99% Gens/Gates

Options
johntec
johntec Member Posts: 23

Does anyone else noticed that survivor started doing 99% gens when it's the last gen? This is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen in a video game. I died so often in the last few weeks because I expected my adrenaline to activate but people didn't finish the last gen.

And can we please talk about 99% Gates? What is the purpose of this? The timer is two minutes long, four if someone is on the ground or hooked. This is more than enough time to rescue someone from a hook. And if people say because u need more time to trade, then in the end the outcome will be the same, namely that one survivors is probably going to die. The reason why I complain about is because I died so often due to a 99% Gate I had to open while being chased and half life but I never died due to the end game timer running out while rescuing someone

Comments

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I -have- seen a couple of people 99ing gens and don't really understand the purpose of it, these aren't Pig games so at best you're scared of NOED I guess?

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    edited April 2023
    Options

99% gen only if there is a possible 3-gen.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

Sometimes is to do an adrenaline play, if they are on coms, someone is in chase, they would just wait for the survivor to get downed juat to finish the last gen and he instantly gets back up

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

pain res hit the gen with the most progress so some people would 99 a gen across map cause they know the killer not defending outside the 3 gen. Also just like @sluc16 said u can time adrenaline

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 436
    Options

I'd suggest not relying on adrenaline so much. Seeing how the game is ever-changing, it's not a good idea to rely on any perk too much. Also, many killers complain about this perk and it is being overused by survivors, so I sense it will be changed soon.

Depending on the situation, I may 99% a gen if someone is getting chased and they're in deep wounds. I wait until they mend if I notice that other survivors are around the chased player, so they can get a health state up, assuming they have adrenaline, and seeing how the game is right now it's about 90% certain they have it.

Most recently I 99% a gen because I knew the killer had Rancor. I was the obsession in the beginning of the match, but it changed to another survivor that was getting chased while I was on the last gen, so I waited until they weren't being chased anymore to give them a chance to survive.

About the gates, there are many situations where 2-4 min is not enough. It's best to not have a timer looming over your head. There may be a situation where a save is possible but risky because the timer is almost up and teammates may not even try to save the person.

It also prevents Blood Warden. You never know when a killer might have that perk, and it won't work if the gates are not open.