6.7.0hhhh dear. Changes, recommendations and sloppiness.

notdragonite
notdragonite Member Posts: 80
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

so it’s no surprise that many people dislike this ptb. it’s everywhere. some of the changes i absolutely 100% agree with, others i feel were not considered in the slightest and were just thrown in there.

let’s start off with the bloodweb changes. thank you devs is how i’ll begin it. these changes are more than welcome and changes that i, and many other people have asked for forever now and i think it’s time they were introduced. so thank you, there is nothing more i could ask about bloodweb changes, except make it so you can skip the part after you level up it just slows it down a little but besides that, these changes are great.

map changes for gas heaven and blood lodge are absolutely welcome as well. i have been waiting for ages to have gas heaven changed and thank god it is actually happening. blood lodge i never really minded as a map, i didn’t expect it to be changed and it caught me by surprise seeing it was getting reworked. however a change for it is still welcome and it’s actually a pretty nice change. so again thank you.

now some of the things i’m disappointed about.

firstly the billy changes. this change creates a clear and evident picture on just how the devs decide to nerf things. it’s clear from this they just look for numbers and pick rate and don’t really decide to delve into the reasoning behind pick rate or why something is so good. the reason why the 2 addons got nerfed was because they were the only 2 addons that billy mains used. but instead of bringing other addons up to par and maybe considering why people use them, they just decided to nerf them because they are being picked more than others. come on, that’s not healthy, that’s honestly a little bit spiteful, and it’s sloppy balancing. now i’m not a billy main, but from a billy mains eyes… they probably want to storm to bhvr headquarters and scream in every single one of your faces. it just feels like you guys don’t care about billy anymore and just decide to nerf him every update at this point. so DO NOT NERF ENGRAVINGS, instead bring his other addons up to their level.

next thing that again i’m not really happy about, but also i think it’s a deserving change… dead hard and pain res nerfs. now i’ll say these are over nerfs, but again i think it’s time they got changed. the devs did say themselves that these 2 perks are making their way back into the meta, which is code word for “these perks are being picked more than others when we don’t want it to”. again, it just feels like all the devs are really doing is looking for pick rate instead of reasoning. it’s kind of a quantity over quality thing, and again it feels sloppy.

here is some recommendation for changes, and tell me whether people like them. again these are just recommendations and can be tweaked, so please don’t get angry anyone. firstly, dead hard would activate after ALL ALTRUISTIC ACTIONS, ie. taking a hit to protect a survivor, dropping a pallet to stun a killer and save a teammate, flashlight saving a survivor, unhooking a survivor safely etc. so it would be a little something like this:

• after completing any altruist action, dead hard activates. whilst injured and running, press the active ability button to gain the endurance status effect for 0.5s. dead hard will cause the exhausted status effect for 60,50,40 seconds. if the killer successfully hits you, you will enter deep wound and dead hard will deactivate. (just a quick ps, dead hard can be activated multiple times so long as you get multiple altruistic actions).

for a pain resonance changes, i would recommend EARNING IT. something like this:

• after hooking 2 survivors, scourge hook pain resonance activates for 120 seconds. during this time… 4 random hooks are converted to scourge hooks and whenever a survivor is hooked on a scourge hook, the generator with the most progress explodes losing 9/12/15% progress and continue to regress. if a survivor is repairing the generator during this explosion, they will scream and be kicked off the generator. after this duration, pain resonance deactivates for the rest of the game (again this is just a heavy recommendation and the numbers can be tweaked need be)

i would tweak the circle of healing a little bit because of its nerf. i would just change the numbers of the healing seeing as healing is slower to maybe 65/70/75% faster or maybe 90/95/100%, just not it’s current numbers in the PTB seeing as healing is slow now plus the perks is more of a team perk now than ever i feel and so i think the healing should be pretty fast.

apart from that the rest of the perk changes are always welcome and i actually agree with so they are all good too.

• the dead hard change will give it a bit more activation whilst still causing that survivor to go out of their way and help, instead of doing generators.
  • the pain resonance nerf still allows time for the killer to get some value, and then cause it to deactivate… and it incentivises them to try and get downs as quickly as possible before losing pain res. whilst it does make its activation a slight bit hard it, it simultaneously promotes the killer to not patrol and kick gens and stops this idea of letting pain res do the work for them.

for the one most people are not happy about… the healing changes. i think these, personally, can be heavily tweaked. these changes cause a major problem with self care, and low mmr. in lower mmrs, people play claudette to get self care and heal themselves… and this change turns it’s current 45s heal into a 68s heal. what the hell, who’s wasting 68s healing themselves when you can bring a medkit STILL and healing yourself in about a 3 of that time. the changes i feel were rushed, and unchecked. plus with the right build and everything, a 68s heal can turn into a 6 MINUTE HEAL, almost 7 minute heal. this will literally destroy low mmr games and self caring claudettes will not care aslong as they are getting healthy again they are happy. gens will not get done whatsoever.

so i think there is somethings about the healing changes i would personally recommend. i’ll say this again, these are my opinions so i don’t need anyone personally attacking me, just give recommendations of your own and not literally be rude about it. thank you.

lets start off with the healing changes themselves:

• healing a survivor now takes 20s (was 16s from live) (was 24s from ptb) and this counts for self healing

if above changes cannot be made, i would like to change some other things maybe these are a bit fairer:

• the mangled status effect slows down healing by 15% (was 25%)
  • the haemorrhage status effect causes healing progression to be lost slower than currently (i don’t really know the numbers and percentages so i’ll just say lost slower than now)

a self care change due to the healing changes i feel personally should be made because 68s is ridiculous:

• CHANGE: you can full heal yourself back to healthy with self care for 55/50/45s (was 25/30/35%) - these numbers can be tweaked if they are a bit too fast -

that’s pretty much my main concerns with the healing changes, and i’m personally giving recommendations as much as i can so that they devs (if they ever read this) can take them into account.

last thing, the flashlight burn removals. i don’t personally feel like these should be made. for a few reasons. the main concern is the hag, as she can still just place 5 million traps in the basement and it will take forever for anyone to remove them. it doesn’t matter whether it’s removed from the nurse or not because people barely ever pull it off, just as long as the counter of stopping her from blinking is kept that is fine. the wraith i think should still be burned. i feel like this should be kept due to the wraiths high mobility and i think burning him rewards distance, which i feel he can get back anyways… it just gives survivors that extra slight bit of counterplay. the artist burn her crows should still be kept, because when survivors are burning them off other survivors.. it rewards sticking together to counter her and when burning idle crows it just again gives that extra bit of counterplay which is needed.

that’s all from my changes, if you made it this far, please do not attack me… this is mainly a feedback post for the devs in hopes they ever read it. for anyone who would tweak my changes, please do aslong as they are kept nice and constructive. thank you.