It is time to retire or rework the "black bubbles"

Just in case anyone doesn't know what a black bubble is, it appears when any loud notification plays, like unhooking, a gen popping, a survivor screaming, etc.

I can't count how many times I've lost a chase while playing a ranged killer like Huntress because some random notification played and for some unknown reason it blocks my view from the survivor. I've also lost value from many aura perks for the same reason, and black bubbles are the main reason why I don't play Bitter Murmur on Huntress.

But it's not only with ranged killers. Any time you are trying to look at something from far away and a black bubble ends up blocking the view it is extremely annoying, both for the survivor and the killer. It makes no sense that black bubbles do that. In fact, I don't even think there's a reason for black bubbles to exist, except for maybe screams, and fast actions that are VERY FAR from you. For unhooking and gens popping a simple small notification showing the direction should be enough.

I know this isn't the biggest problem with the game right now, and the devs are currently working on the next mid-chapter dealing with all of the feedback that the community gave to the most recent PTB, but devs, if you are reading this, please consider changing this soon. I have no reason to believe that changing those notifications is something extremely complicated, which of course could be a bad assumption of mine because I can't see the code that the devs are working with, so I apologize if that's the case.

I've seen multiple players complaining about the black bubbles ever since I started playing the game frequently, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that this needs to be changed

Comments

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 306

You are absolutely right, they are awful, whether playing as a survivor or as killer. I don't think the concept in itself is bad, but the fact that it blocks vision from the diretion it is coming from for those precious seconds is something that can actually make the difference. But maybe getting rid of it entirely it's not that good of an idea.

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 175

bubbles are even worse now because they also block auras now since dredge came out and they said they did that on purpose when everyone thought it was a bug...