Blood In The Water Fanmade Chapter (Shark Killer)
Killer: The Maneater
Killer Ability: Rising Tide
Killer Perks: Hex: Scent of Blood, Capsize, Unhinge
Survivor: Ahonui Halano
Survivor Perks: Bail, Boon: Lull, Double-Up
Map: Murder Island, The Dead Beach
Killer: Kamohoa is a hulking fusion of man and shark, chasing down his prey on land and sea. His personal perks Hex: Scent of Blood, Capsize, and Unhinge allow him to find bleeding prey no matter how far, crush Survivors' efforts and hope, and lure his prey towards him.
Power: Rising Tide
The Entity will periodically flood the Trial with ephemeral water.
Start the Trial with 2 Tokens that recharge at a rate of 1 Token every 6 seconds.
Special Ability: Surge
Pressing the Power button will initiate a Surge, causing The Maneater to charge forward at 250% speed for 10 meters, consuming 1 Token in the process. If The Man-Eater hits a Survivor with Surge, they lose a health state. Surge will destroy any breakable walls or dropped pallets if charged into but will consume 2 Surge tokens. If Surge destroys a pallet or breakable wall with less than 2 Tokens, it will enter a Token debt but will carry over any recharge progress towards the next token.
Special Effect: Low Tide
With every use of Surge, the Tide meter fills as the water draws in. After 10 uses of Surge, the Realm is affected by Low Tide for the remainder of the Trial.
During Low Tide the following effects will occur:
- All levels of the Trial are flooded with water up to the knee.
- Survivors running within your Terror Radius are revealed with Killer Instinct due to the splashing of water that lingers for 2 seconds.
- Survivors walking produce more noise as they wade through the water.
- Survivors in the dying state are able to crawl 50% faster as they are able to swim through the shallow water.
Special Effect: High Tide
With every use of Surge, the Tide meter fills as the water levels rise. After 10 uses of Surge, the Realm is affected by High Tide for 60 seconds before returning to Low Tide.
During High Tide the following effects will occur:
- All levels of the Trial are flooded completely with water.
- Survivors are Deafened.
- Survivors are able to vault Pallets and Windows at maximum speed silently.
- You move at 130% speed.
- Your Red Stain is extended all around you.
- Surge speed is increased to 375% speed.
- Surge distance is increased by 200%.
- Sea Salt - Seawater concentrated and dried into fine salt.
Reduces the number of Surge uses to charge the Tide meter by 1.
- Fresh Kava - Kava made from fresh leaves giving it a pleasant aroma.
Reduces Surge recharge time by 1 second.
- Flowered Lei - Old, dried flowers strung together into a fragrant necklace.
Survivors in the Dying state crawl 10% slower.
- Beach Sand - A small pouch of sand from the Island's beaches.
Increases the duration of High Tide by 6 seconds.
- Anchor - A rusted, algae-covered anchor.
Your Surge Tokens are reduced to 1 Token. Grants 100% Bonus Bloodpoints for Surge Score Events in the Deviousness category.
- Volcanic Salt - A blend of sea salt and crushed black lava for finishing.
Reduces the number of Surge uses to charge the Tide meter by 2.
- Sour Kava - Kava made from rotting leaves and seawater.
Reduces Surge recharge time by 2 seconds.
- Feather Lei - Dusty crow feathers braided into a ominous necklace.
Survivors in the Dying state crawl 20% slower.
- Shore Stones - A small pouch of black stones that once lined the Island's shores.
Increases the duration of High Tide by 12 seconds.
- Shark-Tooth Kapa - A torn barkcloth imprinted with shark-tooth designs.
Survivors hit with Surge are afflicted with the Blindness status effect for 60 seconds.
- Blackened Salt - A mixture of crushed black lava and burned bodies.
Reduces the number of Surge uses to charge the Tide meter by 3.
- Spoiled Kava - Kava brewed in the bloated bodies that line the shores.
Reduces Surge recharge time by 3 seconds.
- Hair Lei - Clumps of bloody hair and bits of scalp braided into a grim necklace.
