Hide from empathy

Zeakile
Zeakile Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 11
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

Anyone know how to hide from empathy? The amount of times I have died from a survivor killing our entire team with it is ridiculous. They just point as the killer follows them. It’s annoying.

They sometimes use bond too…

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,612

Use a locker.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Who uses empathy? If someone is purposely using bond/empathy for the sole reason to troll and show the killer where you are cause they want to team, that’s a reportable offense and that’s really all you can do..

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,741

The amount of times I have died from a survivor killing our entire team with it is ridiculous.

In ~500 hours I've seen two games where a survivor has worked with the killer to eliminate the other people in the game. You've had a lot of bad luck if this is occurring that frequently. If this was something I went into games expecting to happen I'd probably stop playing survivor.

Your only option is to report them. It's not like hiding in a locker is going to really change anything, if the killer and a survivor are working together it's not like there is some way you can play the game (unless you want to see how long you can draw it out).

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Happens all the time. I report it 2-3 a month at minimum. Have had it happen twice within the span of three trials.

Unfortunately, BHVR didn't think ahead for their online, multiplayer, kill or be killed, win at any cost game, and didn't code in any way for this (or anything else) to be easily reported. So, unfortunately, the players have to do all of the legwork on it. Including having to file two different reports per incident and going through the slow, weirdly out of order questioning, thematic bot script that doesn't even have a capacity to upload video evidence over 50mb.

The latter point of which is astounding, since even using the absolute best compression codec on top of the poorest quality recording will net 150mb+ for a typical trial video. You want to actually see any detail? It's 300mb+ per trial.