Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC (Steam)- "Error: Disconnected from Host" Every Match as Killer

Beckolas
Beckolas Member Posts: 7

Step 1: Boot the game

Step 2: Start a match as Killer

Step 3: Match seem normal get about half way through a normal game and then it freezes

Step 4: "Error: Disconnected from Host" - Lose all progress from match and get banned from matchmaking

Platform: PC(Steam)

Characters: Multiple killers as I jump around on who I feel like playing. Recently was a game with Ghost Face, a game with Pig, and a game with Nemesis

Last 3 matches it has happened. Happened on some other random matches about a week ago. I thought it was my network, but I have fixed any issues there.

Internet is 400-500mbs download with a 25mbs upload. No connection issues.

Here are the log files from today(not sure if all are needed or not):

Any assistance is appreciated. I'm worried I'll get banned for an excessive amount of time so I'm afraid to even play now.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• EasternSpock
    EasternSpock Member Posts: 48

Have had the same issue on PS5 recently, have had it happen while playing survivor as well. I also was afraid to queue and risk higher DC penalty, so I played against bots in some custom games - same issue occurred several times while playing against the bots.

• chesnoodle
    chesnoodle Member Posts: 30

This happens to me all the time as both killer and survivor exactly as you described. Unfortunately I haven’t found a solution yet and dbd doesn’t seem to care at all even though it is not an internet issue.