If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Who was the most recent non licensed killer to be liked by most players?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Another thread did get me wondering about this. I feel like the last non licensed killer I've generally liked and haven't heard much complaint about is Deathslinger. It does also feel like all of the non licensed killers before his release are pretty well regarded (outside of nurse and maybe legion) compared to non licensed killers afterwards (blight to now) being much more of a mixed bag. Not sure if others feel this way but wanted to get some thoughts.

*Pre blight non licensed killers*

Trapper

Wraith

Hillbilly

Nurse

Hag

doctor

Huntress

Clown

Spirit

Legion

Oni

Deathslinger

*Blight to now*

Blight

Twins

Trickster

Artist

Dredge

Knight

Skull merchant

As far as just non licensed killers I hear much more complaints about the later half of non licensed killers than the earlier ones (again, besides nurse).

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah blight felt fringe to me. I could see going either way on honestly

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited May 2023
    Options

Deathslinger is too clunky to play.

It wasn't enough that the odds of missing were in the survivor's favor (they either juke left, juke right, or keep going straight, and the Deathslinger can only choose 1), or that the survivors could easily Dead Hard the shot, or that pre-dopping pallets destroyed him, or that most loops were too tall to shoot over... the devs STILL had to nerf him.

I've seen only 2 or 3 Deathslingers since his nerf.

If at the start of the match I could choose to have my shots disabled for the rest of the match in exchange for 4.6 m/s movespeed instead of 4.4, I would play him.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    edited May 2023
    Options

You cannot dead hard Deathslingers ability. @Nos37

I personally love the aesthetic and playstyle of Artist and Knight. Are we discussing the enjoyment of a killer from just the survivors perspective?

If so, none of this matters. Blight is hated too.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

Yeah from survivor perpective, most killers hated.

Like I guess the fav is demo, rarely hated by anyone, but was always a miserable killer to play, because so average, with extremely lackluster kit

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 586
    edited May 2023
    Options

I don't think Dredge is overhated so maybe Dredge? I don't see nerf Dredge threads on the regular and no one seems to really have a problem with him.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah om more talking about both sides. both playing as and playing against, besides the standard "all killers are the devil" talk of course.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2023
    Options

Dredge is one I don't mind too much (although I do think there should be a way for survivors to end darkness early with something like the box Pinhead has). His darkness phase I could see egetting annoying for people

Artist doesn't bug me too much but I'm not exactly excited to go against her. She is just kinda there for me.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Blight=fine with him

Trickster= Ill be the 1% survivor main who actually love and find trickster fun and most the times i dont seem to get tunnel/camp or they even let me go even though I dont ask them to xD. Then again my name I use pretty much they will say they like it and its representing my love for them.

Twins=boring slug fest

Knight/Skull merchant=boring, easy to use hand me down killers that takes 0 skills to use

Dredge = he is ok though other than night fall being stupidly annoying which makes it easier for him to get a down unless your using windows which I dont use.

Trapper= he is fun and he is the og poster boy, pretty funny when you can be killing out the gens but you make one mistake or your team and he can really turn that game around

Clown=annoying as heck and cheap with slow down/anti loop with those bottles, I wish bvhr reduce those the size of those clouds of smoke, people complain on flashlight epilepsy yet this dude gas really urks my eyes

Legion= mend simulator , one of the most boring killers ever

oni=he is fun

nurse= she is fun (yes I said she is fun)

Spirit= Another killer that I find unskillful, easy to get hits with her and that lil audio queue does not mean anything, she still has no counter play .and ofc with iron will being trash, all these boring spirit mains back with their crutch strider perk. I rather die to a god nurse in 10 seconds than an average spirit because at least with nurse I can more likely to guess when and how to juke nurse.

Wraith= I use to enjoy going against them until the recent removal of lightburn, cause I love when they try to get a free hit when am a gen and I drop a flashbang and blow him up, now they become more annoying with that gone. The ability to also body block and cut off your loop too is annoying.

