The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Games taking too long to start when the killer

I just started playing this game. I create a lobby, players join and ready yet nothing happens. Why not?

Comments

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2018

The 4 survivors and the killer need to be ready for the game to start

• Massacher
    Massacher Member Posts: 18

Maybe you need to re-read what I said

@Massacher said:
    players join and ready

• Theluckyboi

Take an screenshot

• Massacher

Each player has a red tick above their head... doesn't that mean they're ready? I click ready straight away.

• Theluckyboi

there must be 4 survivors, 3 or 2 wont do it, are you sure you are clicking ready? there is an icon above that indicates if the survivors and the killer are ready

• Massacher

Yes all four survivors had a red tick above their head and so did I. Yet it was still sitting in the lobby waiting for I don't know what.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

After all players ready up, it will still take 5 seconds for the trial to start loading.

• Massacher

@Orion said:
    After all players ready up, it will still take 5 seconds for the trial to start loading.

That part I get. But what I'm talking about is when all players are readied up it sits there for a while. Then a 59 second countdown starts. Then when the players are ready again it quickly reduces to 5 seconds. I don't get why people take so long to ready up.

• Theluckyboi

Because they are doing other things and are too lazy to push the ready button or they want to change an item

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

That part I get. But what I'm talking about is when all players are readied up it sits there for a while. Then a 59 second countdown starts. Then when the players are ready again it quickly reduces to 5 seconds. I don't get why people take so long to ready up.

Once there are 4 survivors in a lobby the game starts the 59 second count down. If all 4 survivors ready up before then the timer drops to 5 seconds. It seems like your frustrated that not everyone readies up once the lobby is full. The reason being is that some people want to make some last minute changes to their build, talk with the survivors via chatbox, spend some bloodpoints or even go take a piss before the game starts.

• Massacher

Why don't they do all that before they ready up? It's really annoying and time wasting.> @SadonicShadow said:

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

Once there are 4 survivors in a lobby the game starts the 59 second count down. If all 4 survivors ready up before then the timer drops to 5 seconds. It seems like your frustrated that not everyone readies up once the lobby is full. The reason being is that some people want to make some last minute changes to their build, talk with the survivors via chatbox, spend some bloodpoints or even go take a piss before the game starts.

Why don't they do all that before they ready up? It's really annoying and time wasting.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited December 2018

@Massacher said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

Why don't they do all that before they ready up? It's really annoying and time wasting.

How would they talk to other Survivors before they get into a lobby?
    Sometimes you just remember a last-minute change you'd like to do to your build or realize you haven't spent all your BP yet.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Massacher said:
    Why don't they do all that before they ready up? It's really annoying and time wasting.> @SadonicShadow said:

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

Truth be told its not that big of a deal. Its one minute. Not the end of the world.

• Massacher

@SadonicShadow said:

@Massacher said:

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

Truth be told its not that big of a deal. Its one minute. Not the end of the world.

It takes a while to get matched with four players. So it's more than a minute...

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@SadonicShadow said:

@Massacher said:

@Orion said:

No. There's been a bug for a while where the whole lobby gets ready but even if you're all ready, it'll go down from 60 seconds.