If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is this the Entity's Language ?? Devs ??

Options
TheBretzel
TheBretzel Member Posts: 83
edited May 2018 in Lore

-anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix
-kw'zvre'od

Both of theses phrases are written on the Anniversary weapons of certain Killers.

If you put them on google traduction and detect language, you wont find anything relevant. BUT if you put the traductor in Urdu language, it can translate to English on a different orthograph.

This is what they say :

- anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix = This is a sign of the fact that this is the case.
- anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: = This is a good idea.
- sekall'o = Skill/Learn
- ammk'ix = Relfection
- anoyk = Unique
- yeqkany'ye = Okay/Sure/Definitely
- eydokl'x = Saddle
- yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo = That's what you're here
- kw'zvre'od = Uruguay

It looks you can put them up in different orders, on my part I can read ;

Definitely, that's why you're here ; Skill reflection.

Is this it ? Anyone else has something ?

Comments

• TheBretzel
    Options

Thanks, altough I did not do it from scratch. There were some people trying to decipher it months ago but I believe they got nothing. Only one post I found referred to a specific foreign language so I researched on that info.

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options

Ooo, keep it up. I love stuff like this :p

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

They've cracked the code, I've been waiting for somebody to figure this out. Thank you!

• ElBarto227
    ElBarto227 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Looking at this, I'd say the text is supposed to mean something like this is a reminder of why you're here" o something like that?

Been wondering what these mean, thanks a ton OP!

• EterniquE
    EterniquE Member Posts: 31
    Options

interesting

• ShinoInari
    ShinoInari Member Posts: 3
    Options

Very interesting, written in the actual text of Urdu, it looks like this:

انویک یقکننے'یہ ہوے'ک ل'گنو ےدوکل'ش : سکلل'و عک'ِش

Which looks a lot like some of the marking on those weapons

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited May 2018
    Options

It doesn't translate to the exact same thing in my native language ( French ) !
    Here what it said :

- anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix = Ne pas oublier de noter cette chanson"Scale" "Uruguay' which translate to = don't forget to note down this song "Scale" "Uruguay"
    - ammk'ix = Reflection = Réfléxion which can emans reflection or thoughts
    - anoyk = Novice translate to Beginner

So what i translate it to is :

-anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix
    -kw'zvre'od

Apprentice , that's why you are settled down here : to think and learn. " Uruguay"

For me it could be a clue for the next chapter as the killer image look a lot like a magician/conjuror type, the different fingers on his ring could be from his last apprentice and he/she kidnaps their next apprentice trying to show them true power ?

• sundowave
    sundowave Member Posts: 12
    Options

If you put "Definitely, that's why you're here ; Skill reflection." into Urdu and try to translate to English you'll get this: "Burial, underneath the other; Scale Reletters" so the Entity might be saying to bury survivors on top of each other? To dominate them with skill?

The entire sentence might be: "That's exactly why you are here, to bury them one after another/on top of each other. (with skill?)"

• NitiwatIsCool
    NitiwatIsCool Member Posts: 5
    Options

WOW! I never know that! keep it up. I like kind of these stuff.

• sundowave
    sundowave Member Posts: 12
    Options

But the question is why does the Odd Stamp say "Uruguay" in Entity Speech? And when you use it on a map, meaning you stamp the map with that It magically increases your range of tracking ability considerably.

The description for Alex’s toolbox, it reads:

Most of the tools are identified as “owned by Alex".

The note on the Engineer's Toolbox reads:

“I've created tools beyond compare and stood paralyzed as they were stolen from me. These are but a poor replica, spat out by the fog." - Vigo's Journal

So it could be that either one of them is from Uruguay. Or if My theory is correct and they are in fact one person it means he/she is from Uruguay or at least traveled there or something of the sorts.

• TheBretzel
    Options

( Holly molly I went to bed and I wake up with the most viewed thread 0.o )

Update :

Well thanks everyone ;) Altough one thing I shall remind you,; this is speculation. Some texts do not translate directly, and I have no Idea as to what they sound like when written in the different ortograph. But I still have some leads that I did not mention yet. ( Did not wanted to clutter the opening thread with additional info) More heads are better than one on this. They hide the lore pretty well. So here's my bets...

I believe there's two ways to know if this is true or not.

1- The first way is waiting for an Anniversary event to show up, one will be up very very soon, since we're going to celebrate the 2 year Anniversary. As to why ? Well, if theses phrases appeared in the Anniversary Event, I believe new ones will show up in the next one. If they can be translated like theses ones, the suspicion of this language being the right one greatly increased.

2-The second one has to do with a certain Perk in the game. Whispers to be precise. I remember Mathieu Coté said that the Entity's language was something he heard in real life. Add to that, that Whispers is the ONLY way to actually HEAR the Entity and has been there since game launch. This perk has something hidden in it's voice that I do not know what yet,

So here's where I stand right now. Follwing Whispers while waiting for either a response or the Anniversary.

