Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dear Behaviour, we need to talk about Dead Hard...

Hi, we all appreciate the changes from the PTB, however, there's one thing that's not sitting right with me for a LONG time.

Dead Hard.

When you changed Dead Hard in the 6.1.0 update, you thought it was going to be in a good spot, however, it's still the most used survivor perk and that's for a reason.

Why will we STILL complain about Dead Hard, despite the upcoming change?

Because Dead Hard is still the same perk, it only works after both unhooks, you didn't address the problematic things about it.

What are the problematic things about Dead Hard?

Dead Hard is a perk that allows you to gain an extra health state if you time it correctly. The concept on paper doesn't sound too bad, but in the situations where a killer has to swing, it's nearly uncounterable. Let's say you chase a survivor and they don't reach a pallet in time, but you barely get a lunge attack. It's a guessing game. You either swing, or eat the Dead Hard, or you don't swing and you eat a pallet stun. It's very hard for the killer and you feel miserable when you're hopeless in situations you should be able to make. On top of that, Dead Hard is the only perk where you have to wait several seconds just do down a survivor every game, it's ridiculous. KILLERS SHOULD NEVER BE AFRAID OF INJURED SURVIVORS. I hate the fact that I have to wait 3-8 seconds approximately each time I'm about to down a survivor. It's so frustrating and unfun to go against. The pallet and waiting aspects are the main problems of Dead Hard.

What can you do to make it better and fair for both sides?

Ideally, a rework, maybe you can vault back mid vaulting and that exhausts you, you can probably come up with a better idea. The problem is that despite all those changes, the perk is in the meta for 6 years, but you look at perks that have been in the meta for barely 6 months like Eruption and you gut it. Dead Hard stays alive after all that time.

Behaviour, it's time for this perk to go.

This perks shapes the way killers play and have to do so many unnecessary waiting on op of being uncounterable at pallets. Behaviour, please make the right call and destroy this perk like you did Spine Chill. Dead Hard is UNHEALTHY for this game, even after the most recent change. Mark my words, Behaviour, this perk will stay in the META until you decide to nerf it properly. It's ridiculous to me that a perk despite several nerfs is still the most used survivor perk. I really hope you will make the right call.

I'm very grateful that you listened, and writing this post gives me hope that you will listen again. DEAD HARD NEEDS TO GO. Please, Behaviour, make healthy changes for this game.

Thanks.