This patch worries me

we all saw the changes announced yesterday but can we acknowledge how bad some of this is killers lost all regression perks without buffing any perks to compensate like pop or ruin meaning gens are gonna fly faster than before meaning more tunneling and camping which has still not been addressed also because they gutted healing completely why would any survivor heal now they will just push gens faster then before stacking prove and other gen rushing perks like hyper focus then we have killing perks as a way to force meta change what is the point of pain res now literally have fun healing against a wesker with sloppy and Coulrophobia on midwhich so fun am i right also what was the point of the boon mechanic as a whole like genuinely if you refused to balance it what was the point of introducing them

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The idea is to for killers to slow down the game themselves, by spreading damage more, and playing skillfully.

Some people argue survivors are just going to stay injured and rush gens, but in that case, killers will also be able to get downs very quickly, because survivors will be 1 shot.

I like the ide behind the patch, but a few additional changes will probably be needed.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 151

Healing nerfs are fairly cringy for sure. I will say the killer perks getting nerfed doesn't seem to really be the solution most players were looking for anyway. The problem is the meta is creating 45 minute games fighting over a 3 gen the killer forced from the start of the game. Killers shouldnt be forced to protect a 3 gen as the only way they think they can win. Walking to each generator to apply as many gen regression perks you have until the survivors don't want to play anymore is not ideal. Nerfing eruption call of brine felt great because it support that so much. Not healing vs certain killers is also just certain death. Playing into wraith you pretty much just have to tank the first hit to get to the pallet anyway since on a ton of gens you cant see him coming.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 400

Healing yourself now takes as long as repairing a generator, how many more slowdowns do killers need.