Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Suggest:Why not buff Iron grasp to negate dropping a survivor, except for when the wiggle bar fills?

jaerthebear
jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
Example: 

If running Iron grasp:

Flashlight saves, pallet stuns, and decisive strike will only STUN the killer for 4 seconds, instead of making them drop the survivor , and the survivor can only escape the killers grasp if the wiggle bar fills.

During the stun survivros would be able to still wiggle.

Seems like a good idea on paper,

So it'd be cool to have a discussion on it.

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I don't think that would be fair to be honest. I mean I'd just make it make the wiggle timer 30% longer.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018

Someone has been stunned many times i see...

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

I like it.

However I'd offer one change to it.

During blinds, stuns, or DS while the Killer doesn't drop the survivor he should be halted for 1-2 seconds, basically the duration of whatever effect would have made him drop the survivor. Maybe have an animation of the killer tightening his grip during that moment.

Still allows the survivor to wiggle.

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@My_Dude said:
    I like it.

However I'd offer one change to it.

During blinds, stuns, or DS while the Killer doesn't drop the survivor he should be halted for 1-2 seconds, basically the duration of whatever effect would have made him drop the survivor. Maybe have an animation of the killer tightening his grip during that moment.

Still allows the survivor to wiggle.

That would make pallet stun or flashlight saves almost/completely useless, so it's fine the way it is right now. Survivors have to time correctly those saves, and killer can either face a wall or make sure survivors aren't close by.
    Edit: Also they could pair it with Enduring to make it even worse.

• jaerthebear
    Poweas said:

I don't think that would be fair to be honest. I mean I'd just make it make the wiggle timer 30% longer.

What do you mean?

Iron grasp only Increases wiggle time by 12%, and Wiggle time is 16 seconds, so that's an Increase of 1.92 seconds wiggle to escape, but if you stun the killer and get 4 free seconds of wiggle, it takes A net 2.08 seconds shorter to escape killer grasp.
  • jaerthebear
    Vietfox said:

No, I rarely get stunned by pallets or flashlights.

I don't take pallet routes when carrying a Survivor on my shoulder unless I'm 100% sure its safe, I usually look at walls when Picking Up a survivor to negate flashlights,  and I usually slug D-strike users.

I see lots of people saying D-strike needs changed, and I agree, It rewards survivors for playing poorly, and punishes killers for playing well.

I thought hypothetically adding this element to Iron grasp could Help alleviate the problem, because it fits with the perk; making escape from killer grasp NEARLY impossible.
  • Vietfox

@jaerthebear said:
    Vietfox said:

No, I rarely get stunned by pallets or flashlights.

I don't take pallet routes when carrying a Survivor on my shoulder unless I'm 100% sure its safe, I usually look at walls when Picking Up a survivor to negate flashlights,  and I usually slug D-strike users.

I see lots of people saying D-strike needs changed, and I agree, It rewards survivors for playing poorly, and punishes killers for playing well.

I thought hypothetically adding this element to Iron grasp could Help alleviate the problem, because it fits with the perk; making escape from killer grasp NEARLY impossible.

But affecting every other kind of stun is just too much, they have to time them, especially the pallet one.
    About DS, once they use it they are stuck with 3 perks for the rest of the match (one of the reasons why i don't usually run DS), so i don't think it's a big deal.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2018

How often does anyone even wiggle out of the Killer's grasp? Oh that's right, next to never.

Why make it even harder for Survivors to get out of a grasp? Hell, this would mean no one would even attempt to help you until you are hooked, which is bad.

And why would no one run it if it was buffed this way?

• jaerthebear
    @Vietfox While stuns could be effected by enduring, This hypothetical change to iron grasp wouldn't make stuns useless. 

What's keeping a survivor from chaining multiple stuns together? 

Or chaining a pallet stun with a body block?

The pallet closes that route for the killer; They would have to drop a survivor to break the pallet, which , may make a route too long to get to a hook, not considering other efforts from survivors, possibly causing a wiggle free.

Or what about keeping a flashlight on the face of a killer for the duration of a stun, causing huge confusion on the killer's part?

And about D-strike being a one per match use: That could be the difference between a brutal killer result, or an entity displeased result.

Reguardless, I thought It would be Nice to discuss a hypothetical change that may improve the game for everyone.

The change was much more about D-strike than pallets or flashlights;The perk has caused trouble in the Dead By Daylight community for a while, and encourages toxic behaviour by both killers, and survivors. 
  • jaerthebear

How often does anyone even wiggle out of the Killer's grasp? Oh that's right, next to never.

Why make it even harder for Survivors to get out of a grasp? Hell, this would mean no one would even attempt to help you until you are hooked, which is bad.

And why would no one run it if it was buffed this way?

I suppose that true.

The flashlights and pallets may be a bit too much, to be entirely honest, the thread was more about D-strike than anything, but I thought It would be interesting to throw a few other Things in there to Increase discussion.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

At this point, with all the escape options, they should just go back to when Iron Grasp wasn't useless.

• jaerthebear
    Orion said:

At this point, with all the escape options, they should just go back to when Iron Grasp wasn't useless.

Did Iron grasp get changed? 

I only started playing In around the end of 2017/beginning of 2018, so Could you tell me how it was before?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@jaerthebear said:
    Did Iron grasp get changed? 

I only started playing In around the end of 2017/beginning of 2018, so Could you tell me how it was before?

Original:
    Your powerful hold onto the Survivors causes escapes to be nearly impossible. Effects of Survivors' wiggling are reduced by 25/50/75 %.

Time to wiggle free from your grasp is increased by 20/40/60 %.

(Source: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Iron_Grasp)

Right now, Iron Grasp is worthless, just like Unrelenting was at release.
    Context: Unrelenting tier III, at release, reduced the cooldown of missed attacks by 9% and successful attacks by 6%. That's a difference of "not enough to be noticeable" seconds.

• jaerthebear
    @Orion

wau...they nerfed the ****out of it O_o
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Poweas said:

Lmfao

As long as survivors have a free escape in decisive strike, then this idea of an iron grasp rework is fair.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

As one who prefers killer, I do not believe this buff to be fair or necessary.

So that's a big fat no from me.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

There are too possibilities here: it becomes meta in no time considering the amount of hate DS gets, or people would forget about it after survivors learned to stunlock the killer to slowly and painfully make him drop the survivor.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Hell no. That's insane. Flashlights are already easy to work around. So are pallets. If you are too lazy to walk around pallets or look before picking up a survivor then you deserve to lose your prey.