What Exactly Is "The Fog" In DBD?
Im not sure if this is just me, but this is something Ive been confused about for awhile.
Here are somethings that I am aware from various Tome lore and cutscenes we've seen over the years:
- The Fog itself is a solid object, but not really a solid object, since it is physically able to grab and pull characters and creatures around and move them. The Fog is also able to force people into the Entity's realm. (Cutscene)
- The Fog is described as it's own living creature; it is attracted towards people and forms around them, it wants to be breathed in and is intoxicating for living creatures. (Benedict Baker; Tome Lore)
- Able to manifest and demanifest from existence, almost as if it can travel between different plains and areas of existence, which is why areas such as the Overlap exist. Though regardless, it will always source from the Entity. (Tome Lore; Cutscenes; General Gameplay)
- Able to be "poisoned" and can generally be reduced/killed; able to be "fueled" and can generally grow and develop, kind of like a plant. (General Gameplay, Mist Offerings)
- Unclear if it is part of the Entity, or is the Entity itself. Sometimes described as a symbiotic relationship, sometimes described as them being the same thing. (Tome Lore)
Also, while I cannot pull from the exact source this information is from, I can provide a rough guild to help people. Im sure some DBD lore expert is going to correct some or this, or know roughly what Im trying to say.
But yea, what exactly is the Fog in DBD?