Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD must be hell for new killer players

I treated myself to a console recently after having played DBD for 2 years on PC and thought why not try it out on console as well.

It was such a miserable experience. Even with no experience on that account I constantly got survivors that were like prestige 30, got some bully squads that destroyed me even though I have 3k hours on pc and just had absolutely no fun whatsoever. Also got like 3 people that added me even though I only played 6 matches to tell me how easy my ass was and something in russian.

Most of the time I got an swf that had one very weak player but 3 strong players that completely wooped my ass. So i guess that one guy just drags them into low mmr.

I mean learning DBD was already rough when I started 2 years ago but I honestly have huge admiration for anyone that tries to learn killer nowadays and has to go through matches like this right from the start.

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited March 2023

I actually had more trouble starting out last year as survivor. If you're starting with a killer that has not too complex mechanics (for instance, I started out with The Legion), past the first few games to be acclimated, you'll actually do rather great.

Survivor I found to be more discouraging, because less of it was in my control and many games were lost because not only did I suck, my teammates also did, leading to the gates being powered extremely rarely.

Generally, I think the balance of the game inevitably places you in front of slightly better opponents, so it's only a question of where you plateau. New survivors will plateau instantly while they get stomped by beginner killers, while new killers will plateau after a good streak of stomps on new survivors, when the game puts them against survivors that have an idea how the game works.

• Interocitor
    Interocitor Member Posts: 148

The bad base FOV combined with bad optimization and controls on console (even on PS5/Series X compared to PC) makes the whole killer experience painful. This is especially true on the Switch when the game drops under 30 fps constantly and how hard it is to seen anything if you play in handheld mode.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Yeah, the barriers for brand new players at this point are rough. It's very knowledge dependent, and essentially P2W. On both sides.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I think it's not that dh is OP it actualky can be counteted but gens are too fast if survivors who know what they're doing actually want to make them as quickly as possible that will happen. There is not much weaker killers can do if they don't bring 3-4 slow downs.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    edited March 2023

Don't forget how auto aim and 360s destroy new console specific killer players and make them want to quit the game but BHVR leaves them in because they're fun for survivors

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Kinda shows what Console players have to deal with

But being new doesn't necessarily mean much... you can be a new player on PC and deal with the same things

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,271

at the beginning your MMR can be adjusted by *a lot*. From what I can tell (both myself and friends having had accounts on different platforms for one reason ir the other) it takes about 20 matches for MMR to put you roughly in the area where you "belong" (aka where you would have been if you used your regular account). That's not a lot of matches. -- Your rating barely budging comes from you playing a lot; the more you play the more fixed your MMR number gets.

That being said. Quite a lot of players who do know how to play the game sit at a much lower mmr point than they should, imo. Reasons vary but for the most part it seems to be some sort of refusal to take part in the max-efficiency spiral dbd matches are caught in. That usually translates to few escapes for surv and few kills for killer.