Survivors in the Dying state crawl 30% slower.
- Lava Rocks - Darkened lava stones from a sacred volcano.
Increases the duration of High Tide by 18 seconds.
- Shark-Tooth Drum - A small drum lined with shark teeth and human skin.
Survivors hit with Surge are afflicted with the Broken and Exhausted status effects for 60 seconds.
- Broken Pahi Kaua - The broken bill of a swordfish fashioned into a blade.
Low Tide is active at the start of the Trial and becomes permanent.
Your movement speed is increased to 115%
Survivors hit by Surge while injured are immediately grabbed and carried.
- Torn Pikoi - A tripping cord that had been snapped in half.
Survivors within 24 meters of a Surge are Hindered for 16 seconds.
Hitting a Survivor with a Surge will trigger a tremendously difficult Skill Check for any Survivor repairing or healing.
- Rotten Tuna - The decayed symbol of abundance and prosperity.
Hitting a Survivor with a Surge will force them to drop their items.
The Entity will consume the item if not recovered within 120 seconds.
The item has its aura revealed to the Survivor that lost it.
- Dead Triggerfish - A lifeless humuhumunukunukuapua'a.
Survivors hit with Surge are put into the Dying state.
Surge recharge time increased by 6 seconds.
Reduces the number of Surge uses to charge the Tide meter by 6.
- Shark-Tooth Tattoo - A disembodied foot with shark-tooth tattoos.
Survivors hit with Surge are afflicted with the Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects for 60 seconds.
- Fish-Out-of-Water - A still-living fish gasping on dry land.
Surge will no longer charge the Tide meter.
Survivors within 24 meters of a Surge are Exposed for 30 seconds.
You become undetectable while Surge is recharging.
- Iridescent Leiomano - A glass-like club lined with shark teeth molded from the fog itself.
High Tide is active at the start of the Trial and becomes permanent.
Movement speed bonus during High Tide is reduced to 120%.
You become Deafened.
Surge will cause you to swim over dropped Pallets and Windows.
Hex: Scent of Blood: A hex that fuels its master with the blood of its prey. While this hex persists, injured Survivors will be revealed by Killer Instinct for 3 seconds every 20/16/12 seconds.
Capsize: Whenever you kick a Generator, Capsize activates for 30 seconds. While activated, the next Survivor hit with a basic attack is immediately put into the Dying state. Capsize has a cooldown of 60/50/40 seconds.
Unhinge: Breaking a Pallet while in a chase will force Survivors within 24 meters to face towards you. Survivors in this radius that are moving will be forced to move towards you until they stop. Unhinge has a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds.
Weapon: Thresher Jaws (Head Cosmetic)
Terror Radius: 40 meters
Survivor: Ahonui Halano is a rugged island-dweller who teaches surfing and survival to his community. His personal perks Bail, Boon: Lull, and Double-Up allow him to drop out of a dangerous situation, bring peace during the calm before the storm, and protect those around him.
Bail: While being chased by the Killer, Bail activates. While active, press the Active Ability button to duck backwards into the killer, granting temporary collision immunity for 0.5 seconds and breaking out into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 4 seconds. Bail causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Bail can be used while Exhausted and healthy but will cause the Survivor to lose a health state.
Boon: Lull: A boon that provides solace to Survivors once the water is calm. Press and hold the Active Ability button near a Dull or Hex Totem to bless it and create a Boon Totem. Soft chimes ring out within a radius of 24 meters. When a healthy Survivor stands within the range of this boon for 6 seconds, Boon: Lull activates. When a Survivor is injured by any means while active, this boon will snuff itself to hide all Survivors' Scratch Marks and Pools of Blood for 15/20/25 seconds. When snuffed by the Killer, Boon: Lull will only activate for 40% of its usual duration.
Double-Up: Earning a Protection Hit will activate this perk. While active, Double-Up grants you the Endurance status effect while within 10 meters of another injured Survivor. Suffering from the Deep Wounds status effect will deactivate Double-Up. Double-Up has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds. Double-Up only replenishes its cooldown while Healthy.