Artist- Anti loop=anti looper killers are boring

huntress= the most balanced and fair killer and my favorite of the female killer, huntress mommy. She was just so well designed play I cant just describe how happy I get when I get one.

Doc= he is a 50 50 of hate and like, hate that his shock literally stops you from doing any actions if hit and he has easiest ways to find survivors but not to bad.

Billy=fun ofc

death slinger= annoying as heck, unlike huntress and trickster, the fact this guy can grab you with his gun on anything even a tiny blocked window hole in killer shack is like.....lame + he is a part legion who also inflicts mend with his power.

Thats my take, I didnt see plague on list so idk if she was based off something licensed or she was behaviors own killer.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

At the time of his nerf you could, yet the devs still felt the nerf was necessary.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options
  • Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I mean barely any killers are 'liked by most people'. You see threads whining about a whole load of the killer roster, and the only real ones that seem to be commonly liked are killers like Hillbilly who are generally on the weaker end.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Death Slinger was pretty good to play as and against until they nerfed his ADS. Now he just feels terrible to play as and not seen anymore.

Dredge haven't seen any love or hate for him other than a few people that can't see when nightfall is active.

Most other non licensed killers are meh.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

Is there any killer that's universally liked?

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 940
    Options

I forgive The Artist, I used to be against her but after seeing The Knight and the Skull Merchant I think she's much more tolerable than before.

I think Dredge would be the answer to your question though, because he doesn't get much hate and his outfits are some of the most inspired and cool ones we've seen on a killer. His anti-loop has a counter by running into the husk before it can react, and the teleport is about as fair as other high mobility mechanics. Nightfall is slightly annoying but possible to get used to.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,231
    Options

Probably Trickster. I personally like the Dredge most out of all the recently released non licensed killers.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,643
    Options

Demo and Wesker are probably the closest we have currently.

Myers back in 2017-2018 was probably the closest we’ve ever had to a universally liked killer. Every poll I saw back then always had him at the top. But now he’s outdated and everyone runs Tombstone Piece so he’s not really loved anymore.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,462
    Options

In terms of amount of hate they get, Blight is probably the least hated by both sides from everyone listed as most people only have problems with his add ons and seeing him too much from what we've seen. Honorable mention goes to Dredge, It doesn't get much hate from either side either and is more recent than blight.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited May 2023
    Options

I thought Dredge was more popular than not. There are a few who have issues with Nightfall, and a few who say he's just an M1 killer, but generally it was a positive reception.

Blight might have been popular from a killer main perspective, but I'm pretty sure survivors have always hated Blight. His first two years of life were plagued by the Ruin-Undying-Tinkerer gen control meta.

Meanwhile a good portion of survivors like how Dredge is actually kinda 'scary' to go against. In fact there was a narrative around the time after the last Anniversary where survivors were disappointed that they didn't encounter the Dredge much. Yet they're not a 'weak' killer by any means.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

Jist look at the list before Blight and after Blight. What in the world happened internally at BHVR? Did they lose a bunch of staff or what? I know they lost McLean, but one guy shouldn't be the difference between consistent quality and and a complete nosedive.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah its very weird how drastic quality changed between the first half to the second half

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

I always got the impression people generally like the concept and mechanics of the big chicken (Dredge) --- there's just an accessibility / trigger concern with his nightfall that should have an alternative soundscape (which Plague should have too).

I also like the the chicken boy. He's a bit scary with nightfall, there are fun mindgames to be had when it comes to his anti-loop and imo he has a pretty decently balanced set of add-ons as well and can utilise different kinds of builds and strategies.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

You haven't heard any complaints about Deathslinger because nobody plays him anymore because he got nerfed to be super clunky and just not fun. Instead of nerfing the thing about him that was actually pretty busted.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 876
    Options

I guess Dredge? I like Dredge and didnt hear people rage about it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,549
    Options

Dredge for me. Shame I don't see him much