Chapter Concept: Pinpoint
Killer - The Desperado
- Iridescent Add-ons
- Make Your Mark
- Scourge Hook: Dead to Rights
Survivor - Novalie Osiander
- Unlikely Rebel
Overview: The Desperado is a flashy Killer, quickly dismantling his enemies with precision. His personal perks punish those who make themselves his target.
Speed: 4.4 m/s (110%)
Terror Radius: 32 meters
Primary Power: Sharpshooter
The Desperado holds a revolver in his left hand. Holding the Power Button will cause him to spin it with increasing speed. While spinning the revolver, the Desperado slows to 4.0 m/s. This spinning produces a sound that can be heard from 12 to 24 meters away, depending on how long it has been spun. The spin can be canceled at any time by clicking the Attack Button.
Upon releasing the Power Button, if the Desperado has been spinning the revolver for at least half a second, the Desperado fires a laser-like projectile directly ahead of him. The laser has infinite range. This projectile always travels at 48 m/s, regardless of charge. If the projectile hits a Survivor, it disappears and does not deal any damage. For a quarter of a second after firing, the Desperado's speed is reduced to 3.4 m/s, before quickly returning to 4.4 m/s.
Lasers ricochet off of walls, floors, and ceilings, and does something different depending on the number of ricochets.
- 1: A Survivor hit will be Hindered by 20% for 3 seconds.
- 2: A Survivor hit will be Hindered by 30% for 3 seconds.
- 3: A Survivor hit will be knocked to the ground for 1 second, before getting up and slowly returning to full speed from 2.0 m/s after 3 additional seconds. If a Survivor is hit by the third ricochet while vaulting, they will still be knocked to the ground, but on the other side of what they were vaulting.
Lasers do have auto-aim on the closest Survivor to them. When ricocheting, the laser can only change directions up to a certain extent.
(Crude illustration at shack, with the red lines representing ricochets and the blue representing the area in which a Survivor would be hit.)
The number of ricochets is determined by how long the gun was spun by the Desperado.
- 1 ricochet is the maximum if charged for 0.5-0.99 seconds.
- 2 ricochets are the maximum for 1-1.49 seconds.
- 3 ricochets are the maximum beyond 1.5 seconds.
Secondary Power: Bulls-Eye
The Desperado is capable of targeting a single Survivor if they have proven themselves a worthy foe. When a Survivor is in a chase for more than 90 seconds total in the match without being downed or hooked, they become marked for death. The marked Survivor is shown to all players with a red crosshair over their avatar on the HUD.
The marked Survivor is always the target of Sharpshooter, regardless of their position or the position of other Survivors. While in a chase with the marked Survivor, their aura is shown to you.
A marked Survivor can remove their mark by cleansing a Dull or Hex Totem. The Desperado can remove a mark from a Survivor himself by holding the Active Ability Button for 3 seconds, at no penalty to movement. After manually unmarking a Survivor, no other Survivors will be marked until they are chased for 10 continuous seconds, even if they have been chased enough to be marked under normal circumstances.
Only one Survivor can be marked at a time. If a Survivor is currently at or above the threshold to be marked and the currently marked Survivor becomes unmarked by cleansing a Totem, they become marked. If there's a tie in the threshold, the Survivor farthest from you becomes marked.
(If a Survivor becomes marked while a laser is currently in motion, the laser will not change targets to them unless they would have already been the target. If a Survivor is unmarked while a laser is targeting them, it will continue to target them.)
- The unadjusted (not targeting a Survivor) trajectory of the first ricochet is shown to you in white while charging Sharpshooter.
- It takes 8/10/12 fewer seconds for a Survivor to be marked for death.
- While a marked Survivor is cleansing a Dull or Hex Totem, their aura is shown to you.
- After exiting a chase with the marked Survivor, their aura remains visible for 5 seconds.
- Whenever the marked Survivor is being healed, their aura is shown to you.
- When you hit a Survivor with a Sharpshooter ricochet, their aura is revealed to you for 4 seconds per ricochet before they were hit.
- You move 0.2 m/s faster while charging Sharpshooter.
- If you hit a Survivor with a Sharpshooter ricochet while they are vaulting a pallet, that pallet is broken and you gain 10% Haste for 5 seconds.
- Your Sharpshooter ricochets can pierce Survivors and hit multiple. Each time it pierces a Survivor, the laser is treated as if it ricocheted one less time.
- Charging your Sharpshooter can be heard from 4/6 fewer meters away.
A cruel reminder of your own demise, recreated for you to use on others in the fog.
By charging Sharpshooter for more than 2 seconds, the laser gains the ability to ricochet a fourth time. After this fourth ricochet, in addition to the effects of the third ricochet, the target Survivor loses one health state. If the Survivor is injured, they are put into Deep Wounds instead.
Everything you ever wanted, destroyed in an instant by some undeserving punk. The rage still fuels you.
When a Survivor reaches the threshold to be marked for death while another Survivor is marked, they become Exposed for 30 seconds. If they become marked during this time, this time increases by 10 seconds.
You know no result other than the death of your target.
This perk starts with 2/3/4 Tokens. At the start of a chase, lose 1 Token. If you hit that Survivor with a basic attack, their aura is shown to you while they're in a chase until they are downed.
If you down a Survivor whose aura is shown to you with this perk, regain 1 Token.
Make your Mark
Missing isn't an option. Not when you're already so behind.
This perk gains 1 Token each time a generator is completed.
You can click the Active Ability Button while lunging to expend 1 Token. Your speed is increased by 80/90/100% for the remaining duration of the lunge, but the remaining duration is reduced by 50%.
Scourge Hook: Dead to Rights
They don't deserve to live after what they did. Not a single one.
At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks: the auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white.
When you hook a Survivor on a Scourge Hook, the Survivor who has worked the longest on a generator and is not currently downed or hooked has their aura revealed to you for 4/6/8 seconds. After this time, they become Oblivious and Exposed for 30 seconds.
Scourge Hook: Dead to Rights cannot affect the same Survivor twice in a row.
Overview: Goal-oriented and driven, but sometimes too boxed in by rules she makes up, Novalie is a good thinker that holds herself back. Her perks allow her to focus on a goal and complete it perfectly every time, even if it may take her some time to get going.
You have a habit of making things harder at the start, but at least that tends to reward you in the end.
You have a 10% repair speed penalty for the first 20 seconds you work on each specific generator in a Trial.
For every 10/9/8 seconds you've repaired a generator in a row before you've stopped repairing it, it continues being repaired at 50% progression for 1 second, until it is damaged by the Killer, or you begin repairing a generator again.
People who hurt your friends get hurt, that's how it goes.
If you blind or stun the Killer while they are in a chase with, or carrying, another Survivor, this perk gains 1 Token (max 2/3/4). For each Token, you recover from Blindness, Broken, Exposed, Hemorrhage, Hindered, and Oblivious status effects 20% faster.
You weren't the one anyone thought would take the system's biggest enforcer out, and yet...
Each time a generator is completed, gain 1 Token (max 3/4/5). For each Token on this perk, you unhook and heal other Survivors 10% faster.