FINALLY devs you're actually listening! Very good job!

Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,157
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Really good developer update, pretty much all the changes on point!

I would have been so disappointed if you went through with killing Billy ANOTHER time. Thank god you listened to feedback and actually applied such feedback!

As someone who follows a lot of content creators (big ones like otz, competitive ones like Knightlight and casual ones)

I see people are REALLY feeling, you're actually listening and then doing something in the actual practice. Very good job, for real, keep going this way!

Comments

• Leonardo1ita

Killer is not the problem, low tier killers are the problem @Batusalen .

Pick Pyramid head, and use my "Nastly Gross Tunnel" build: Corrupt, Deadlock, Ruin, No Way Out, Shack Hatch Offering/Mori/More hooks, with which I got a 200+ winstreak. Then MASSIVELY camp and tunnel at 5 gens, put torment around the hook, hit people off hook, go across the map, cage, kill. Here we go, very likely someone is tunneled out dead at 3 gens left! Another likely at 1! It's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to lose unless you find a competitive team, and a 3k is almost guaranteed.

This not only with Pyramid head, but with every killer up to Doctor/Clown if you're good at chasing survivors and play in the nastiest way. Maybe switch some perks, like DMS instead of Ruin on Doc, etc.

The only killers who cannot compete are Freddy, Sadako, Trapper, Pig, Myers, and all the D/C tier killers pretty much.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,095
    edited April 2023

"Balance is not the problem, almost half the killer roster not being able to compete because of the balance is the problem".

Great argument! Don't even know what it has to do with what you was saying and what I said to you, but yeah, sounds logic to me!

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • DjEnderFox107
    DjEnderFox107 Member Posts: 144

You’re not gonna be able to satisfy everyone 😅 There is always going to be a unbalance in power regardless of what side you are on. Yes BHVR has an issue with listening to the community but whenever they do what the community does ask of them they still get backlash for it and don’t ever do it again. For example they have done a graphics update for the survivors and they get backlashed for it and that why older killers and some survivors still have old textures

• Leonardo1ita

I did not mean that, I meant that if you give a killer a power that is strong enough they can absolutely compete, especially if you camp/tunnel, etc.

Btw it's not half roster, because if it wasn't for busted Syringes, BNP, Prove Thyself, the only killers that aren't be able to compete are Trapper, Hag, Legion, Myers, Freddy, Pig, Ghostface, Sadako, Skull Merchant. Maybe Trickster. 9/31 killers, so less than 1/3. The problem is that they just don't have a chase power. This in a competitive environment. Outside of competitive, only Trapper, Sadako and Skull Merchant suck in public matches.

It has to do with what you said to me, because the game is unbalanced, but not as much as you think, even in a competitive environment. Also clearly something changed internally.

The problem is maps, perks like Off The Record that can be abused with coordination, combos like Flip Flop power struggle, etc.

Because if you consider a competitive match with just killers and survivors, but no perks, no add-ons and no items, and a map like Ironworks of misery, then the only 3/4 killers are weak.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,220

The difference is, that when the patch lands, kill rate will skyrocket. And you are still complaining....

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349

People like to come on here to complain. It's good to see people come on here being positive.

We are getting some killer perks nerfed that really needed to be nerfed (I blame this squarely on Blights btw) but no more circle of healing! That's a net win for killer in my book!

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,409

We need to move away from this mentality of, "The Devs only listen when they add things I like"

The Developers have been listening the whole time.

• imakepeoplehateme
    imakepeoplehateme Member Posts: 125

I think you misunderstood the changes.Dh is gives to the unhooked person,not unhooker,they changed that.

The kill rates btw will increase at lower levels of play(the majority of the playbase) since CoH and deahard singlehandedly won countless games.The amount of games a boon placed in an hard to reach spot gave the team unlimited heals,the amount of chases extended by 30 seconds due to a deadhard,all these things are now gone.And bad players are not the most gen inclined either.

Meanwhile competent killers facing equally skilled opponents are boned,but hey we didn't nerf billy so everyone is praising the upcoming patch.

• imakepeoplehateme
    imakepeoplehateme Member Posts: 125

I don't think you understand that solo queue players are not and will not coordinate heals.Bad players won't or they will do it poorly so it doesn't matter.These line up with my point that kill rates will rise,since most players will find it difficult to heal themselves,and they will waste time.

CoH is only strong if a team can abuse it,which they will ofcourse.But this lines up exactly with my previous point,with killer regression gone this is an overall buff to strong teams,and a nerf to the casual audiance,and solo queue which will in turn lower the killrates overall.

Regarding Deadhard you can pair it with Decisive,so the killer either eats Ds and you still got Dh for effectively 3 life states,or you get to keep your DH for later.The only difference being you can't use it first chase,so its still a strong perk(which keep in mind only good survivors can get value out of it consistently)

• Batusalen
    edited April 2023

And I don't think you understand that you don't require any coordination, as getting heal is as easy as doing what anyone without a medkit or CoH available would do right now: Just go to a gen and if there is someone in there get healed and if it is not just continue repairing until you find someone. Simple as that.

Also, you don't need a "full SWF team" to "coordinate" to get a heal in CoH. With a two SWF squad with voicecomms would be so easy to just go to the range, do the healing in 8 seconds, and both of you go to the closest gen to get progress. Combine it with perks like Autodidact, PT and / or Friendly Competition and you would get fast heals and even faster gen progression. Again, the problem was the healing times, not what type of healing was being done. If two survivors would heal another in 4 seconds, what is the benefit for the killer there? Time to walk half the way between two generators? One and a half pallet break? 12 charges of gen progress not done that can be recovered in 5.71 seconds with basekit progression if those 3 survivors goes to the same gen after? People don't think before they speak.

