Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Scourge Hook: Gift Of Pain Improper Healing/Repair Penalty

Darkwing_Dork
Darkwing_Dork Member Posts: 31

Platform is PC

Description: Scourge Hook: Gift Of Pain is applying an (estimated) 20% Healing/Repair penalty instead of the indicated 16%. I tested this using Overzealous (20% repair speed bonus if you cleanse a Hex Totem) while debuffed by Gift of Pain. The repair speed was at 1 charge per a second.

For healing, I did something similar. I had Desperate Measures (+14% healing speed with 1 injury) and Spinechill (+6% action speed if the killer stares at you). I combined these buffs to also achieve an, in theory, 20% healing speed bonus. Then I attempted to heal another survivor with Gift of Pain's debuff. The heal speed was also at 1 charge per a second. (I unfortunately do not have a screenshot to show the healing speed. The only reason I have a screenshot for the repair speed was because I made a clip to show a friend. He did not need a screenshot for the healing speed and just believed me when I told him after seeing the repair speed. Hopefully that's not an issue since it is easily reproducible)

Steps to reproduce: Hook a survivor on Scourge Hook, with Gift of Pain equipped. The survivor will become mangled, as intended, once unhooked. Have said survivor become healthy. Gift of Pain's debuff should now apply. However, instead of it being a 16% penalty to healing and generator repair speeds, it is a 20% penalty.

How often does this occur: Happens 100% of the time, with any killer and any survivor, with any other perks.

Screenshot:

Repair Speed:

Description: In this image, I have cleansed a Hex Totem with Overzealous, which provides a 20% repair speed bonus. I am also receiving the repair penalty from Gift Of Pain. My repair speed, as indicated by the progression bar's color, is neutral. This suggests Gift of Pain is applying a 20% repair speed penalty, instead of a 16% repair speed penalty. Additionally, it took me 30 seconds to charge "Wire Tap" (Wire Tap full charges when you repair 33% of a generator, or 30 charges of a generator) which means I am repairing at 1 charge per a second. Normally, I should be repairing faster than that with Overzealous. (Bottom perk is Leader with a custom icon, in case it matters)

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,741

This is intended. The reason you're seeing normal repair speed in this case is because the penalty is applied as a negative multiplier, rather than just subtracting 16%, while bonuses are just added to 1. This effectively means it's also partially eating into the bonus you get from Overzealous, causing the reduction in repair speed to be greater than 0.16. So your repair speed is calculated like this:

(1 [default] + 0.2 [Overzealous w/ hex totem cleansed]) * (1 - 0.16 [GoP]) = 1.008

This is close enough to 1 that the game rounds it solely for the purpose of the color of the progression bar (so it's the default gray color), but it's not actually being rounded, you are still repairing 0.8% faster than normal. You can also see this with tier 1 Thana, if only 1 survivor is injured then it's only a 1% penalty and the bar doesn't even turn red.

For the test you did with the healing speed, it'd look like this:

(1 [default] + 0.14 [DM w/ 1 injured] + 0.06 [Spine Chill]) * (1 - 0.16 [GoP]) = 1.008