Error 8007

Options
omiiik
omiiik Member Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting

I am from PC windows version. Since the update I have not been able to enter the game again because I get error 8007.

Post edited by Mandy on
20 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Fixed in 6.7.1, accounts were also manually fixed by our Customer Support team and compensation was sent on the 5th May.

Comments

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 415
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have the same issue.

On xbox beta pc.

• mattchew02
    mattchew02 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah having the same issue. Someone please let me know if they found a way to fix this. Wish I bought it on Steam.

• hesslelad
    hesslelad Member Posts: 10
    Options

im having the same problem on xbox for pc and have tried all possible fixes

• hesslelad
    Options

just a note on this connection error . error code 8,007 all other games work perfect on microsoft xbox for pc

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,238
    Options

Hi, thank you all for flagging this issue...I'm hoping you could assist us in resolving this by supplying your game logs which you can find here:  %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs PLUS your Windows ID. Thank you. You can upload them here, it is secure as the files are all encrypted.

• dantecollt
    dantecollt Member Posts: 17
    Options

I've had the same problem since the new update came out. Before it was live, the game was working just fine (some bugs here and there when playing killer while streaming but oh well) but now everytime I try to start the game, I get the same error screen. Here's my log as requested and my ID is DanteCollt.

• lobodeaqua
    lobodeaqua Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm also a Microsoft windows xbox pc user having this issue since the update. I had no prior issues of this error till I downloaded the mid chapter. ID LoboDaquaTTV.

• Atarika
    Atarika Member Posts: 1
    Options

The latest two logs I had trying different things to connect. Same issue of ec 8,007

• THEBUF0N
    THEBUF0N Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello, I have exactly this problem, after this last update

• dogAZLakii03
    dogAZLakii03 Member Posts: 17
    Options

I also have that problem :) Please fix it, thank you!

• dogAZLakii03
    dogAZLakii03 Member Posts: 17
    Options

What do you mean by Windows ID? Where and how can I find it?

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 415
    Options

Me want limited edition t-shirt.

What is this windows you speak of?

• rhiflick
    rhiflick Member Posts: 3
    Options

I am having the same issue, I do not understand the whole log thing. I am using Xbox games pass for PC. I have more then enough storage space on My hard drive. I have spent a lot of time and money on this game for it all to be lost.

• hesslelad
    Options

windows id can you elaborate a bit username , email ??

• hesslelad
    Options

i have reset the game , (on x box for pc microsoft game pass) uninstalled the game and reinstalled and on another computer , uninstaled xbox app and reinstalled now it wont install

• snapat
    snapat Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

Please fix. I was about to get back on after a while and really wanted to play.

• snapat
    snapat Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

Windows Store says version 6.7.1.0 and it disconnects after saying initialization successful

• AllisInWndrlnd
    AllisInWndrlnd Member Posts: 19
    Options

Came here to say I am also a windows pc game pass player experiencing this issue. I already submitted a log file in response to a ticket I submitted last night, so I won't repost it here unless that would be helpful. Is there any update here? It's very sad seeing all the excitement around the update and not being able to play.

• mattchew02
    mattchew02 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi

@Mandy

I can't upload the logs. I keep getting a 'permission problem' error. my ID is ZingerBox9734

• omiiik
    omiiik Member Posts: 2
    Options

It already works for me, but please activate the cross save in the windows version so we can run away from here

• Mandy
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation, you were very helpful in supplying your logs for us to look further into the issue.

• Daruen
    Daruen Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm still having the problem, have tried to reinstall, fix files with Xbox app but nothing is working.

Now I'm trying to uninstall and remove localappdata folder and install again.

If I have a solution I'll post it here for the others if they are having the same issue

• Daruen
    Options

Well it seems that also doesn't work for me, I'll attach my log also if that helps you

I would love to move to another platform and still have my progress and my dlc that I've already bought.

• Daruen
    Options
  • Mandy
    Options

The issue is being investigated, we do not need any more logs from players, I believe the initial one helped to guide where the problem was occuring from.

• AllisInWndrlnd
    Options

Did you do anything that lead to your connection working again, or did it fix itself?

Yes, please give windows store users the option to move to another platform. I know it's easier said than done, but we would be incredibly grateful get away from the windows store specific bugs.

