Server-Regions need to be fixed

Im sick of playing against killers that have bad ping and get benefited for it. Im paying for good internet ( 1000mb ) and yet i get punished for it. After a round is over i see that the Killer is from africa or russia. Why do i get matched so often with them. At first I thought that they're using VPN to take advantage, because they know they get hit priority. But i cant believe that this many people are using VPN. It has to be game-related. F.e. i never play against people from US. But i do often play against people from russia, while i live in Germany.

This is the biggest reason why im currently sick of DBD. And im not spending any more money until this gets resolved.

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,956

Playing against people from Russia is very normal when you're on the Server based in the EU as it's the nearest Server to them. Players are matched to their nearest server and with the impossibility of having a server in every single country of the world, it's inevitable that players are going to be matched against others from other countries.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

That would depend more on factors like what time you're playing and who is in your region I think. Like maybe you're in a weird geographic deadzone where people closer to you don't like to play at the times you play, but it is peak hours for players further away in different timezones. Also, I don't know if US players even get matched up with anyone on EU servers at all without messing with their steam settings.

• VaporLion
    VaporLion Member Posts: 386

look at this. this just happened to me. thats just not fun. And it doesnt matter at which time i play, it just happens roughly every 2nd game.

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241

1. Have you read the news about hit validation? now predominantly always on the side of the one with lower ping

2. how did you find out the player's ping on the killer?

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I've been getting people from Japan, Russia and even Nicaragua. I'm from the US. I don't even know where Nicaragua even was until I looked it up. They do need to look at VPN'ers and their region grabbing.

• Zyie
    Zyie Member Posts: 90

Since killer having bad ping is an advantage, one that is often abused by using a VPN to play in a different region, we NEED to be able to see the killers ping in lobby, so that we can dodge their games. It's the only way to make it basically impossible to use a VPN to gain an advantage. It's using a 3rd party tool, to gain an advantage. If it was even close to feasible for BHVR to ban all VPNs (it isn't look at much bigger companies like Netflix or Disney+ who isn't able to avoid it, despite trying), then BHVR would be able to track people and ban them for it. It'd be bad for streamers who are getting DDOSed or has hackers forcibly trying to join their games as has happened in the past, so even then it'd probably be a bad idea. After all, streamers are a good advertisement for DBD and helps bring new players into the game.

Killers using a VPN, or other tools, to artificially increase their ping to gain an advantage, should be punished by survivors being able to see that they have terrible ping in lobby, and therefore dodge their lobbies all together, making it nearly impossible to play games with that way of "cheating".

It's cheating, it just can't be easily bannable, so the community needs a way to sort out the issue themselves. The only way to do that, it to see killers ping in lobby.

• Leidenschaft90
    Leidenschaft90 Member Posts: 77

Ja Mann, sag's ihnen. :D

Imo the biggest problem DbD has for years and it's hardly getting adressed. In 10 games I face about 5-6 killers having a high ping / bad connection to the server. It's so frustrating every ######### time. You have a good internet / ping and have to suffer while people with bad internet gain the advantage. In what world is that fair? ... You're forced to adjust your gameplay and may need to drop pallets that you wouldn't otherwise need to drop ...