• Secundus
    Secundus Member Posts: 52
    Options

Even after almost a year those items came, there are still people trying to solve these. Thanks for the find OP :)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

Nice work OP :)

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Add to that, that Whispers is the ONLY way to actually HEAR the Entity and has been there since game launch. This perk has something hidden in it's voice that I do not know what yet

Maybe I watch OchiDO too much, but for some reason the only thing I hear with Whispers is "yeaaaaaah... duuuuuud..."

• TheBretzel
    Options

@Rattman said:

Add to that, that Whispers is the ONLY way to actually HEAR the Entity and has been there since game launch. This perk has something hidden in it's voice that I do not know what yet

Maybe I watch OchiDO too much, but for some reason the only thing I hear with Whispers is "yeaaaaaah... duuuuuud..."

Well, that's one way to hear the Entity lmao.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

try affine code....i once tried it on a whim...

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

People already figured it up a couple month ago on reddit, the thread just didn't make it into the popular feed.

Props to you for finding it on your own, thought.

• TheBretzel
    Options

@Dragonredking said:
    People already figured it up a couple month ago on reddit, the thread just didn't make it into the popular feed.

Props to you for finding it on your own, thought.

And where exactly is the post in question ( link will be appreciated ) and is it the same as I said ? There's still other things to decypher so if we're on the same line of thinking it will be easier for me to try and find the rest.

• TheBretzel
    Options

Update 2

Whispers sound effect is impossible to retrieve directly since the file itself is just usable by thoses who have created it. So dont try to check for whispers unaltered sound, it is impossible. (I have the file but I'm no Dev and I didnt work on the game so I have no means to open it, and it's probably better that way.)

Knowing that, I suppose in-game sound whispers would be judged enough by the Devs if we were to find something else about the Entity's language.

Tl;DR : Whispers route has lead to a dead-end as of now so the only way to confirm this language (that we know of) would be for them to add more decypherable language. Unless they decide to add something else entirely about the language like signs/icons/drawings or something.

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 191
    Options

7 words, seven original killers (at the time the phrase was released into the weapons)
    Trapper - American according to the wiki

Wraith - African

Hillbilly - American according to the wiki

Nurse - According to the wiki, English-American

Myers - American

Hag - American according to the wiki

Doctor - Asian American according to the wiki

maybe a mix of different languages from each killers ethnicity?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

This sounds very interesting, but I get a strange feeling this is more coincidence than anything else. The Entity is described as not only being otherwordly, but so unfamiliar with our dimension that in its realms it fabricates many aspects of trials and landscapes to compensate for that which it does not comprehend about our reality. I think this is evidence to show the Entity speaks a language that doesn't exist among us humans.

• TheBretzel
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    This sounds very interesting, but I get a strange feeling this is more coincidence than anything else. The Entity is described as not only being otherwordly, but so unfamiliar with our dimension that in its realms it fabricates many aspects of trials and landscapes to compensate for that which it does not comprehend about our reality. I think this is evidence to show the Entity speaks a language that doesn't exist among us humans.

Well thing is, the language the Entity speaks exists between human. In fact Mathieu Coté the game director said that he heard it being spoken aloud before and also said that it was decypherable (So a phonic language hint maybe). My guess could be a coincidence, but the long phrase strangely fits into everything else. That + a good way to prove it would be more decypherable language. I'm quite eager to see new phrases to see if they can be translated the same way as theses ones.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Whispers has been known to state "He's Dead" which could be referring to Benedict Baker. Whispers is the only clear interaction that we the players have with The Entity. And the whole "He's Dead" is the only human thing that i have ever heard it say. Everything else was just garbled up whale groans.

• DJDSDSTORT
    DJDSDSTORT Member Posts: 6
    Options
    We should follow @Adeloo 's steps and translate to French, or whatever BHVR's native language is.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I started a Steam group to try to translate this message way back when it was first released, but nobody actually helped or cared at the time. It's weird to see this actually become relevant almost a year after it was released.

Anyway, I found that some words can be translated backwards into various languages. My guess was that the entire message was backwards. In fact, part of the message, when translated backwards, means something like "Look mother/mom", which I believe was a reference to Anna (The Huntress).

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Kuris said:

7 words, seven original killers (at the time the phrase was released into the weapons)
    Trapper - American according to the wiki

Wraith - African

Hillbilly - American according to the wiki

Nurse - According to the wiki, English-American

Myers - American

Hag - American according to the wiki

Doctor - Asian American according to the wiki

maybe a mix of different languages from each killers ethnicity?

Few things... myers is not original, I don’t think it’s a mix of languages bc there are mostly American, and Doctor is not Asian that’s racist lol.
  • Trapper_Licker
    Trapper_Licker Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Options

I too tried to decipher it back in 2017 through checking for common ciphers like Caesar and Vigenère, though to no avail. Someone pointed out to me that it looked similar to R'lyehian/Cthuvian, the language invented by Lovecraft for his short stories, though a translator doesn't yield any results. I pinged Dave Richard about it on Twitter back then, this was his answer:

I am also highly skeptical of translating anything "back" between languages, that's... really not how language works. Google translate is a poor source of translation even with more common languages