposed to put at the end of the track then?

What do they reward players who get to 70 with if doing so is classed as predatory?

If spreading a set out across tiers 1, 31 and 69 is predatory, what would it be if they put the entire set at tiers... 61, 65 and 69?

Personally I've never found getting to 70 particularly difficult unless I've taken an extended break, and I also split my time between games. A rift usually includes at least one event tome as it covers about 3 months, and between all those challenges, that's usually more than enough fragments to complete the pass, plus we have double fragments right now.

I don't purchase Premium until I reach the high 60s anyway, so I'm not losing out on the full refund of auric cells.

• Chordyceps

Yes, 61, 65 and 69 would definitely be less predatory. It's the difference between going "ooh, you want the rest of this set, you better keep playing!" and "Congrats on making it this deep into the rift, here's a full cosmetic set".

Not everyone has the time to make it all the way through the rift, I have a full time job, friends I like to spend time with, and other games I also want to try out. For someone with my amount of time to spend on this game to get this full set it's basically I requirement that I spend more money on the rift than I already have, which is what makes it predatory.