Anyone else missing more indoor maps?

Options

it's been years since a indoor map was released ( RPD ) and it's past time to add a new one.

I know the community doesn't like this type of map but there's no denying that indoor maps are generally more balanced than the open ones but of course some are controversial like Gideon and the old RPD but i prefer to be sent on these maps much more than eyrie, garden and borgo.

People came up with some cool ideas of adding a map to trickster like the mightee one entertainment and adding a new variant to Glenvale the hellshire penitentiary. I miss more indoor maps but receiving one that is at least balanced works for me.

Comments

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 241
    Options

They're good for stealth killers which is nice, i like them for that

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 356
    Options

I hate the map that has 2f or more.

The terror radio system didn't make for this.

Other than that if the map isn't too big, indoor or outdoor didn't make different for me.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I'm a fan of indoor maps. I'd love to have one that was not very wide but was several floors. It's weird to me that we t we haven't had a map somewhat like this already

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

I find them quite enjoyable from both sides and they're also needed for variety. If every map was outdoor I would find that pretty dull overall. It would be nice to have a couple more indoor maps put in place.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

No

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

Hawkins…

Beyond that, they have to expand on Léry’s as a realm. It’s the oldest single-map realm.

Also, Hellshire Penitentiary from Slinger’s lore would be a great addition to the Grave of Glenvale realm. With that, we’d have a realm that features both an outdoor and an indoor map.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Lerys does feel like it has a lot of potential to be expanded.

Also, I'd love to have an all kill map that is a large sound studio

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,274
    Options

I love indoor maps aesthetically, but gameplay wise they screw over A LOT of the killer roster

Come on BHVR, just make a map pool for each killer individually, would make balancing them so much easier

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 512
    Options

The maps that have been added in recent years are either extremely large or pallet heavens, and the reworked ones tend to be that way as well. Please leave the coal tower and iron works alone for the rest of your life.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options
  • Shroompy
    Options

Depends

Stealth killers or killers who dont get too bothered with LoS breakers are great

A killer like Trickster, Billy, Huntress or Trapper tho? Get kind of screwed over

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Other than Lery's I think indoor maps have been among the worst in the game. I absolutely hate The Game and Midwich. I hated the Stranger Things map. RPD has gotten much better but I still don't like it (other than visuals and nostalgia).

I like when maps have a mix of indoor and outdoor and would like to continue to see variations of that.

With that said, I think a map set in a hotel could be really cool.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 274
    Options

I feel that they appeal to certain killer playstyles (stealth, long corridors can be good for projectiles/zoning) but at the same time, killers with rather linear playstyles like trapper and hillbilly will struggle on the enclosed spaces.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

There's no denying that indoor maps tend to have the best aesthetic. But oh man do I hate playing on them lol. I don't enjoy playing on RPD, Midwich, Lery's, or The Game as Survivor or Killer. Even Hawkins had abysmal map design, even if it did have the best aesthetic design to date.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I hate RPD with a passion... to say the least

But then again RPD was re-released when Wesker came out so I don't think that RPD should count

And Midwich does have some outdoor play so IMO that doesn't count either

So that just leaves The Game, Lery's... and honorable (or dishonorable mention) Hawkins

• WitchOfCraft
    WitchOfCraft Member Posts: 35
    Options

If only they made a map of Ji-Woon Hak's studio or stage. That would be the indoor map. For each generator a survivor completes it adds to the lights (for the stage) or opens places like the game (for the studio). They make the exit gate switches play music but its very faint. Still would be a nice addition.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

It's such a shame they never gave him a map. Did they ever say why?

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

I like indoor maps and i miss Hawkins.

Don´t get the hate. Even RPD is cool.

They could do so much great indoor maps...

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

I kinda want a catacomb / sewer map

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options

No, please no more indoor maps.

• WitchOfCraft
    WitchOfCraft Member Posts: 35
    Options

But it would be great for Trickster because you can just equip the ricochet blades add-on and if there is a long small hallway it works well. Same with Huntress but you just need skill to anticipate where and when you the survivor is going. Billy, its either pure luck or pure skill. And Trapper, i don't really know but if there was like places that hide things well on the ground it would be balanced for him.

• Shroompy
    Options

Im not saying they dont have options on these maps, Im saying their options are SEVERELY limited when compared to an outdoor map

Billy on Coldwind and Billy on Lery's might as well be 2 different games