And regarding DH, you only confirmed that the nerf would do nothing to it, only make killer start tunneling more and make it even worst as not even tunneling them would avoid for them to get it. So yeah, I'm sure that most of the killer would see a lot of increase in killing rates without doubt, specially the M1 and low mobility killers. It will skyrocket, for sure...

• Gandor
    edited April 2023

4 seconds would mean you somehow got 400% healing speed - or said in a different way - +300% from perks. I have no idea how you would get that. CoH gives you only +100% which results in 8s heal for 2 ppl instead of 16s heal.

Also as said previously - I seriously doubt anyone will be using CoH in a month (or at minimum anyone outside of soloQ or no comms SWF), because totem search time + boon time and then later travel-to-active-boon-time for 2 people will together be always longer then -8s you get from +100% altruism heal. Just wait and see the perk go down to "reactive healing" usage (it makes sense only for soloQ for the aura for other people to know they should go to the area to heal someone else).

Also - the gens done in 4-5 mins means you are terrible chaser = you are loosing A HELL OF A LOT even this patch. Or you are holding your 3gen until the other side surrenders - so this is actually one of a few positive things from this patch - you can't hold 3gen indefinitely any more even if you are not able to land a hit in a full minute repeatedly.

Also - what map contains 30 pallets? AFAIK most pallets in game is around 25 and that is the game - map that contains nothing else but pallets and 3 usable (not even good) windows + 4 trash ones.

• Batusalen
    edited April 2023

How would you get 400% healing? CoH + 2 survivors healing = 4 c/s healing. There, just 1 perk and you don't even need any of the 3 people implied in the healing to be the one to bring it to the game and use it.

8 seconds is for 2 people without CoH healing. 16 seconds / (1c/s * 2 survivors) = 8 seconds. CoH buffs healing in 100%, so one survivor would heal at 2 c/s so 8 seconds heal. You still have problems with simple maths, apparently.

Boon searching has never be a problem because every map have one spawning besides a gen or just at plain sight in "the road". It has never being a problem even when people don't bring any type of totem aura reading perk or a map, why would it start being one now?

Travel time would be a problem if it wasn't because you can bring multiple CoH, the aura is huge and normally you want to still hide from the killer, so you would always go to a remote place to heal instead of doing in the middle of the map. The only situation where this is maybe a problem is when killer drop chase so you are "alone", and in that case you can do what survivors without a medkit or CoH available is doing now that is go to the closest gen and if is someone there get healed, and if there is no one just repair the gen until you find it. It won't be any lost time for the survivors because it is already no time lost for the survivor.

And a 4-5 minutes game is what most games take right know, no matter that you make 8 hooks one after another, because gen progression has being always too fast. Now survivors brings PT, Friendly Competition and BNP with toolboxes almost every game, and WoO to not even have to loop or mindgame, just go from pallet to pallet as then you force the killer to drop chase or having multiple gens done by the time he is going to hook you.

So don't matter if there is 30 pallets or 20 in the map, the thing is I have a recording of me breaking 11 pallets in all the chases and still being unused pallets. Because again, people don't even try to loop or mindgame TLs anymore, they just go from pallet to pallet, and they know they aren't going out of pallets before the rest completes the gens.

You claim non-stop that you play so much killer right now. Pick a M1 low mobility killer and then come and tell me how many chases you had that isn't the survivor pressing W to going to the next pallet over and over again and then count the number of PTs and WoO after the game.

Either way, we will see how things goes tomorrow.

• Leonardo1ita

Absolutely NOT. 4 years old DS hasn't been nerfed. 4 DAMN YEARS. Almost 7 before Medkits are FINALLY nerfed. Soooooooooooooooo many busted things have been in the game for so long.

• Leonardo1ita

I can assure you that the new Circle of healing will be perfectly balanced even in competitive play. The fact that you could self care was the problem, because setting up a boon, going into it within 24 meters, to just cut the heal time from 16 to 8, it's not always convenient. Perhaps we'll make it is better. You might give the killer even more time to camp, tunnel and win easily if it fails.

• Leonardo1ita

Getting 3 people in one area is not easy, it's actually quite dangerous. If the killers knows or deduces you're all there, that's MASSIVE info to capitalise from, such as when to go back to hook, etc.

• Gandor
    edited April 2023

Ok so your solution to 2 people traveling and wasting more time then they gain is make it 3 ppl traveling. Now you are becoming funny.

Remember this post. I will write you in a month to see how many ppl use the perk - especially SWF. I presume some low soloQ (thanks to aura) usage will be there. But I am still totally convinced the perk is absolutely dead for SWF - even in your case - just go to gen and find someone there (so don't go to boon) - so you don't waste the time (correctly). Why would you move to CoH area when u can already heal next to gen and don't need to walk to it's (possibly distant) aura?

Also I will tell you a secret how to counter WoO. Go for that person while he's around a few gens. Let him clear that part of map (break 3-8 pallets with him in that vicinity) - then leave him. Once you inevitably get the chase in that location again, you can face dbd gods themselves, but they will still go down - because the map will be already empty by that WoO user. Works especially well if you target part of the map that only has pallets and barely any window...

As for slow M1 killers - I do use Bubba and win most (not all) games. No problem at all. Especially on pallet heavy maps like gideon.