Just an idea of a fifth perk slot for killers.

Options
Veroles
Veroles Member Posts: 868
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have read a lot of people which are the opinion a fifth perk slot is needed for killer. I personally think it's a bit too much to really allow a fifth slot so i had my thoughts about another idea how to make it work more less in a "maybe" good way.

How it can be done needs to get figured out of course by testing and feedback, but i thought about a kind of perks which a killer can choose but the effect itself is not really high. They could have a choice between an early game, mid game, or end game perk.

*Added: The following perk effects are "only examples" for a better understanding of this idea and could be completely different.

A trapper could decide between:

• A short corrupt intervention (maybe 40-60sec)
  • A kind of gen regression 
  • A kind of a very weak noed (after last gen pops the next basic attack is onehit)

A chase killer like nurse could have other options to choose. Maybe something like:

• A notification where survivors are spawned (not aura reading, just the position or only the direction with an arrow which shows the spawn location.)
  • A slight dead mans switch (maybe 20 sec duration or what ever and just can trigger only once per survivors.
  • A slight bitter murmor which only triggers after last gen is done.

I think those kind of slight perks need to get adjusted for every killer each by each depending on their kit but well handled i think it can help in a healthy way.

What's your thoughts about it?

Post edited by Veroles on

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,602
    edited April 2023
    Options

Seems like its just an excuse to add on more slowdown to builds that are already annoying enough.

• Veroles
    Options

Gen regressing/ gen blocking do not need to be an option. The named perk ideas are just examples "how" it could work.

• Veroles
    edited April 2023
    Options

I edited the mainpost in hope it helps to make sure that the idea is the important thing and not the listed perk examples. 🙂

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,045
    Options

They may not need to be an option, but if another effect takes up that fifth slot, it might devalue perks that have similar values. For example, if Nurse gets an indicator for where survivors spawn, then Lethal Pursuer can be safely swapped out for more slowdown.

Overall, I think this is a level of global killer buffing that killers as a whole just don't need at the moment. Killers don't struggle in ordinary matches. According to stats, they're averaging a bit more than a 2K, so bolstering the entire roster is just going to twist the balance more.

This -might- help against the absolute best survivor teams, but I'd rather that the tactics employed by these top-tier survivor hit squads get targeted than to have all survivors get nerfed down further.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,234
    Options

What I think should be done is a NOED style perk (where it only activates during endgame) that has a perk slot dedicated to it. (Noed would become one of these perks)

What this would accomplish is a secondary objective but it wouldnt be mandatory. Survivors arent forced to try to prevent it, but they would suffer the consequences if not.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 581
    Options

I'm interested to hear you elaborate more on that. Would something like, say, no way out be made as that kind of perk? Or strictly something like noed, where you can prevent it with totems, and it never activates. Other than the speedboost+instadown, what other kinds of effects do you think could be made?

• Shroompy
    Options

Well I haven't necessarily thought of much. I did start writing a concept a bit ago but never really had a name for this kind of perk. To answer the question on how the perk would work how ever, it would basically have the same conditions of activation as NOED.

As for different effects, thats basically where I stopped since at the time I couldnt think of any effects that could surpass NOED.

That being said, its definitely a concept Id like to revisit

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    Options

I feel using Nurse is a bad example as I don't think anyone wants Nurse to have a 5th perk apart from Nurse players because she doesn't really need even tiny help. I do think a small corrupt intervention wouldn't be a horrible idea though especially after gen regression nerf.

• Veroles
    edited April 2023
    Options

Would like to read it :). Ideas and concepts are always nice also when they have maybe not the potential to make it, it can be a way to find something new nevertheless what can improve the game. That's why i also thought i throw the idea in i had. You never know if maybe someone has a good thought or addition to it what maybe can make it work in a good way or it opens a way to something new what maybe makes sense. Think that's for what a forum should be there for in first place.

• Shroompy
    Options

Unfortunately I don't have what little was written anymore (and trust me, it really wasn't much lol)

Reworks or just new mechanics are something that I absolutely love writing when ever I have a bit of down time. I actually have a Pig rework in the works which is almost done and that was a lot of fun making. Might revisit this new perk type afterwards :)