• Naj
    Naj Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • Boomshanka
    Boomshanka Member Posts: 5
    Options

Just came to say the same thing. I'm also having this problem ever since the new update, and I'm also on pc windows (Game pass)

• hesslelad
    Options

has anyone had success in sorting this, tried all the recomendations from Sandra from behaviour , reseting router , all updates up to date , cleared all tmp files , done the ipconfig flush reset etc, im having this problem on 2 computers that are working perfect for every other xbox pc game except dbd , ubisoft , epic games , steam all working even dbd on the same compuer using steam or epic games , this is a microsoft problem we need to hound microsoft i suggest everyone gets intouch with them

• Naj
    Naj Member Posts: 14
    Options
    04/21 and it still doesn't work, no communication from Behaviour, do they put the problem aside?

04/21 And it still doesn't work, no communication from BHVR, do they put the problem aside ?

• cybersoju
    cybersoju Member Posts: 4
    Options

I noticed OP has been updated to indicate this should be fixed via hotfix on the next update.

Historically, every post-chapter patch has been released more than seven days after release. That’s an unacceptable timeline when a whole subset of players’ games are unplayable.

If there was an outage for that long on the Steam edition, an update would roll out immediately. I’m so, so tired of the Windows Store version of this game being neglected.

After over five months of not touching the game, I and my friends tried to get back into it and this is yet another reminder of why we haven’t/literally can’t.

• dantecollt
    dantecollt Member Posts: 17
    Options

It's not Microsoft for once, it's BHVR simply not caring about WinStore players just as usual.

• Strategyboyz21
    Strategyboyz21 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Why didnt I just spend the 10 bucks and buy the steam version 2 years ago 😭

• AllisInWndrlnd
    edited April 2023
    Options

Would it help for us to all call xbox support to report the outage? It's pretty ridiculous that they advertise DBD as one of their windows store and game pass offerings, yet we can't actually play the game even when we spend money on it - isn't that false advertising? At minimum they shouldn't have the option available to purchase the game through their platform when it isn't playable, I believe that is fraud.

I'm not blaming behaviour here, because I've done contract work for microsoft in the past, and I know how chaotic their internal processes can be. I'd like to believe that the issue is on their side, and that behaviour would have resolved this faster if they weren't being blocked by microsoft's own inefficiency. So what can we do to have some agency in this matter, or advocate for cross-progression so we can move away from the windows store?

Even when the game is playable, I have to relaunch the game every few matches because it disconnects in lobby so often (usually when I join the queue,) and my internet is not causing the issue. My connection is stable and I have no connection issues with any other game. From what I've read, this is just one of the perks of being a windows store user.

If we buy the steam version, is there some way impacted users could migrate our accounts despite cross-progression not being available? It'd be nice to play on a functioning platform, and the only thing stopping most of us is that we've already put hundreds or thousands of hours into our windows store accounts.

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20
    Options

Same issue here, same platform. I haven't been able to play in a few days. I've updated my drivers, my software, verified and repaired my files, my internet is connected through Ethernet, and nothing is working. This happens a lot when new updates come out, and usually one of those things fixes it. But this time nothing.

• alerys_xcx
    alerys_xcx Member Posts: 11
    Options

I also have the same connection problem when the game is playable I have to restart after a few matches. It's been like this for years and they never fix it. That's ridiculous. Now I'm with error 8.007 since the patch was released and no forecast to be fixed. I wonder if we could sue the company for all this negligence.

• Shankopotamusss
    Shankopotamusss Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

Made an account on the BHVR website just to say I'm having the same issue. If you are looking at this and in the same boat, I suggest you do the same. Maybe we can bring some attention to this issue. This has happened to me after a number of updates, though this has been the worst.

• primdjkiller1
    primdjkiller1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

same here 8007

• Vy69
    Vy69 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem! My friend logged into his account in my PC via teamviewer and the game just works normally in Xbox and Steam. I logged my account in his computer and same 8,007 error. The problem is in the account, not in the computer or our internet. Meaning: we cant do anything to solve :/

• raygunstew
    raygunstew Member Posts: 12
    Options

I have had this problem since the update I haven't been able to play in days. I have Uninstalled several times I too am on Xbox game pass PC. And I have every pack and several characters prestiged I can't just switch to steam. Has anyone had a resolution? What did you do? It's driving me nuts

• airCoryell
    airCoryell Member Posts: 16
    Options

let it be known that this is day 4 and i have not been able connect to DBD. i will be back everyday to update the days until this problem is fixed. please

This discussion has been closed.