stop trying to make overheat happen, gretchen wieners

deckyr
deckyr Member Posts: 795
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

i'm so flustered by these billy changes that i just want to cut to the chase here.

if you deleted overheat from the game and then made every addon that activates on overheat instead apply a status to survivors that you hit, then made the speed you're removing from engravings basekit, billy would legitimately be a killer worth playing again. i am not kidding one iota. two simple changes would revitalise this killer into a normal, competitive position within the roster and i feel like it's not being done purely because you, the developers, want to force him to have this clunky and unfun mechanic because of reasons that we have not agreed with since you pushed that change live.

i'm so tired. you guys have given billy the runaround for years at this point and for what? nobody is enjoying what you're doing with him. i'm sorry that this feedback is harshly worded, but i'm exhausted. we're all exhausted. we have been crowing ever since he got changed that the direction billy is being forced to go in is bad and not fun and not interesting, and you insist on it. why? how offensive is it that you wrote "we really need your feedback" in the announcement post, but if you had regarded any of our feedback in response to billy over the years then there's no way on earth this is where the ptb would be taking him.

you, behaviour interactive, really need to do better in regards to taking our feedback and in the way you phrase these posts. your fog whisperers are often a united front on everything, they have all been saying the same things for years. there is not a single one of them that thinks billy is in a good place and you're pushing a nerf through seemingly at random and then tell us that you "really need our feedback". it honestly feels like a slap in the face to see those words written out in the discord announcement when you haven't taken ANY of our feedback regarding billy for YEARS. we don't like overheat, we do not like this mechanic, the feedback has for years been to stop pushing it on us and you're running a whole ptb that makes the whole mechanic even more oppressive while making his only good addons worse because everyone's using those addons in particular. i understand you have the stat charts, but those aren't doing you any good if you don't understand what those numbers mean. he has two overperforming addons? no, he has thirteen other addons that do NOTHING to help him. he's not often reaching overheat? because it FEELS BAD TO DO SO. instead of pushing these bad addons and bad mechanics on us to spread the numbers around, do the one thing that we have been asking for literally since these changes were made and prove to us that you actually do want our feedback instead of just writing out those words in that order.

at this point the more you push overheat the more you waste your own time and also ours. please give us billy back.

Post edited by deckyr on