Playing DbD on console in 2023 be liked

Options

I just leave it here and say nothing

@ Mods: it's not a feedback

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

From what I can see in this video, the issues you're running into aren't related to your console, they're caused by your connection. The red icons above the Survivors' portraits mean that your connection is very poor and some of the data isn't making it. There might be a few reasons for this:

• If you're using wifi, your console may not be getting a good signal where it's placed. You can try moving it somewhere less obstructed or closer to your router to see if that helps.
    • If you're not already, using an ethernet connection will help. Wireless connections tend to be slower and very unstable.
    • If neither of those help, you may need to check your network settings through your console to see if anything has been changed. If everything is normal, you may need to contact your internet service provider to see what's wrong.

But I can confirm that this is absolutely not normal, even for consoles. Those icons should rarely if ever appear to begin with, let alone appear as solid red for the entire match.

If you continue having issues, please reach out to our support team: dbd.game/SP

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

I mean is that normal? Because if it is there's no excuse for it. Either fix the performance issues on last gen consoles or stop supporting those platforms and give refunds.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. I see your points, but let me give some more detailed information of the problems, which are:

1. Freezing while vault window / pick up trap / set up trap / pick up survivor / hook survivor
    2. Teleporting randomly (both sides)
    3. Rubber-band while moving
    4. Randomly change camera angle
    5. Some actions were not registried, such as hitting or setting trap

I agree the connection issues might cause point (2) and (3). But why does using killer ability made the game frozen?

Other 2 additional information:

1. Not all of my matches show the red network icon, but the teleport and freezing issues still happen randomly
    2. No matter how good connection is, 100% trapper matches have freezing issues when picking / setting traps

I took a long break 3 months ago, and these things did not happen since the last time I played the game.

And yes, I did test in 2 days. I also double checked my network for multiple trials, but it only happens with DbD.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

I can confirm that network issues would cause the rest of those as well. Dead by Daylight uses dedicated servers, so whenever you do something like vault a window, set a trap, or even move, your game client needs to send that information to the server, the server has to authenticate it, and then it needs to send that info out to all the other players. Whenever the server stops receiving information, it does its best to predict what you're doing to make things as smooth as possible, but since you could move in any number of ways, sometimes this means you'll teleport or rubberband slightly when you regain connection.

If this is only happening when you play Dead by Daylight, please contact our support team with the link above. They should be able to give you a few other things to try and investigate further if needed.

• gelukrait
    Options
  • gelukrait
    Options

Hi all, one of the supporter form BHVR asked me for more detailed information with time-stamps. Besides adding info in description of the clips, I would like to add here for references:

This video is only one in multiple trials. No mater connection status, 100% drop frames when picking up or setting trap when playing Trapper. However, the build-in recorder of PS can not capture it (it only merges available frame to make a clip).

Beside drop frames, below describes other issues which are marked with time-stamps:

0:36 - freezing, can not set trap

0:44 - freezing when trying to set trap again

1:41 - freezing when picking up trap

2:08 - survivor teleport & camera changed to unpredictable angle

2:30 - hit was delay to registry

2:33 - freezing when picking up survivor

2:42 - freezing when hooking survivor

2:56 - rubber-band

3:09 - freezing when picking up trap

3:29 - freezing when picking up survivor

3:32 - rubber-band & camera changed to unpredictable angle

3:42 - freezing when hooking survivor

3:59 - camera changed to unpredictable angle

4:02 - freezing when picking up trap

4:05 - freezing when vaulting window

4:14 - the trap set up there could not be picked up later on (100% bug game)

4:28 - freezing when re-setting trap

4:38 - rubber-band

4:52 - camera changed to unpredictable angle (collision issue)

5:01 - survivor run through vault location (delayed issue)

5:40 - freezing when picking up survivor

6:00 - freezing when re-setting trap & could not reset trap

6:13 - rubber-band

6:33 - survivor teleported

7:23 - rubber-band

7:35 - freezing when hooking survivor

8:03 - rubber-band

8:18 - rubber-band & delay in exploding gen

8:46 - freezing when re-setting trap

9:01 - freezing when picking up survivor

9:18 - freezing when re-setting trap

9:39 - survivor teleported even he only performed several actions in same place

About connection issue, my ping in most of other survivor trials was stable from the range 40ms to 70ms. The real issue with connection issue probably the matchmaking try to match me with other players in different regions.