First game back being sick of solo survivor

Options
smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

I stopped playing for a while because i'm sick and tired of being matched with beginner survivors that can't loop an m1 killer for more than a minute and give up on first hook vs try hard tournament killers that use the best perks and addons they can...

first game back I get someone that goes afk after first hook. i'm just not going to bother anymore, the game just isn't fun if you want to play solo survivor... maybe next year they'l fix the matchmaking ?

Comments

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Unfortunately when you leave for a while your MMR drops and you'll end up be matched with newbies who will make it difficult for you to go back up in MMR. Honestly these days solo q is really not that bad at average MMR, so it's up to you to decide if you feel like suffering your way out of low matchmaking is worth it rn (bc if you don't do it now you'll most likely have to do it whenever you decide to pick up the game again), or maybe you could play in swf to get out of it before switching back to solo q.

In any case, even if matchmaking is improved, it's likely you'll still be matched with newer players for a bit because your MMR will still be lower than last time you played.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Another reason why escapes/kills shouldn't be the way of match making.

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 295
    Options

"Increasing MMR to get better teammates" is a myth, even top survivor streamers get crappy teammates all the time. Here's an example with Otz solo queue games:

In several clips, he loops the killer for 3 minutes and not a single gen gets done.

That was 1 year ago, since then the game has become more killer-sided.

Good luck with solo queue as a casual player when even 5k+ hour players can't deal with it anymore

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

Don't play Survivor with anything short of a 3-man SWF. ...and even that is pushing it.